Turning my back on Rangers?

I've always thought somebody should start a club in Glasgow called Glasgow City and make it expressly non-religious or political just for folk from Glasgow or with a connection to it. With the size of the city and being football daft it could be quite a big and successful club.

Also would like to see a team like Aberdeen do a Bilbao and announce from now on they will only be playing Scottish players, ie players eligible to play for Scotland.

Oh god could you imagine it , would be filled with all the trendy hipsters with their chinos and beards and Glasgow uni accent following the Glasgow city fc ...... Oh no wait have I just described firhill?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a woeful idea.

To discriminate against a player simply because of their nationality would be wrong.

Sounds like you've been brainwashed by Scottish Nationalism.

There's a big world out there, embrace it. :)

If clubs sign the best players they possibly can, regardless of nationality, the Scottish players at that particular team would benefit from playing alongside those players.

Really ? :lol: well that's one interpretation you put forward isn't it.

Firstly before the signing of foreign players at club level was the European competitions to show which country could win the competition to boast and brag which country had the best footballers and footballing squad in Europe.

Some of the bigger league clubs seen better players than they had in the form of the smaller league clubs and so the 3 foreigner rule came into being so that bigger clubs could steal the best players from another league so they could strengthen the squad and easily bribe these smaller clubs and better players with money. It was unfair to the smaller clubs and leagues to lose their best players because the bigger clubs could throw money at them depleting the smaller clubs squad strength and depth in any further European competitions.

Then came the abolishment of the three foreigner rule, for what reason you may ask ?. So that the biggest clubs in Europe could buy or lure the best players from any club to strengthen their club and effectively their leagues so they could demand more sponsorship money because their league now has more quality players more sponsorship to take all the best players from any league making these smaller leagues even more less competitive at the big table. Doesn't what the EPL do to our league show how bad this business model is for Scottish football as a whole ???

And also FYI !, Rangers were the first ever club in Europe to field a starting 11 without a home grown or national player at the kick off, not one Scot was in the starting 11. And they wanted call to call themselves a Scottish/British club FFS.

Now in the future get ready to see any international player outside Europe being allowed to sign for any club in Europe without international clearance and the unfairness of the bigger leagues financial clout will then lower South American footballs standards.

Just so it sinks into you deluded head ya nutter. If the practice of signing any foreign player was abolished Scottish football would be as strong as any other European league because all our best players for the national team would be playing in our leagues. Maybe it was first exciting to see the Laudrups & Gascoignes and Larssson's and so on, the practice of foreigners in the leagues has done nothing but eventually benefit the the big clubs from the big leagues and why we have a shitty competitive league.

Football in Europe used to be about which country could produce the best players and squad to boast and brag about.

I see the resident blue bigots having a pop at the OP because the OP doesn't like the residents bears right to be complete fuckwits at a football match with traditions that have fcuk all to do with the sport of football.

Surprise surprise.

Well, discriminating against foreigners is wrong.

Are you a Nationalist Yes supporter?

No need to respond, I already know the answer.

Discriminating against home grown talent on the basis that foreigners might be better at football to help your club win matches, yip !, that's the Rangers way "we cannae win everything wi shitty home grown players, let's bring in foreigners just so we can win everything".

Whilst you support foreigners you are actually discriminating against home grown players, well done. :1eye

DG, you walk away from Rangers and you will not regret it. Your heart's already not in it, we know that. It's time to look elsewhere.

Let me tell you this. Fans of all diddy clubs are blessed with the fact that achieving something will feel far more powerful than what the Old Firm achieve. These moments come few and far between, but these are special moments. It's not like the kiddy on happiness of Old Firm fans winning an armful of trophies every season.

Supporting a diddy team presents the opportunity to truly celebrate success.

Saints winning the Scottish Cup was probably the best day of my life, or at least one of. You'll be hard pushed to find an Old Firm fan who thinks lifting the Scottish Cup was the best day of theirs.

You obviously led a sheltered life if it has took you till the age of 18 to understand some of the songs sung by sections of rangers and celtic have political meanings ffs

Clearly I was devoid of the pleasure which comes from being raised among Glasgow's finest bigots, unlike your good self.

