Our list is as follows;

Steve Banks

Gary Miller

Gareth Rodger

Frazer Wright

Liam Caddis

Lee Croft

James McFadden

Brian Graham & Danny Swanson's loans are up.

Frazer Wright will be retained. TW mentioned that we'd put an offer to Caddis too. I can't see any of the rest being with us next season. Miller has already been replaced by Brad McKay. Banks, Croft and McFadden are all easily replaced (Croft and McFadden have really struggled for playing time recently too, which suggests to me they're likely away). Rodger is a youngster who has shown promise, but he's had a horrible time with injuries. Wouldn't be surprised if he was given another year, although that would be last chance saloon time for him.

I'd be delighted if we could keep Swanson and Graham has been talking in terms of next season with us too.

I agree we should be replacing Gary Miller but don't think it's certain he'll go. He's decent cover and the manager might be content with that but I'd rather someone who is going to push Mackay for his shirt a bit more. In saying that if it's a choice between retaining Miller or affording a better quality of attacking player than the latter option seems more important. I don't see Brad McKay as a right back at all.

I'd let Caddis go too. This season was when he was meant to push on with Cregg and Hasselbaink released but he hasn't. With Gilchrist doing well at Elgin I think Rodger will go too. Banks to be retained as emergency cover on top of his coaching role would seem sensible to me too.

I agree we should be replacing Gary Miller but don't think it's certain he'll go. He's decent cover and the manager might be content with that but I'd rather someone who is going to push Mackay for his shirt a bit more. In saying that if it's a choice between retaining Miller or affording a better quality of attacking player than the latter option seems more important. I don't see Brad McKay as a right back at all.

I'd let Caddis go too. This season was when he was meant to push on with Cregg and Hasselbaink released but he hasn't. With Gilchrist doing well at Elgin I think Rodger will go too. Banks to be retained as emergency cover on top of his coaching role would seem sensible to me too.

Do we not have a goalkeeping coach already, aside from Banks? He seems a waste of a wage to me with Clark coming through and with Hurst available in absolute emergencies.

I can't see Miller being retained. Even if he is offered a deal, surely the lad has more ambition than sitting on our bench? I'm sure I read an interview a while back with Wright talking about McKay providing right back cover. I agree that he probably isn't a natural shout there, I'm just basing my post on what the manager has said previously.

Caddis shouldn't be retained. He's not good enough at this level and doubt he ever will be. It's a shame as he did show early promise, but it's been his year next year for about 3 seasons now! Time to let go.

George Browning is the other goalkeeping coach? But i think he's more involved in the youth side of things with the odd inclusion with the senior side.

I like Miller and doubt we'll get as good back up, tbh, but he'll not want to stay (surely) if hes being realistic about his chances of becoming a regular. I'd like another natural right back in if he does leave though, as McKay coming in should be in addition to the current numbers than a replacement for any of them IMO.

Caddis shouldn't get a new deal. He shows the briefest of glimpses of a player, but his early debut at Ibrox is still one of the best games I've personally seen him have, and that was five years ago as a 16 year old. He was seemingly good in the early European games, and was one of the better players in our pumping at Tannadice this season, but he's not consistent enough and doesn't seem to be improving.

The 116 Scottish Premiership players out of contract at the end of the season

Aberdeen

Russell Anderson, Barry Robson, Clark Robertson, Craig Storie, Joe Shaughnessy, Declan McManus, Andrew Driver

Celtic

Lukasz Zaluska, Jackson Irvine, Joe Chalmers, John Herron, Dylan McGeouch

Dundee

David Clarkson, Jim McAlister, Kyle Letheren, Kevin McBride, Willie Dyer, Gary Irvine, Martin Boyle, Iain Davidson, Stephen McGinn, Paul Heffernan, Kostadine Gadzhalov

Dundee Utd

Radoslaw Cierzniak, Brian Graham, Michael Gardyne, Jordan Moore, Keith Watson, Sean Dillon, Calum Butcher

Hamilton

Darren Hill, Eamonn Brophy, Blair Currie, Jason Scotland, Nigel Hasselbaink

Inverness CT

Marley Watkins, Danny Devine, David Raven, Lewis Horner, Liam Polworth, Nick Ross, Edward Ofere, Tarmo Kink

Kilmarnock

Manuel Pascali, Alexei Eremenko, Craig Slater, Craig Samson, Sammy Clingan, Greg Kiltie, Conor Brennan, Chris Chantler, Mark O’Hara, Nathan Eccleston, Paul Cairney, Lee Miller

