Alloa Athletic vs Queen of the South 18/04/15

Well, apart from being so late I wasnt sure if it was late for this week or early for next. You cant react like that though and Millar has given himself a seat in the stand until the playoffs, presuming we get there.

Yeh, and even more than most players ,he needs to be playing regularly to get match sharp, so sitting out for a couple of weeks will not do us or him any good.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draw fair result but how do you play on that pitch!

Five yard passes were bobbling and so hard it bounces head height.

Is the pitch not watered before games?

Anyway as said that ref worst we've encountered all season. Terrible for both sides where did all them cards come from.

Paton does a great invisible act was he actually playing!

Good luck to Alloa on staying up enjoyed the trip on a lovely sunny day.

Ahh it's not an alloa thread until someone mentions the pitch. Just read one of our other match threads where at least one person jumps on the bandwagon with this question.

Ahh it's not an alloa thread until someone mentions the pitch. Just read one of our other match threads where at least one person jumps on the bandwagon with this question.

The pitch isn't an excuse for Queens not winning they weren't good enough on the day.

However pitch did influence game.

The pitch is poor and would have said so regardless of score . The thing is though that Alloa will have players it doesn't suit either.

Exactly the pitch is poor for both teams and it gives a bad name for 3G pitches generally.

Well, apart from being so late I wasnt sure if it was late for this week or early for next. You cant react like that though and Millar has given himself a seat in the stand until the playoffs, presuming we get there.

It was indeed late but he was more trying to block the clearance. It was right in front of me and my gut feel was that he wouldn't get a yellow for it.

Have had a good enough look at Mark Millar now . His physical condition reminds me of Dobbie in that he looks like he is always carrying a bit extra baggage . You just could not imagine this guy busting a gut - no pun intended - in training ever and has a casual approach to the game ( when the red mist is not coming down anyway) On the other hand, his touch on the ball and vision are amongst the best in this league . Like the way he is prepared to get a quick shot off at goal . Talented but with a fair share of flaws. Finally , a fair draw but I missed both Alloa goals .

It can be exclusively revealed that your magic bladder played a key part in Alloa's success yesterday. Good job that Jock and I chained you to the railings for the final few minutes! :lol:

Probably played on thinking dived again like he did for the penalty and we went on to score. You reap what you sow when you send players out to cheat. Carmichael is a good player but needs to cut out the diving to make it.

Nah! Russell is the taller guy on the other wing; the guy who was bundled over in a scoring position as soon as he came on. That's the guy with the reputation.

I haven't seen Carmichael win a pen before (home or away). He is not a diver. I was 3 yards from the mazey dribble and the third challenge was IMHO a foul. We have had hardly any penalty awards in the last (insert number here) years.

Still a good finish by Buchanan though.

It can be exclusively revealed that your magic bladder played a key part in Alloa's success yesterday. Good job that Jock and I chained you to the railings for the final few minutes! :lol:

Like it Tam.-------- As you say , we got a cracking view of the Wasp players chopping at Danny Carmichael

Nah! Russell is the taller guy on the other wing; the guy who was bundled over in a scoring position as soon as he came on. That's the guy with the reputation.

I haven't seen Carmichael win a pen before (home or away). He is not a diver. I was 3 yards from the mazey dribble and the third challenge was IMHO a foul. We have had hardly any penalty awards in the last (insert number here) years.

Still a good finish by Buchanan though.

Fair enough. I was a bit drunk when posting last night so my views then might have been skewed.

I thought the pitch was pretty poor too - every time the ball bounced, whoever came to meet seemed really unsure of where it was going to go, they looked terrified.

And while Danny Carmichael had a good game, I thought the best player on the pitch was Michael Doyle. He was excellent motoring up and down the right. I don't think Kevin Holt or Iain Russell got past him once and he was always available to take the ball on when an attack presented itself.

We were poor down the left all day. Holt had a very shaky afternoon, and as previously mentioned Paton was anonymous. Russell wasn't really on for long enough to make an impact so criticism of him is a bit harsh.

We were having so much joy down the right with Carmichael so I don't know if that was a factor in us neglecting the other side? Millar's goal did come from the left wing.

That was my first time at Alloa and the pitch was indeed shit. As was the referee. I'm still struggling to believe he halted play to complain to the stewards about some comments from the crowd, what a precious arsehole! Surely that is unprecedented behaviour? The stewards had certainly never seen anything like it before and were just as confused/amused as the fans.

We were poor down the left all day. Holt had a very shaky afternoon, and as previously mentioned Paton was anonymous. Russell wasn't really on for long enough to make an impact so criticism of him is a bit harsh.

We were having so much joy down the right with Carmichael so I don't know if that was a factor in us neglecting the other side? Millar's goal did come from the left wing.

That was my first time at Alloa and the pitch was indeed shit. As was the referee. I'm still struggling to believe he halted play to complain to the stewards about some comments from the crowd, what a precious arsehole! Surely that is unprecedented behaviour? The stewards had certainly never seen anything like it before and were just as confused/amused as the fans.

Wow. I had assumed someone had thrown something. Surely there must have been more than just some fruity comments. :lol:

As others have said a draw was a very fair result. Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but Alloa No5 (Meggatt?) who had been booked could easily have got a 2nd yellow for a cynical challenge as we broke 2nd half but no worries again as the ref didn`t even give a foul to the obvious astonishment of the Alloa player who rightly just laughed as play carried on. Ref was awful for both sides, though he did get Millar`s red card spot on. Stupid.

I'm still struggling to believe he halted play to complain to the stewards about some comments from the crowd, what a precious arsehole! Surely that is unprecedented behaviour?

It was our club secretary he made a point of talking to when he came over. An odd one.

Nothing particularly out of the ordinary for a football match. If anything the Alloa goalkeeper was getting worse.

The stewards passed on a message that if there were any more comments the referee would abandon the match. This of course lead to a more widespread chant of "the referee's a w****r". Surprisingly enough the referee allowed play to continue on that occasion.

A very bizarre episode.

Archived