Partick Thistle v St. Mirren, Saturday 2 May

Safety guaranteed if we match Motherwell's result against County, right? We win, Motherwell win and St. Mirren are relegated on our patch, yeah?

That would be glorious.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been utterly shite both times we've played St Mirren at Firhill, so playing like a vaguely competent team this time would be nice. If we win we're absolutely certainly safe and could potentially relegate saints so that'd be nice, and mean we could start sorting out contracts etc for next season. We're in good form so should be winning. 2-0 Thistle.

Dunfermline condemned to the play-offs at Firhill in 2013, Hearts relegated at Firhill in 2014. St Mirren relegated at Firhill in 2015?

To be honest, I've nothing against St Mirren. I'd take more pleasure in sending Motherwell into the play-offs on the last game of the season.

Saturday will make for a very interesting game give our form, St Mirren's record at Firhill and their brilliant result yesterday.

Any kind of win will be ideal.

No desperate desire on my part to see St Mirren relegated on Saturday, if it happens it happens and I'm sure there'll be a few GIRUY songs aimed at them. Part and parcel of the game, as I also remember them singing "Thistle's going bust" in 1997 just after Save The Jags started (think a 19 year old defender called Archibald scored in a 2-2 draw that day).

If I could handpick the results it would be wins for us, Motherwell, and Hamilton as I'd like to see a tight race for 11th, just not one featuring us at all. Getting 100% safe- I think we're 99% safe at the moment- would accelerate the decisions on who to keep / release / try and bring in from elsewhere.

Team pretty much picks itself now- if we play like we have done the last 2 games I think we'll win 2-0.

Dunfermline condemned to the play-offs at Firhill in 2013, Hearts relegated at Firhill in 2014. St Mirren relegated at Firhill in 2015?

To be honest, I've nothing against St Mirren. I'd take more pleasure in sending Motherwell into the play-offs on the last game of the season.

Saturday will make for a very interesting game give our form, St Mirren's record at Firhill and their brilliant result yesterday.

Any kind of win will be ideal.

We definitely relegated Airdrie in 2013 as well. We've managed to break a couple of hoodoos recently, getting 3 wins in a row and a rare Firhill victory in the league vs St Mirren would be a nice one to achieve.

My main doubt about this game is our hoodoo against the Saints in league games over the last couple of seasons.

However as stated we can lift the juju by carrying on our recent level of performance.

No big desire to see St Mirren go down but they have had a nightmare of a season and would already be down if we hadn't made a pigs ear of our previous two home games against them.

Nice to see Christie back in the squad yesterday.

His mum doing the half time draw would be glorious :wub:

Thistle 3 St Mirren 0

Cracking result for the Buddies yesterday, with a perfectly timed morale boost before a visit to their favourite ground. Would have much preferred getting St Mirren away after the split, seeing as the home team just doesn't seem to win in this fixture: it hasn't happened in the league in the 7 fixtures since we came back up.

With the form we're on, we should be looking to win here and try to push for 7th, but I've really no idea what to expect.

5-0 Saints, and Motherwell get pumped, then we cuff Motherwell 3-0 in the next game. Gap down to one point - Motherwell shite it, we finish in the playoffs where we lose 1-0 at The Sports Direct Works XI before fcuking them rotten 5-0 at the Feegie Field of Dreams. It's a glorious day in St Mirren's history - up there with the Scottish Cup Finals of 1926, 1959 and 1987, and the ultimate glory day - the day that wee cnut Tommy Craig finally got his jotters. Now here's the best bit - following our 5-0 gubbing of the Sevco, I win Euromillions, get my hole fae' Kylie Minogue, get picked for the European Ryder Cup team, learn who really killed JFK and find out that Rachel Riley fae' Countdown wants me to leave Kylie for her....

Bookmark this.

^ Whatever you are on, it must be great stuff!

:lol:

OK, so maybe I was wrong about the odd detail... It's Rachael Stevens fae' S Club 7 that wants me, not Rachael Riley fae' Countdown.

I hold my hands up.

I love Firhill, for obvious reasons. Hoping we bring a big support for what will be our last trip to one of my favourite grounds for a couple of years at least!

Would love a cheeky win too, and there's no real reason why we can't get one!

No desperate desire on my part to see St Mirren relegated on Saturday, if it happens it happens and I'm sure there'll be a few GIRUY songs aimed at them. Part and parcel of the game, as I also remember them singing "Thistle's going bust" in 1997 just after Save The Jags started (think a 19 year old defender called Archibald scored in a 2-2 draw that day).

I was at that game and the same fans that were singing about going bust also generously contributed to the bucket collections around the ground. Think there was a decent crowd from us that day.

I would fully expect a roasting from the jags fans, I'd be doing the same.

I was at that game and the same fans that were singing about going bust also generously contributed to the bucket collections around the ground. Think there was a decent crowd from us that day.

I would fully expect a roasting from the jags fans, I'd be doing the same.

Yes there was a very good saints turnout that day, so they could sing what they wanted.

Archived