Alloa Athletic vs Queen of the South 18/04/15

Any pre-match thoughts ahead of this one?

I always view Alloa as one of the tougher venues in the division, we seem to draw an awful lot up there, although I think SD pointed out in the past that our record against them isn't anything like as bad as people seem to think. Considering the match means an awful lot more to them than it does to us I'm a bit concerned we might drop points. I'm sure Fowler has been drumming it into the players all week that it still isn't "job done" regarding the playoffs, but in all likelihood if we don't seal it this weekend, we will next when we host a Dumbarton side with nothing to play for. The players will have this at the back of their mind regardless of what the manager is telling them.

No need to risk anyone who is carrying a knock, but equally no need for massive changes either thus risking losing momentum. Based on the assumption that Kidd is injured and Russell and Millar are fully recovered I'd go with -

Clark

Hooper Dowie Higgins Holt

Carmichael Millar McKenna Russell

Lyle Reilly

Paton doesn't do it for me on the left-wing I'm afraid. His best position is behind the strikers when we play a midfield 5, although Carmichael's performance against The Rangers in that role would suggest Paton isn't even first choice in that role. Millar was excellent when he came on against Falkirk. His ball retention was far better than McShane who seems to switch off too often, making too many slack passes and lazy decisions.

If Kidd and Durnan are both fit I'd probably return to the back 3 system as the extra man in midfield allows us to dominate that area better. It was an area we lost out in badly against Falkirk, although I accept that tiredness was a massive factor in this. Those two would come in at the expense of Hooper and Russell.

Going to go for a 1-1 draw.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be a nervous weekend. With cowden not playing this weekend its an opportunity to put ourselves back into 8th and put the relegation battle into our hands. Its always hard against queens though.

The result last week will hopefully have brought coincidence into the side and Danny Lennon will know what he wants thus Saturday.

I'd start with the same team as last week and bring Greg Spence on at half time.

Bit of a dilemma from myself, in that I don't want Alloa to go down. I despise Cowdenbeath, and their shambolic hellhole excuse of a stadium. I really want them relegated, but I don't want queens to drop points to anyone. To rid ourselves of them, we'll probably have to win the playoffs. Take a draw here right now, which in sure Alloa will be happy with.

Due to our inferior goal difference with Livingston and being 2 points behind Cowdenbeath, we really need to go for the win here. Had we been sitting on 24 points instead of 23, then a point would be okay.

Feel free to keep Russell on the bench, always seems to do well against us. As has been said, 4th place is wrapped up now anyway so to keep the Indo as one of your probable away games next season please use Dumbarton and Livingston (especially) to gather momentum instead.

Bit of a dilemma from myself, in that I don't want Alloa to go down. I despise Cowdenbeath, and their shambolic hellhole excuse of a stadium. I really want them relegated, but I don't want queens to drop points to anyone. To rid ourselves of them, we'll probably have to win the playoffs. Take a draw here right now, which in sure Alloa will be happy with.

Glad we upset you so much. Keep seething.

You obviously don't get around much. Can't say anything bad about Queens, I like them.

But you are a dick.

I've been to all league grounds in the country, with the exception of 2. I'm perfectly entitled to form an opinion, which I stand by.

As for the last sentence, not the first and certainly not the last time I'll hear that.

I've been to all league grounds in the country, with the exception of 2. I'm perfectly entitled to form an opinion, which I stand by.As for the last sentence, not the first and certainly not the last time I'll hear that.

You are a dick.

Sorry. Couldnae stop masel.

You obviously don't get around much. Can't say anything bad about Queens, I like them.

But you are a dick.

I can say a lot of bad things about cowden, I don't really like them.

But you are also a dick.

But you are a dick.

You Cowden lads are good football people with an obvious passion for your club and I like that . Don't let one Queens fans view of your ground make you turn against us .

I quite like the utter shiteness of Central Park, I want Alloa down as they are just frustrating to play against, it's always cold there and I put money on it at the start of the season.

But to get this thread in order. That Stephen Simmons is a bit pish isn't he? :P

Archived