Partick Thistle v St. Mirren, Saturday 2 May

Pleasing to see Bannigan completely boss the Buddies' great white hope. Stuart's refusal to rise to Mallan's sly digs is a definite sign of his new found maturity. Noticed a bit of needle between Wylde and Stevenson/O'Donnell; anyone care to speculate on its genesis?

Any talk of a St. Mirren penalty, even a foul, can be rubbished by reference to the vine. I've actually seen very little mention of our own penalty claim when Higginbotham was clipped in the box. Doesn't even make the highlights, such was our dominance.

St. Mirren won't be a loss to the league, but Lex will leave a huge hole in the forum from a point and laugh perspective. I'm assuming he arrived at half time given his assertion that our first goal came against the run of play.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleasing to see Bannigan completely boss the Buddies' great white hope. Stuart's refusal to rise to Mallan's sly digs is a definite sign of his new found maturity. Noticed a bit of needle between Wylde and Stevenson/O'Donnell; anyone care to speculate on its genesis?

Any talk of a St. Mirren penalty, even a foul, can be rubbished by reference to the vine. I've actually seen very little mention of our own penalty claim when Higginbotham was clipped in the box. Doesn't even make the highlights, such was our dominance.

St. Mirren won't be a loss to the league, but Lex will leave a huge hole in the forum from a point and laugh perspective. I'm assuming he arrived at half time given his assertion that our first goal came against the run of play.

You've got to question Div's thought process, giving Lex the commentary duties on Twitter every week for BAWA. There's probably St Mirren fans out there thinking their team are quite good.

Thistle are definitely my wee team now.

The board are changing our name to Saint Patrick of Thistle to create a faux rivalry with our Perthshire overlords for next season :P

You've got to question Div's thought process, giving Lex the commentary duties on Twitter every week for BAWA. There's probably St Mirren fans out there thinking their team are quite good.

Erm, no. We are quite clearly shite.

Ah, so Lex was responsible for that Twitter account yesterday? That explains a lot actually.

I was at work refreshing Twitter constantly and I was astonished when we took the lead, given how much St Mirren appeared to be dominating us, according to BAWA.

Lex :lol: Its a shame he's hiding on BAWA, although it is hilarious seeing him trying to prove it was a penalty with a selected photo, despite the fact everyone else is watching the vine and saying its obviously not :lol:

Thistle deserved to win yesterday, though I think 3-0 flattered them.

Game of three halves - with Thistle taking the first and third, and Saints the middle.

We are toothless in attack, and have been all season.

Gow couldn't even score the simplest of chances.

That's 2 seasons in a row now where we've brought in strikers in the January window, who have then failed to score a single goal for us.

Magennis last season, and Aqruin and Gow (if you can count either as a striker) this season.

No goals = no chance of survival.

Were St Mirren fans watching a different game? I genuinely can't remember them being on top at all. Their one proper chance was that Gow one and that came more from absolutely hilarious defending rather than anything special from them. Thought 3-0 was a fair reflection of the game considering we missed a handful of first half chances as well.

I also note with interest that our 44 points (with three games remaining) is more than St Mirren have managed in their, what, nine years in the top flght? Wow. 2 seasons that took us.

That's pretty grim, tbh. Suppose they won a cup in the middle of it, and I think I'd probably take 9 years of complete dross to see the Jags win one of the cups. Still can't have been much fun knowing that you're basically always going to be in the relegation mix, though.

That's pretty grim, tbh. Suppose they won a cup in the middle of it, and I think I'd probably take 9 years of complete dross to see the Jags win one of the cups. Still can't have been much fun knowing that you're basically always going to be in the relegation mix, though.

I've seen it. I was at Hampden as a ten year old and saw Thistle pump Celtic to win the League Cup. Two of my uncles were Celtic fans, my dad was into Junior football though - Johnstone Burgh fan, as was I, as my parents moved to Johnstone Castle when it was a shiny new scheme back in the 60s. He was from Maryhill though, so in 1971 he was there quietly supporting Thistle while his brothers were supporting Celtic. I remember a fair bit about the game. We were in the main stand. Can remember the rickety old wooden seats.

Some St. Mirren fans still seem to be convinced it was a penalty despite Sportscene proving beyond any reasonable doubt that the 'challenge' occurred outside the box.

Thistle deserved to win yesterday, though I think 3-0 flattered them.

Game of three halves - with Thistle taking the first and third, and Saints the middle.

We are toothless in attack, and have been all season.

Gow couldn't even score the simplest of chances.

That's 2 seasons in a row now where we've brought in strikers in the January window, who have then failed to score a single goal for us.

Magennis last season, and Aqruin and Gow (if you can count either as a striker) this season.

No goals = no chance of survival.

^^ Doesn't understand fractions.

Some St. Mirren fans still seem to be convinced it was a penalty despite Sportscene proving beyond any reasonable doubt that the 'challenge' occurred outside the box.

Who? Looked outside the box to me.

Lex. Despite Sportscene slowing it down and using graphics to illustrate that it take place outside the box, he's now managed to convince himself that the pundits also believed it was a penalty. He's a bit mad.

A great performance in the end, in a game that looked like it was going to be "one of those". Game was in 3 parts, like that St Mirren fan said. We started brilliantly, then settled into our nervy way where it looked like we might let them back in it. Kept them at arms length though, and once we got the goal it was all over. St Mirren offered very little.

I was pretty sure that was a penalty from where I Was sitting in the first half, but looks like Thompson got it absolutely spot on. With all the talk of how terrible referees have been this season, he deserves credit for that at least. Did he get much praise on Sportscene?

Please tell me that wasn't the stonewall penalty shout? :lol:

Shout, yes. Penalty, no. When are we going to let match officials get on with their jobs? (Ahem!)

Archived