Alloa Athletic vs Queen of the South 18/04/15

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very close game today. Draw a fair result. Summed up our season, frankly - I can't think of a close game in which we've had the rub of the green and managed a win. Passing accuracy was mixed and cost us in the end.

Finnie was useless today and threw cards around to Alloa players early on for nothing, leaving him nowhere to go when Queens players deserved a booking. Five yellows to one is a shocking record for that game, and I'm pretty sure Millar would have stayed on if he'd tried his wee butt earlier in the game.

That's probably the most useless point we've picked up this season; the likelihood is that it won't make a difference. Unless we can get a result against Hibs, we'll need to beat Cowden on the final day, and I don't see us finishing about Livi without something in Edinburgh either. The good news is that I think we've got a wee chance of getting a point; here's hoping.

While i thought a draw was a fair result i cant believe that neither the linesman or the referee didnt give Danny Carmichael a foul after he seemed to be foued 2/3 times whilst going on a mazy run.

Alloa broke away and scored through Buchanan - Durnan should have shown him outside on to his weaker left foot but great play nonetheless.

For us Danny Carmichael was absolutely outstanding.

We didnt do enough to win the game and if Millar committed a headbutt then he had to go. Once again though the perpetrator of a bad late tackle gets away with the lesser penalty whereas the player fouled who loses his cool gets double the penalty.i am not condoning the headbutt for a minute but the rules have an obsession to punish retaliation but the real trigger - the really bad or dangerous challenge gets an unequal punishment.

Not the result either side wanted - for us we have to take care of business next week as Iwouldnt want to have to go to Livvy needing a point.

We didnt do enough to win the game and if Millar committed a headbutt then he had to go. Once again though the perpetrator of a bad late tackle gets away with the lesser penalty whereas the player fouled who loses his cool gets double the penalty.i am not condoning the headbutt for a minute but the rules have an obsession to punish retaliation but the real trigger - the really bad or dangerous challenge gets an unequal punishment.

Not sure what your point is with that - are you saying that Millar shouldn't have got a red for headbutting another player, or that Doyle should've had a red for something so minor that I can't even remember it, despite it happening right in front of me?

Not sure what your point is with that - are you saying that Millar shouldn't have got a red for headbutting another player, or that Doyle should've had a red for something so minor that I can't even remember it, despite it happening right in front of me?

Headbut - he has to go; too far away and into the sun for me to see. However, that tackle was so late, it would have been handy in your next home game. I guess you didn't see it because like most people you were looking at the ball which was about 20 yards away.

Thought a draw was fair. Good headed goal from what should have been a goal kick ( so some decisions did go for you) Buchanan's goal was well taken too but again Carmichael - who was the best player on the park - should have had a foul 60 yards from the. QOS goal in the build up.

Would have been brilliant for us if young Smith's diving header had gone in at the end.

Good luck Alloa in your last games.

I didnt see the headbutt - I am taking the consensus from those nearer the incident.

My general point is that i continually see incidents where a player commits a very bad challenge and gets booked and the retaliator sometimes does very little (pushes a player or handbags) and gets sent off.

I dont know how bad Doyles challenge was - when the term headbutt is used it sounds severe - on many occasions there is no contact and two players come together with heads barely touching. Was there a headbutt? If so he deserves to go but I would also like to see how bad the challenge was ha prompted it?

If as you suggest it was a nothing challenge then Millar deserves his punishment.

Very close game today. Draw a fair result. Summed up our season, frankly - I can't think of a close game in which we've had the rub of the green and managed a win. Passing accuracy was mixed and cost us in the end.

Finnie was useless today and threw cards around to Alloa players early on for nothing, leaving him nowhere to go when Queens players deserved a booking. Five yellows to one is a shocking record for that game, and I'm pretty sure Millar would have stayed on if he'd tried his wee butt earlier in the game.

That's probably the most useless point we've picked up this season; the likelihood is that it won't make a difference. Unless we can get a result against Hibs, we'll need to beat Cowden on the final day, and I don't see us finishing about Livi without something in Edinburgh either. The good news is that I think we've got a wee chance of getting a point; here's hoping.

Finnie was indeed useless. Im struggling to think of any bookings that werent justified though. Meggat was maybe a bit unlucky, in that I dont think he actually tried to bring Reilly down, but he did and was always going to get booked for stopping the break. Holmes was told to shut up at least twice and didnt. Benedictus was booked for conceding the pen and Asghar for the, ridiculously, late challenge on Millar. Durnan, on another day, probably gets away with his. But he did clatter into the man

The "non" foul on Carmichael was the worst decision of the day, by far, and right in front of the linesman.

