Final fife derby of the season..

Would have happily aettled for a point tonight but 3 is massive. I think a point on Saturday will be enough but if we win we can get the cigars out while we watch Livi and Alloa play their games in hand. Thankfully our week off comes after the Livi game and we can keep the momentum going.

Colin Nish...fucking legend. When will the highlights be up?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, it's about time our defenders learnt to play without McGurn. These guys should not be turning into shambling oafs every time we have someone else in goals. We must concede at least 3 goals a game on average without him.

That was absolutely awful. All for trying new things but when it's so clear it's not working, we're 2-0 down and there's a double sub waiting to come on, I'm maybe being naive but I'd expect a change to the system...

Aside from anything else Hill isn't mobile enough to play a 3-5-2, and Thomson isn't comfortable enough on the ball.

Booooo. Good luck to Cowden in their quest to stay up - we help every year, you have to say.

Not sure if you're serious or not? Fair do's playing a different system but doing it when the other team has something to play for is a bit much.

The team should have been changed at half time. murray deserves great praise for giving us a tiny glimpse of hope in terms of a late play off push, but he also deserves a lot of critism for getting his game plan completely wrong tonight. Not sure what he was actually thinking??

At half time, dougie should have been taken off, with anderson his replacement. Back to 4-4-2, get the ball wide and get the crosses in. Thomson played horrible as a wing back tonight. He gets forward more when he's in a back 4. The same with McKeown.

All three centre backs looks very suspect as well. Nish had a field day.

Good luck to Cowden. Hope you stay up.

Completely agree with these 2 posts. I'm all for trying new formations and actually said at the start of the game I was happy for him to try it but it clearly was never working. I doubt we'd have trained "all week" for it given we played 4-4-2 on Saturday? I don't think 2 days training with a completely new formation is adequate preparation.

Our wing backs showed tonight they're definitely full backs and that's it and Martin Scott was just god awful. If he and Fox aren't shown the door this summer it'll say a lot for Murray. Vaughan has been doing well by dropping deeper with Stewart pushing on but playing 3 central midfielders tonight meant that area was crowded out and he just looked totally lost. The back 3 and Cuthbert looked out of sync.

Ultimately I'm still in shock that he didn't change it and I think it sums up Murray's problem. Murray lost me months and months ago and its games like tonight, meaningless or not, that shows how inept he is. Yes try new tactics and styles but, when it clearly isn't working, it has to be changed. Bringing on Nade and Moon and keeping the same tactics was going so absolutely nothing. At the end of the day I've paid my money to watch that match by buying a season ticket at the start of the season and I don't expect, and think its fair on us, the players and management to switch off 5 games before the end of the season.

thought he would be a good player for yous.

he was a cracking player when he first arrived, there is something strange around our club the rate that good players turn to shit after a season with us...

Surprised Kevin Moon doesnt start for Raith. Barr looks good and i would have Nade in that starting 11 aswell.

I think that's Moons first appearance in 2015. I could be wrong though.

Barr was the only one who deserved anything near pass marks tonight for the rovers. Cuthbert didn't deserve MotM anyway. Cowden must have only had 3 shots on target and they were all in the back of the net.

Nades far better as an impact sub. 9 times out of 10, he'll come on and either score or set up a goal.. He's useless every time he starts though

:lol: In a meaningless game. Are your games meaningless as well yet after your omnishambles of a season? ^_^

Leave him alone. He reminds me of scrappy doo looking to pick fights with supporters of teams that are bigger and better than his. Let him swing and miss.

Barr was the only one who deserved anything near pass marks tonight for the rovers. Cuthbert didn't deserve MotM anyway. Cowden must have only had 3 shots on target and they were all in the back of the net.

Nades far better as an impact sub. 9 times out of 10, he'll come on and either score or set up a goal.. He's useless every time he starts though

Man of the Match was given to Conroy IIRC?

Behave. Callachan and Vaughan were both good for us tonight. Cuthburt was at fault for 2 goals, Thompson and McKeown didn't look comfortable too used to overlapping and having a man behind them. Conroy posted missing. Scott the same after the first goal. Front 2 were both working hard

PS whoever called Anderson shite during the game should never be allowed to watch football again

Archived