Turning my back on Rangers?

Discriminating against home grown talent on the basis that foreigners might be better at football to help your club win matches, yip !, that's the Rangers way "we cannae win everything wi shitty home grown players, let's bring in foreigners just so we can win everything".

Whilst you support foreigners you are actually discriminating against home grown players, well done. :1eye

Discriminating against home grown talent?....... At no point did I say foreigners should be favoured ahead of Scottish players. What I said was nationality should not be a factor. And I stand by that. If a player is good enough and affordable he should be signed regardless of his nationality.

I really don't get why anyone would support a "Scottish workers only" policy in modern society. :(

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But in three short years you have become so enlightened lol.

You still don't see it do you? You are the one showing yourself up to be the bigot. You are the one letting your twisted political views sway how you live your life.

There are at least two Rangers posters on here who voted for the Natzis. I don't hold it against them at all. They are entitled to their own personal political views no matter how much I disagree with them. I am sure they don't hold my political views against me. We don't let it get in the way we lead our life's or sway what football club we support.

You do realise that nearly 2/3rds of the country did not vote for independence ? Glasgow was one of only 4 constituencies that actually did vote Yes. No matter who you choose to support the chances are you will be surrounded by unionists.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is 54% percent of the vote a 85% swing in favour of a new board ?, how did you work out that 54% percent is the same or even near as much as 66% ?, your 12% out which is 2% over a tenth. In fact it works out just over 50% which is over half but nowhere near 2 thirds.

Rangers fans and counting fingers for factual figures these days. :lol:

let me assure our next title whenever it happens is going to be the sweetest one yet from a Rangers supporters point of view.

There's the difference FB, right there.

Our St Johnstone friend had no idea whether or not he'd ever see his team win a major trophy. Indeed, generations of the club's fans lived and died without ever seeing such a thing.

Despite everything that's happened with your club however, you feel certain that they'll win another title some time. And you know what, I bet you're right.

That's why you can't grasp how the St Johnstone fan felt.

Discriminating against home grown talent?....... At no point did I say foreigners should be favoured ahead of Scottish players. What I said was nationality should not be a factor. And I stand by that. If a player is good enough and affordable he should be signed regardless of his nationality.

I really don't get why anyone would support a "Scottish workers only" policy in modern society. :(

I'd advocate for foreigners to play in our leagues if there wasn't enough home grown players to fill the league. :P

The Bosman ruling is not related to movement on the eight diddies rule.

Quite right MT, it was all about lengthy contracts and stopping players who wanted to move to other clubs. Bosman refused to play for his club and the club refused to allow him out of his lengthy contract. Hence the Bosman ruling and contract lengths no more than 5 years.

There's the difference FB, right there.

Our St Johnstone friend had no idea whether or not he'd ever see his team win a major trophy. Indeed, generations of the club's fans lived and died without ever seeing such a thing.

Despite everything that's happened with your club however, you feel certain that they'll win another title some time. And you know what, I bet you're right.

That's why you can't grasp how the St Johnstone fan felt.

Hence why I compared it to us and celtics European campaigns and there you have a similar feeling

DG, you walk away from Rangers and you will not regret it. Your heart's already not in it, we know that. It's time to look elsewhere.

Let me tell you this. Fans of all diddy clubs are blessed with the fact that achieving something will feel far more powerful than what the Old Firm achieve. These moments come few and far between, but these are special moments. It's not like the kiddy on happiness of Old Firm fans winning an armful of trophies every season.

Supporting a diddy team presents the opportunity to truly celebrate success.

Saints winning the Scottish Cup was probably the best day of my life, or at least one of. You'll be hard pushed to find an Old Firm fan who thinks lifting the Scottish Cup was the best day of theirs.

This is very true, in 1994 when Dundee Utd won the Scottish Cup I saw grown men in floods of tears, it meant soooooooooo much more than anything Rangers have ever won.

The Bosman ruling is not related to movement on the eight diddies rule.

It was entirely counter-productive. In the early days of the Champions League, clubs took the 3FR on the chin....second rate players like Stefano Eranio and Daniel Massaro picked up medals which would probably have gone to Dejan Savicevic or Jean Pierre Papin had Milan had their way, but it was the anullment of JMB's contract, upon being deemed illegal and unconstitutional under EEC employment law, which had never been challenged before, from where the restriction on movement of labour was foisted upon Uefa to deal with due to being judged unlawful. There was no room for movement and in the immediate season, the likes of Machester Utd no longer had to leave out two of Irwin, Cantona, Keane, McClair or Schmeichel like the year before. Add Hughes and Kanchelskis to that, and suddenly half a team was previously unavailable. On the judicial side, sportsmen had never really been considered 'employees' until that point, indeed they were effectively slaves until Jimmy Hill led the movement which succeeded in having the maximum earnings abolished in 1963 or 64. Uefa's difficulty was in non EEC passport holders within the common market (eg Hristo Stoichkov, Florin Raducioiu, Robert Prosinecki to name three) utilising the same entitlements as their peers, so dropped the term 'foreigners' and in many cases countries adopted a maximum on number of such players on the books or in matchday squads. Without Bosman, the rest simply just couldn't have happened because the clubs were pissed off about it. Unless someone else came along.

You still don't see it do you? You are the one showing yourself up to be the bigot. You are the one letting your twisted political views sway how you live your life.

There are at least two Rangers posters on here who voted for the Natzis. I don't hold it against them at all. They are entitled to their own personal political views no matter how much I disagree with them. I am sure they don't hold my political views against me. We don't let it get in the way we lead our life's or sway what football club we support.

You do realise that nearly 2/3rds of the country did not vote for independence ? Glasgow was one of only 4 constituencies that actually did vote Yes. No matter who you choose to support the chances are you will be surrounded by unionists.

I find that very hard to believe.

People voted No due to the perceived financial implications a Yes vote would have on their lives. Not because 2/3rds of Scotland are of the "defend the union" ilk.

Well you'd be wrong.

I'm an Internationalist.

Did I vote No? I sure did, so you were at least correct about that part.

That doesn't even make sense. You can be a nationalist and an internationalist. You are a British nationalist no voter.

That doesn't even make sense. You can be a nationalist and an internationalist. You are a British nationalist no voter.

I'm not a Nationalist.

May I ask what proof you have to back up your assumption because there's only two things you've learned about me in our discussion. 1) I don't believe a Scottish team should ever have a "Scottish players only" signing policy. 2) I voted No in the independence referendum.

None of those things make me a "British Nationalist".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is 54% percent of the vote a 85% swing in favour of a new board ?, how did you work out that 54% percent is the same or even near as much as 66% ?, your 12% out which is 2% over a tenth. In fact it works out just over 50% which is over half but nowhere near 2 thirds.

Rangers fans and counting fingers for factual figures these days. :lol:

Oh dear. Only 38% of the electorate voted for independence. That means 62% of the electorate didn't. Imo 62% is nearly 2/3rds of the electorate. HTH

Archived