Final fife derby of the season..

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think Murray had changed system for a cup final, rather than a meaningless end of season game, the way some folk are going on..

They've obviously spent this week working on the 3-5-2, presumably in preparation for next season, and that's why Cuthbert has played, because McGurn doesn't train. It's a free shot to get a look at the system, and get the boys used to it.

Not sure if you're serious or not? Fair do's playing a different system but doing it when the other team has something to play for is a bit much.

The team should have been changed at half time. murray deserves great praise for giving us a tiny glimpse of hope in terms of a late play off push, but he also deserves a lot of critism for getting his game plan completely wrong tonight. Not sure what he was actually thinking??

At half time, dougie should have been taken off, with anderson his replacement. Back to 4-4-2, get the ball wide and get the crosses in. Thomson played horrible as a wing back tonight. He gets forward more when he's in a back 4. The same with McKeown.

All three centre backs looks very suspect as well. Nish had a field day.

Good luck to Cowden. Hope you stay up.

You'd think Murray had changed system for a cup final, rather than a meaningless end of season game, the way some folk are going on..

They've obviously spent this week working on the 3-5-2, presumably in preparation for next season, and that's why Cuthbert has played, because McGurn doesn't train. It's a free shot to get a look at the system, and get the boys used to it.

For some the glass is half empty, for some it's half full, for others their cup runeth over...

If that's what we look like after working on a "system" then hopefully after tonight a 3-5-2 with that squad is never seen again.

That was absolutely awful. All for trying new things but when it's so clear it's not working, we're 2-0 down and there's a double sub waiting to come on, I'm maybe being naive but I'd expect a change to the system...

Aside from anything else Hill isn't mobile enough to play a 3-5-2, and Thomson isn't comfortable enough on the ball.

Booooo. Good luck to Cowden in their quest to stay up - we help every year, you have to say.

pretty much this plus Jimmy Scott is f***in useless.

I hope anyone that is in the "end of season" or "who cares we are safe" camp was not at the game tonight. We have still paid to watch that clueless crap tonight. The players should be embarrassed. I am all for trying something new. BUT it was very clear after 35 minutes it was not working. Murrays fiddling and pondering over changes is the reason he will never be better than an average journeyman manager.

Not sure if you're serious or not? Fair do's playing a different system but doing it when the other team has something to play for is a bit much.

The team should have been changed at half time. murray deserves great praise for giving us a tiny glimpse of hope in terms of a late play off push, but he also deserves a lot of critism for getting his game plan completely wrong tonight. Not sure what he was actually thinking??

At half time, dougie should have been taken off, with anderson his replacement. Back to 4-4-2, get the ball wide and get the crosses in. Thomson played horrible as a wing back tonight. He gets forward more when he's in a back 4. The same with McKeown.

All three centre backs looks very suspect as well. Nish had a field day.

Good luck to Cowden. Hope you stay up.

This,

Plus McGurn should never be rested dropped or left on the bench unless his fucking heads fallen off…that is all.

Fantastic performance tonight.

Saturdays game is really massive which could well be enough to finish eighth

Colin Nish I say no more and I am sure others will join me in saying we are choking on our words of criticism to you.I did say after Saturdays performance watch this he will suddenly become a cult hero.

Slow start from you Nish in regards to your time at Cowden but you thoroughly deserve the applaudits from tonight's performance and you could have even scored more.

Keep it up Cowden a great reaction to our recent poor form.

Looking forward to Saturday so let's get right behind the team and make as much noise as we did tonight!

Together we will survive and look forward to a fourth consecutive season in the championship.

Over to you Cowden to finish the job!

Our application tonight was excellent. You don't need to have any ability whatsoever to have some dig and desire - where the hell has this been all season!?

Can't believe I was singing Colin Nish's name :lol: In spite of his three goals (his first was an outstanding finish) his general play was STILL pretty poor but he definitely had the look of a man that wanted to win tonight. The whole team did.

Hope chopper is ok too. That was a dull one to take!

Proud of the team tonight.

Aside from paying respects to Turnbull Hutton, tonight was an utterly meaningless game. Hopefully we've dispelled any notions of 3-5-2 for the future.

We're too good for relegation battles. Too shite for promotion playoffs. Aside from our loss tonight, we've been bang on the money in terms of beating teams we need to be beating, but losing to those above us with larger budgets.

Awful performance tonight, easiest hatrick nish will ever score! Mcgurn wouldn't have made a difference the defence was a shambles. Jimmy Scott yet again fecking useless, must have the worst midfield in the league. That performance tonight just highlights yet again how poor Murray is as a manager. Well done Cowdenbeath hopefully enough points to stay up and a well deserved win

Our application tonight was excellent. You don't need to have any ability whatsoever to have some dig and desire - where the hell has this been all season!?

Can't believe I was singing Colin Nish's name :lol: In spite of his three goals (his first was an outstanding finish) his general play was STILL pretty poor but he definitely had the look of a man that wanted to win tonight. The whole team did.

Hope chopper is ok too. That was a dull one to take!

Proud of the team tonight.

Nananana Colin Nish Colin Colin Nish.

I can't believe I was singing it either.If you said you will be singing that soon after the Falkirk Stadium I probably wouldn't believe it but then we are Cowden and anything can happen.

Proud of Cowden tonight.Well done!

P.s Was great hearing the fans singing and getting behind the team tonight

Chopper had double vision so came off.

change in fortunes down to 3 things. Brownlie playing solidly at the back.

robbo back in central midfield where he belongs, he was my man of the match.

3 forwards causing more problems for opponents. Its really 3 4 3 we are playing in attack which changes to more defensive off the ball. mention for young hearts boy who came on 2nd half and did well. Good option to have.

Brilliant result tonight! Where has this Cowden team been all season???

If we keep the momentum going, we can do the business against Livi on Saturday. Of course they'll be going for it now that they have Alloa within reach, and they'll be buoyed by their recent wins, but then so will we :)

Another three goals will do nicely.

That was absolutely awful. All for trying new things but when it's so clear it's not working, we're 2-0 down and there's a double sub waiting to come on, I'm maybe being naive but I'd expect a change to the system...

Aside from anything else Hill isn't mobile enough to play a 3-5-2, and Thomson isn't comfortable enough on the ball.

Booooo. Good luck to Cowden in their quest to stay up - we help every year, you have to say.

Yeah agree with this.

No problem with the change in formation but revert back at half time when it was clearly not working. The fact we took nearly 10 minutes to make a double substitution after they went 2 nil up and that the double sub then turned out to be a classic Murray like for like change was just depressing.

Just when it looks like we've turned a corner it's back to the same old rubbish...

Archived