Motherwell

Paul Lawson, Lionel Ainsworth, John Sutton, Simon Ramsden, Iain Vigurs, Bob McHugh, Josh Law, Stuart Carswell, Adam Cummins, Zaine Francis-Angol, Ross Stewart, Fraser Kerr, Lee Erwin, Scott McDonald

Partick Thistle

Kallum Higgginbotham, Paul Gallacher, Christie Elliot, Abdul Osman, Scott Fox, James Craigen, Dale Keenan, Conrad Baltoni, Steven Lawless, Stephen O’Donnell, Chris Duggan, Sean Welsh

Ross County

Antonio Reguero, Mark Brown, Paul Quinn, Scott Boyd, Darren Barr, Ben Frempah, Steven Saunders, Rocco Quinn, Filip Kiss, Terry Dunfield, Richard Brittain, Joe Cardle, Graham Carey, Steven Ross, Jake Jervis, Liam Boyce, Ruben Palazuelos, Darvydas Sernas, Abdoulaye Meite, Raffaele De Vita, Craig Curran

St Johnstone

Frazer Wright, James McFadden, Lee Croft, Gary Miller, Liam Caddis, Steve Banks, Gareth Rodger

St Mirren

Marian Kello, John McGinn, Steven Thompson, Gregg Wylde, Jeroen Tesselaar, Thomas Reilly, Alan Gow, Viktor Genev, Yoann Arquin

Motherwell

Paul Lawson, Lionel Ainsworth, John Sutton, Simon Ramsden, Iain Vigurs, Bob McHugh, Josh Law, Stuart Carswell, Adam Cummins, Zaine Francis-Angol, Ross Stewart, Fraser Kerr, Lee Erwin, Scott McDonald

Paul Lawson has managed 8 starts in two seasons so he will be off.

Simon Ramsden has been a decent signing over the course but he's 33 now and has been brutal this season. His temperament is suspect as well. Probably headed for English non league.

Josh Law has been a regular under Baraclough but I just don't think he's good enough. Will be interesting to see if we offer him a contract.

Bob McHugh is currently on loan at Airdrie and is clearly not in the plans and will definitely be away. Same goes for Adam Cummins on loan at Stirling currently.

Fraser Kerr hadn't been involved for ages until Louis Lang got injured against Accies so I think he too will be on his way unless he gets a wee chance and takes it now.

Stuart Carswell is another one who has more or less been frozen out under Baraclough. I think he will rue that red card against Partick. Probably cost him any chance he had of getting a new contract.

Iain Vigurs and Zane Francis-Angol have both been injured for most of the season and I don't think either of them have played under Baraclough. I like Vigurs and would not be upset if we retained him. Francis-Angol hasn't really pushed on, don't seem him really be a first choice player. Wouldn't surprise me if both were released.

Scott McDonald will likely leave, especially if we go down as I don't fancy he'd want to play at that level. Personally I think he was only here until the end of the season anyway.

Lionel Ainsworth is one of the most frustrating players I think I've ever seen in a Motherwell jersey. On his day great, over a season will probably score you goals but seems to only play once every four games. And when he's off, he's off. I really want to give his guy a shake! I might be inclined to keep him but he only signed a 1 year contract last time so that to me says he doesn't see Motherwell as a long term club.

John Sutton I'd keep especially if we go down. I think someone like Sutton could run riot in the Championship and score 20 goals. Well, maybe not 'run'....but you know what I mean. Criminally under rated by our support.

Lee Erwin probably the only player to be definitely offered a new contract. Has been good at times but still has a lot to learn for me to be a first choice striker. Learning to score goals would help. Has potential though but right now he's a bit like a blonde Josh Magennis in that he just can't score with any regularity.

Ross Stewart has been kicking about as third choice keeper for a while now, probably needs to move on if he wants game time.

The 116 Scottish Premiership players out of contract at the end of the season

Dundee

Jim McAlister, Gary Irvine, Stephen McGinn,

Hamilton

Eamonn Brophy

Inverness CT

Marley Watkins, David Raven, Edward Ofere,

Motherwell

Lee Erwin

Partick Thistle

Kallum Higgginbotham, Stephen O’Donnell

St Mirren

John McGinn,

If any of these players turned up at Dens next year I dont think I'd mind.

If we signed Watkins i'd probably poo myself. Obvs we won't, I'm not daft

Regarding John Sutton. He had a great chance to score on Friday night but as the ball flew across the goal face he slid in and missed it by a baw hair and that my friends is John Sutton's career in a nutshell. They should call him Baw Hair Sutton!

Archived