Final fife derby of the season..

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game went much as I expected, with us treating it with a lazy kickabout-couldnt-give-a-feck attitude.Three tap-ins says it all. It was a Fife derby FFS. I'm certain we wouldnt have been so laid back and generous if it was Dunfermline.

Still, I was pleased for Cowdenbeath in their bid to stay up. Wasnt impressed by your goalie's time wasting and play acting tho.

BTW if you want Moon please take him. And Scott.

And Fox....

Can we have Hill and Mckeown back?

Hill may be on his way, I love the big guy and would love him to stay but I reckon we will have a fully full time squad next season. As for Mckeown, after a VERY shaky he start he has improved dramatically (possibly because the clusterfuck that was Ross Perry is no longer beside him) so I'd like to keep him.

A fully full-time squad would be a huge mistake as it means letting arguably our best player go. We're in a good position at the moment and can attract the very best of the part-time players.

That isn't what's holding us back IMO -our worst players this season are all full time.

Dougie is still one of our top players, don't let Wednesday night fool you, he was poor but we have never played that system before and it looked like neither of our back 3 knew exactly what they were supposed to be doing, you need a strong midfield when playing that way and we were as good as a man short there in Scott.

McKeown's been fine since the turn of the year. I've lost count of the number of times he's made goal line clearances for us since then. He looked out of sorts at full back but then our whole defence did.

There has to be better out there than him though. If we aspire to heights greater than 6th or 7th then guys like him have to go.

A fully full-time squad would be a huge mistake as it means letting arguably our best player go. We're in a good position at the moment and can attract the very best of the part-time players.

That isn't what's holding us back IMO -our worst players this season are all full time.

Rovers going full- time would just be daft indeed. Full- time football is sadly still is a matter of vanity and delusion for some teams in Scottish football. It just gets them into the financial shit and surely lessons should have been learned by now ?

Good to see that there have been no sour grapes from the Rovers fans over our easy win ;) . I raised a glass of of Chablis in your honour tonight.

Rovers going full- time would just be daft indeed. Full- time football is sadly still is a matter of vanity and delusion for some teams in Scottish football. It just gets them into the financial shit and surely lessons should have been learned by now ?

Good to see that there have been no sour grapes from the Rovers fans over our easy win ;) . I raised a glass of of Chablis in your honour tonight.

To be fair, I think Hill and McGurn are our only part-timers. Grant Anderson I'm never sure about, but I think he's FT.

I think we can probably afford it, although it would bring its own limitations - smaller squad and may mean we can't offer some players as much to attract them. I'd rather we retained a little bit flexibility.

We have full time players in our squad. They have mostly been fucking awful this season. We're moving in the opposite direction

To be fair, I think Hill and McGurn are our only part-timers. Grant Anderson I'm never sure about, but I think he's FT.

I think we can probably afford it, although it would bring its own limitations - smaller squad and may mean we can't offer some players as much to attract them. I'd rather we retained a little bit flexibility.

What are your average crowds this season? They will certainly be down next time around. No Hearts and probably Rangers or Hibs going up . Not having a dig, I just always wonder why some Championship teams think that full - time football is viable with such low crowds to sustain it.

There has to be better out there than him though. If we aspire to heights greater than 6th or 7th then guys like him have to go.

He'll be fine once then larger teams leave this league. I know it's not the most ambitious perspective, but if Hearts and Rangers/Hibs go up, then you're looking at a league which is substantially weaker. St Mirren look likely to come down and you'd imagine they'd have to restructure to adapt to life at this level by cutting costs. Same goes for any team coming down next season if they lose in the playoffs.

We've seen far better from McKeown when he's been in a stable back 4 featuring McGurn. During the first half of the season, we were chopping and changing while also featuring Ross Perry. My hope is we'll continue to see large steps from McKeown. Keep in mind the lad is still 22 and is heading in the right direction.

Archived