79th Masters Tournament

Davis Love III

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woods is struggling but ironically his short game is just about keeping his score together. McIlroy will need to pick up a couple of strokes tomorrow as he won't want to be six or seven shots behind Spieth going into the weekend.

Decent rounds by Gallacher and Lyle today. Predictably Bradley Neil struggled.

McGinley and Montgomerie are unbearable to listen to. McGinley is the golfing punditry equivalent of Alan Shearer, he just says what we can see for ourselves on the screen without offering any insight. Montgomerie just 'and uh, and uh, and uhs' his way through commentary, just generally being the prat that he is.

Butch Harmon is the man however, has a real enthusiasm for the game. Although he's cut down on his staring down the camera, guessing they've told him to cut that out, although I always liked it.

Does Sky not have full rights or something? Not really enjoying this chat show format.

Live coverage starts at 8pm.

Augusta National have always limited how much actually get shown on TV. It's only relatively recently (last 20 years or so) that they have actually shown play from the front 9!

McGinley and Montgomerie are unbearable to listen to. McGinley is the golfing punditry equivalent of Alan Shearer, he just says what we can see for ourselves on the screen without offering any insight. Montgomerie just 'and uh, and uh, and uhs' his way through commentary, just generally being the prat that he is.

Butch Harmon is the man however, has a real enthusiasm for the game. Although he's cut down on his staring down the camera, guessing they've told him to cut that out, although I always liked it.

It's all about the stare with Butch. He's some guy.

Unfortunately the actual tournament is in danger of becoming a procession. If Speith breaks 70 tomorrow it's game over.

It's all about the stare with Butch. He's some guy.

Unfortunately the actual tournament is in danger of becoming a procession. If Speith breaks 70 tomorrow it's game over.

He's never been over par at Augusta so it would seem he could run away with it!

Woods, McIlroy and Mickelson all giving it a go but unless Spieth goes into reverse soon it probably won't be enough.

I had a 5er on Johnson to win, cashed out, it's spieths now I think. Put my remaining £3 on McIlroy to win (without Spieth so basically to finish 2nd) returns £25

Think it's spieths, he'd need to have a disaster, if anything it looks like he's just gonna improve

I had a 5er on Johnson to win, cashed out, it's spieths now I think. Put my remaining £3 on McIlroy to win (without Spieth so basically to finish 2nd) returns £25

Think it's spieths, he'd need to have a disaster, if anything it looks like he's just gonna improve

Just three putted the fourth to drop a shot.

Spieth seems to have a steady enough temperament but it's not been fully tested in a situation like this yet. Maybe if a couple of players can get to within 3 or 4 shots today and then put some early pressure on tomorrow he might start to feel the heat.

He is a massive favourite as it stands though and I think he'll win.

Just three putted the fourth to drop a shot.

Spieth seems to have a steady enough temperament but it's not been fully tested in a situation like this yet. Maybe if a couple of players can get to within 3 or 4 shots today and then put some early pressure on tomorrow he might start to feel the heat.

He is a massive favourite as it stands though and I think he'll win.

Just played a shite approach shot there too...

Terrific putt by Speith to get his shot back.

Tiger's drive on 13 was like one of mine.

Some shot to get him out of trouble though, some swerve on it.

Spieth looks fantastic. Thought he was maybe gonna collapse after that bogey then a dodgy approach right after, 3 great putts after to get him back up again. Superb stuff.

Archived