Final fife derby of the season..

Toshney was my MOTM. He ran himself into the ground and put some outstanding challenges in.

Also had a wee giggle when Buchanan crunched into Dougie Hill after trying to shield the ball out of play. Bit of his own medicine. I'd still have him back at us mind you.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toshney was my MOTM. He ran himself into the ground and put some outstanding challenges in.

Also had a wee giggle when Buchanan crunched into Dougie Hill after trying to shield the ball out of play. Bit of his own medicine. I'd still have him back at us mind you.

Eh? How can a man that scores a hat-trick not be MotM?

I don't see any game as meaningless, by the way. So I'm not having that from any Rovers fans.

That was brutal from the team tonight and Murray should quite rightly take pelters for it. He was so proactive with subs in our wee winning run, but at Falkirk and tonight it's back to the usual. Bewildering. Probably an overreaction but I feel a lot of goodwill was lost tonight.

Was so annoyed with tonight's performance that I forgot to post how poignant and fitting the tribute to Turnbull was tonight, I nearly never made the game due to getting home late and my daughter falling asleep in the car on the way down, but despite the game that was to follow, I'm glad I made it in time, and well done to the Cowden fans for starting the applause right after the speaches before we all fell silent. Not sure who the Raith fan was who decided to start knocking out a tune though... :huh:

Eh? How can a man that scores a hat-trick not be MotM?

Because his all round play wasn't as good as others? I'm trying not to take anything away from him, he did the business tonight but I could have scored his 2nd and 3rd goal - it was good play from others that gave him absolute sitters on a plate. His first is a different story - excellent finish.

I thought Nish had a few good touches like when he took out three rovers faking from a throw in and he linked well with buchanan. But he also squandered at least two great chances. Some of the others I thought Barr played him well to quash any potential sniff.

Still MOM for me as he looked busy and involved for 90 mins and was in the places it mattered to net 3 times.

Lots of mentions for most of the rest to be fair.

I like the way buchanan and nish hooked up today as a pair. Shame buchanan didnt get any real chance when he arrived in january or any relegation talk would be long done. Great composure to pick nish out for no 2.

not be surprised if Moon is released and Fox and Scott are offered new contracts.I think for my self I'm not going to buy a season ticket until I see who's staying and who's going! Same this year again champs of the part-time clubs even though we are full-time says it all for me in terms of Murrays ability as a manager,thank god we aren't part-time as I think Murray would lead us into a relegation battle.

I thought Nish had a few good touches like when he took out three rovers faking from a throw in and he linked well with buchanan. But he also squandered at least two great chances. Some of the others I thought Barr played him well to quash any potential sniff.

Still MOM for me as he looked busy and involved for 90 mins and was in the places it mattered to net 3 times.

Lots of mentions for most of the rest to be fair.

I like the way buchanan and nish hooked up today as a pair. Shame buchanan didnt get any real chance when he arrived in january or any relegation talk would be long done. Great composure to pick nish out for no 2.

Nish has been a different player the last two games. Who was the last Cowden player to score a hat-trick ?

Buchanan did well when he came on, chased everything, Hill will vouch for that! Miller wasn't on very long but he almost scored too.

Great performance from all the players.

Nish has been a different player the last two games. Who was the last Cowden player to score a hat-trick ?

Buchanan did well when he came on, chased everything, Hill will vouch for that! Miller wasn't on very long but he almost scored too.

Great performance from all the players.

Greg Stewart scored a hat trick against the mighty Vale of Leithen in the Scottish Cup last season.

League wise I'd guess at Lewis Coult at home to Stirling Albion?

Probably our first away hat trick since Pat Clarke scored 5 against Stranraer.

Big nish could have had a penalty as well. Cannae mind of the last time we had wan!

Sure we are the only team in Scotland who have not had a penalty this season. Wrote about it for the programme a few weeks ago. Think Partick and another side (can't mind who) have not scored a penalty but we're the only to not have been given the chance!

Archived