Scottish Cup Final 2015 - Falkirk Vs ICT

Where would you suggest? Was it not the west stand we were in for the semi?

I would suggest the North stand.

I watched the semi from the South stand, I've no idea where you watched it from.

If it was the corner next to the Hibs fans then yes, that was the West stand

What are ICT's fans views on us? Be interested in what you are expecting from us.

Similar to your games this season v Hibs - you'll score from a cross/set piece (our current weakness). My hope is that the Hampden pitch will be in tip top condition, lending well to our sublime passing game. If that is the case, then I can see us using our pace and movement to drag defenders out of position to create a good few real chances.

Every now and again I get carried away thinking that we are by far the better team, but a quick look at your results against others this season suggests we are in for a tough game. My confidence would be much higher if we had Brill and Warren available as well.

What are ICT's fans views on us? Be interested in what you are expecting from us.

Seen falkirk play against hibs earlier this season (david mccracken late winner?)

Was quite impressed with sibbald and vaulks

think the final will be a tight game with either team nicking it by a goal

my falkirk supporting mate really doesn't rate mcdonald, is he the only one or do a lot of fans not like him?

Guest Back Post Misses

Seen falkirk play against hibs earlier this season (david mccracken late winner?)

Was quite impressed with sibbald and vaulks

think the final will be a tight game with either team nicking it by a goal

my falkirk supporting mate really doesn't rate mcdonald, is he the only one or do a lot of fans not like him?

Too many Falkirk fans still pine for McGovern. Whoever came in would have struggled to live up to the love in with him.

The reality he has been excellent in the last couple of months. More than capable keeper.

I'm shitting myself. We're obviously better than Falkirk (that's not aimed as a dig by the way) but it's a one-off game at a neutral venue.

I expect the game to be a wee bit similar to the Falkirk Hibs semi with us having a lot more of the ball than Falkirk. Although I expect us to carve out some better chances than Hibs and hopefully we can finish them off. However, I expect Falkirk will be looking to create a bit more than they did in that semi and expect them to score from a set piece as we look vulnerable there recently and it will only get worse with Warren suspended.

Been impressed with Sibbald when I've seen him. I fear an inspire Jamie MacDonald performance as he has had a number of great displays against us.

I would suggest the North stand.

I watched the semi from the South stand, I've no idea where you watched it from.

If it was the corner next to the Hibs fans then yes, that was the West stand

As a proud glory hunter I can't get a ticket till Monday. So I'd recommend everyone goes for West Stand tickets until then.

Guest Back Post Misses

I'm shitting myself. We're obviously better than Falkirk (that's not aimed as a dig by the way) but it's a one-off game at a neutral venue.

I actually think the gulf between the Premiership and the top 5 or 6 in the Championship is the smallest it has ever been. Take Celtic out the mix and possibly Aberdeen I don't think any of the Championship sides would really fear anyone else. I would suggest even that this season's Hearts side would have been top 4 in the Premiership.

That aside our biggest problem could be players available. Loy still not fit but expected to play and both Kerr and Baird are suspended.

Everyone used to cream themselves over Hughes's Falkirk side and how they could pass the ball, much as ICT are now getting the same praise. Too often at Falkirk though there was no end product.

Houston will have us well set up with the players knowing their job IMO. He will know your weaknesses already and will be working on them for sure.

Our record against ICT should not be ignored. I don't care if the players now involved have never played each other, your 1 in 4 win ratio against us is poor.

I also suspect we will out numbers you in the stands significantly.

We are still big underdogs with I think pace being your biggest threat. Sibbald has now scored three winners in this years cup. He has been the golden child at the club since he was about 13 when everyone talked about how good he was. This season he is delivering.

Interesting times.

Guest Back Post Misses

Any cup final songs been recorded?

not as such but this was done before the semi

a local band rehashed their 2009 effort too

how many are inverness expecting to take to this? surely the glory hunters and day trippers will come out for this one?

I believe our attendance at the league cup final was ~8,000. I would expect around 50% increase on that to around 12,000 hopefully nearer or exceeding the 15,000 mark. There is definitely more interest this year than last years from the day trippers. Those in the priority groups seem to be reporting big increases in the number of people they usually attend with. But I'm not fussed how many actually turn up. I'll be there and thats good enough for me.

I actually think the gulf between the Premiership and the top 5 or 6 in the Championship is the smallest it has ever been. Take Celtic out the mix and possibly Aberdeen I don't think any of the Championship sides would really fear anyone else. I would suggest even that this season's Hearts side would have been top 4 in the Premiership.

I would actually disagree with that and say the top 3 or 4 in the Premiership are superior to the rest of the division, obviously I include ICT in that. To totally flip what you said, I've seen quite a few Championship games this season due to Sky's hard on of having Sevco, Hibs and Hearts there, and the quality looks quite poor. I'd fancy ICT's chances 9 times out of 10 against those sides.

The Hibs/Sevco match last month looked particularly 'blood & thunder' with very little quality on show. I guess there's just a lesser quality of player in the Championship