Turning my back on Rangers?

At away games you get the pack mentality and of course the demon drink. That is never a good combination. It pisses me off to see the local stewards and local police doing nothing to stop these idiots. It is almost always one of our stewards that points out the trouble makers. We shouldnt be paying or responsible for policing other clubs grounds!!

In the past i have shouted these idiots down and it usually worked with others joining in to shut the bigots up. Not so sure i would now

Why wouldn't you now?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 3 of us that go home and away to games. I would say we are pretty hardcore...

1 is a Roman Catholic

I am married to an Irish Roman Catholic

And the other is married to a second generation Irish Roman Catholic.

Now i could be just making this up but Tedi has met all three of us.

As for the OP...I would like to echo Forever Blues sentiments also was Rule Britannia not written by a Scot? The bitterness he is expressing is quite breathtaking considering he is the one claiming to be sickened by bitter Nationalist.

The singing of Rule Britannia is moronic.

I'm sickened by Ulster Loyalism, not Nationalism.

Why does it only bother the OP now??? Is it because he can no longer, i'll assume for the first time in his life, bask in watching his team beat the everliving shite out of 90% of the opponents??? This is an argument i regularly end up in with Miss Aggro's family, poor bruised and battered and emotionally-scarred Bears one and all. Yes-voting Bears, as it happens. Happy to bash and shirrick the sectarian aspect, a handy excuse when presented with a lack of worthwhile, shiny pots. Continually greetin and wailing about the embarrasment and shame heaped upon them. Threatening to bugger off and watch the Juniors!! I made sure they won't be frequenting Broadwood that much, if their commitment was so pish. I feel sorry for whoever the OP leeches himself onto. Truly weasel-esque conduct.

What exactly is your point?

You are quite happy to come on here and shout about your bitter Nationalistic views but those who disagree are the ones with the problem. It is OK it is a common trait with many Natzis.

Was it a Scotsman who wrote Rule Britannia??

Why does it only bother the OP now??? Is it because he can no longer, i'll assume for the first time in his life, bask in watching his team beat the everliving shite out of 90% of the opponents??? This is an argument i regularly end up in with Miss Aggro's family, poor bruised and battered and emotionally-scarred Bears one and all. Yes-voting Bears, as it happens. Happy to bash and shirrick the sectarian aspect, a handy excuse when presented with a lack of worthwhile, shiny pots. Continually greetin and wailing about the embarrasment and shame heaped upon them. Threatening to bugger off and watch the Juniors!! I made sure they won't be frequenting Broadwood that much, if their commitment was so pish. I feel sorry for whoever the OP leeches himself onto. Truly weasel-esque conduct.

I wasn't born a middle-aged, set in my ways duffer like yourself. I'm 18 and only recently have I become more aware of Rangers' wider connotations and the political meaning of the songs which are sung every other week at Ibrox.

You are quite happy to come on here and shout about your bitter Nationalistic views but those who disagree are the ones with the problem. It is OK it is a common trait with many Natzis.

Was it a Scotsman who wrote Rule Britannia??

What has that got to do with anything? I'm more concerned about glorifying imperialism and the oppression of indigenous peoples.

Outrageous post.

I wasn't born a middle-aged, set in my ways duffer like yourself. I'm 18 and only recently have I become more aware of Rangers' wider connotations and the political meaning of the songs which are sung every other week at Ibrox.

You stick to your guns, you're the one in the right here. You're getting a lot of stick off bams, don't worry about it.

Now he bites back. Just answer the question. Did the big bad songs and disagreeable flag-waving bother you before February 14, 2012....or did it just not register?? Ignorance is no defence.

I've always thought somebody should start a club in Glasgow called Glasgow City and make it expressly non-religious or political just for folk from Glasgow or with a connection to it. With the size of the city and being football daft it could be quite a big and successful club.

Nice idea but would never catch on in a hurry, there isn't a club in London either claiming to be London city ? I think. Too large an area to encompass all the locals into one umbrella unlike say "Aberdeen FC" oe a "Motherwell" and so on.

You obviously led a sheltered life if it has took you till the age of 18 to understand some of the songs sung by sections of rangers and celtic have political meanings ffs

Archived