ETA - sorry, it was Boyle that was booked for the challenge on Millar. Dont remember Asghars one then, must have been really late on

Officials were shocking today and cost us both goals, first was never a corner a as for the second it was as clear a foul on Danny as you're likely to see and only a yard in front of the assistant.

I think a few of our players were already thinking of the summer hold in the sun. Young Gav looks miles away from his early season sharpness. Dowie wasn't his normal assured self, Durnan and Higgy looked a little ropey and Holty must have been wondering what to pack in his suitcase. As for Paton, if he's been playing for a contract the decision will have been made today.

There's no excuse for what Millar did and he'll spend the next two games in the stand which will leave us with few options in midfield.

Another point nearer our goal of the play offs and hopefully we can finish things off next week.

Draw a fair result . Bad goals we lost must stop the gifts

Miller gave the fans in the stand the fingers as he was sent off . Am sure a club fine coming his way am sure

One game at a time now for Hibs

Have had a good enough look at Mark Millar now . His physical condition reminds me of Dobbie in that he looks like he is always carrying a bit extra baggage . You just could not imagine this guy busting a gut - no pun intended - in training ever and has a casual approach to the game ( when the red mist is not coming down anyway) On the other hand, his touch on the ball and vision are amongst the best in this league . Like the way he is prepared to get a quick shot off at goal . Talented but with a fair share of flaws. Finally , a fair draw but I missed both Alloa goals .

Queens were very flat first half. Alloa were definitely more up for it.

Even when we went 2-1 up I felt we would need 3 to be sure, and so it transpired.

Ref. was shocking ( for both teams )

A decent high tempo game with both teams putting together some really quick and clever moves. The one straight after our equaliser where we played 3 one-twos down the left before finding Buchanan in the centre only for him to slice it high and wide was excellent, although ultimately so frustrating.

A win today would've been huge but a draw wasn't much use to us, probably more appreciated by the other two relegation threatened teams. We'll probably be in 10th position going into the final day, whether on points or by goal difference. As a few of us pointed out at the time, those two points dropped in the final minute to Livi recently seem like they're going to prove crucial unfortunately.

The game followed the same path of our recent 2-2 draw at Ibrox with a Ben Gordon header putting us in the lead, two quickfire goals putting us behind, then Buchanan scoring our equaliser.

Mr X - I'm pretty sure Asghar was booked for attempting, and failing, to wipe out Carmichael on the halfway line. He didn't get his booking at the time due to play being waved on with Queens on the attack. Play didn't come to a halt again until we had a free-kick ourselves back in the Queens half a considerable amount of time later.

Zander Clark was absolutely livid as he came off the pitch and spent a good wee while shouting at the Alloa supporters behind the goal as he walked towards the dressing room. He was swearing and kept on saying he wanted to meet them outside.

The first half wasn't too hot at all but the second was one of the most entertaining I've seen this season, particularly at the end. Alloa were the better of the two sides but just couldn't convert their good play into something tangible.

I stood down at the front close to Danny Lennon's technical area and he was great value. Some of the home fans though, dearie me, accusing Danny Carmichael of cheating to win the penalty. No chance!

Zander Clark was absolutely livid as he came off the pitch and spent a good wee while shouting at the Alloa supporters behind the goal as he walked towards the dressing room. He was swearing and kept on saying he wanted to meet them outside.

Aye, that was bizarre. Can't say I noticed him getting unusual pelters, so God knows what that was about. Had no idea he was such a precious wee flower.

While i thought a draw was a fair result i cant believe that neither the linesman or the referee didnt give Danny Carmichael a foul after he seemed to be foued 2/3 times whilst going on a mazy run.

Alloa broke away and scored through Buchanan - Durnan should have shown him outside on to his weaker left foot but great play nonetheless.

For us Danny Carmichael was absolutely outstanding.

Not the result either side wanted - for us we have to take care of business next week as Iwouldnt want to have to go to Livvy needing a point.

Probably played on thinking dived again like he did for the penalty and we went on to score. You reap what you sow when you send players out to cheat. Carmichael is a good player but needs to cut out the diving to make it.

The big guy bites really easily, can't even mind what was shouted at him but he lost the plot. A very amusing end to a good game.

A fair result, but it would be nice to sneak a winner in one of these close games for a change. Bring on the Hibees!!

Archived