You're talking bollocks HB. Jean-Marc Bosman's tribunal laid the foundation for the abolition of the 3FR due to restriction of movement for employees through the-then EEC. The clubs had nothing to do with it. In fact, Celtic were involved in one of the first high-profile cases trying to get cash for John Collins from Monaco. It seemed it wasn't a problem to fill thecteam with plenty cheap imports themselves thereafter......

Now he bites back. Just answer the question. Did the big bad songs and disagreeable flag-waving bother you before February 14, 2012....or did it just not register?? Ignorance is no defence.

It absolutely did. The continued mismanagement of the club and seemingly unwavering bigotry and arrogance exuded from the Rangers support only cultivated my feelings.

DG, you walk away from Rangers and you will not regret it. Your heart's already not in it, we know that. It's time to look elsewhere.

Let me tell you this. Fans of all diddy clubs are blessed with the fact that achieving something will feel far more powerful than what the Old Firm achieve. These moments come few and far between, but these are special moments. It's not like the kiddy on happiness of Old Firm fans winning an armful of trophies every season.

Saints winning the Scottish Cup was probably the best day of my life, or at least one of. You'll be hard pushed to find an Old Firm fan who thinks lifting the Scottish Cup was the best day of theirs.

Bit of a stupid argument that one.

Not really , my feeling when reaching the uefa cup final probably matched that of yours winning the Scottish cup . Celtic fans probably the same when they look back at Seville and also let me assure our next title whenever it happens is going to be the sweetest one yet from a Rangers supporters point of view.

So, DG, if the club were managed in a manner you deem 'proper', and were still shooting fish in barrels, you'd get all excited still supporting the winning team, but have minor reservations sbout the dicks you'd be celebrating with??? Nae bother.

So if the club were managed in a manner you deem 'proper', and were still shooting fish in barrels, you'd get all excited still supporting the winning team, but have minor reservations sbout the dicks you'd be celebrating with??? Nae bother.

If the club hadn't treated local business with disdain and spunked tens of millions of pounds on knackered plodders to win the bottom division in Scotland, I may be slightly less disenfranchised.

Only slightly though.

Believe it or not, most 15 year olds haven't the faintest clue who Bobby Sands is, or what relevance the Pope has to Scottish football.

Well you obviously knew they were not singing about football , why has it can as such a shock to you all of a sudden

You're talking bollocks HB. Jean-Marc Bosman's tribunal laid the foundation for the abolition of the 3FR due to restriction of movement for employees through the-then EEC. The clubs had nothing to do with it. In fact, Celtic were involved in one of the first high-profile cases trying to get cash for John Collins from Monaco. It seemed it wasn't a problem to fill thecteam with plenty cheap imports themselves thereafter......

Wasn't Bosman tied up with a ludicrous contract length stopping him from joining another club he couldn't get out of ?, and yes the 3 foreigner rule did dissipate with new European ruling on the freedom of movement of people within Europe. The two are separate.

I was trying to show the Pundit how bad this abolition or the 3 foreigner rule has been for the Scottish game and how it has fucked over many a small countries leagues to the betterment of the bigger leagues.

And unfortunately you are quite right about Celtic filling the squad with cheap imports, I'd had hoped we'd have more home grown talent in the squad than foreigners.

So, DG, if the club were managed in a manner you deem 'proper', and were still shooting fish in barrels, you'd get all excited still supporting the winning team, but have minor reservations sbout the dicks you'd be celebrating with??? Nae bother.

Of course he will be back when we have a chance to beat celtic or our next major cup final / European tie , he was probably scrambling for a ticket at Hamden a few weeks back for the Semi game v celtic

So what on earth did you think songs which mentioned the pope, the queen , the IRA or Bobby sands was about ?

I'll tell you what I do know FB, they have fcuk all to do with football for a start. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, most 15 year olds haven't the faintest clue who Bobby Sands is, or what relevance the Pope has to Scottish football.

But in three short years you have become so enlightened lol.

You still don't see it do you? You are the one showing yourself up to be the bigot. You are the one letting your twisted political views sway how you live your life.

There are at least two Rangers posters on here who voted for the Natzis. I don't hold it against them at all. They are entitled to their own personal political views no matter how much I disagree with them. I am sure they don't hold my political views against me. We don't let it get in the way we lead our life's or sway what football club we support.

You do realise that nearly 2/3rds of the country did not vote for independence ? Glasgow was one of only 4 constituencies that actually did vote Yes. No matter who you choose to support the chances are you will be surrounded by unionists.

Archived