First World Problems

Have you never heard of a chip van? We have them in Airdrie. Old vans packed with second hand electrical equipment and vats of hot oil, careering round schemes to dispense heart attacks wrapped up in newspaper. Ours comes on a Wednesday never miss it. Fish supper with a hamburger garnish.

Used to regularly stay with my Aunt and Uncle in Gartlea when I was growing up, loved the chip van!

A chip van used to fire round the village I stayed in as a lad. It only went round the uncouth top part of the village though and not the cultured bottom part.

There was one that used to drive home through our village on his way home but never stop.
Best you could do was just sniff the air as it blazed by.

23 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The remote locking on my car key has stopped working. Locking/unlocking the door with the key is soul destroying.

I have the same problem with my motor. Try turning the ignition to put all the dash lights on without starting up and then push the key button. Sometime it resets itself but sadly not all the time.

Anyhoo, my problem is that it has just taken me almost 5 minutes to open my wifes bottle of champagne. The cork just would not move. Bet Gamu does not have that problem with getting something to drink.

3 minutes ago, supermik said:

I have the same problem with my motor. Try turning the ignition to put all the dash lights on without starting up and then push the key button. Sometime it resets itself but sadly not all the time.

Anyhoo, my problem is that it has just taken me almost 5 minutes to open my wifes bottle of champagne. The cork just would not move. Bet Gamu does not have that problem with getting something to drink.

• 1 month later...

Searching through properties on estate agents websites with the keyword 'pool' entered into the filter but some of the suggested properties have no pool.

It's times like this I wish I stayed in the path of a massive hurricane. It would sort out the need for a pool for starters.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Searching through properties on estate agents websites with the keyword 'pool' entered into the filter but some of the suggested properties have no pool.

Do they have pool tables?

I had one of those shower gel/shampoo distributors in my shower and when I was replacing the shower gel within yesterday I pulled the box out a little bit which obviously unstable it somewhat and then in the middle of the night the entire thing fell into the shower leaving a smudge of green shower gel, blue shampoo and white conditioner and the plastic cases were broken all over the place. It made me lose at very least 20 minutes of sleep as well as being a waste of money and materials. The weekend is pretty much ruined already.

I had one of those shower gel/shampoo distributors in my shower and when I was replacing the shower gel within yesterday I pulled the box out a little bit which obviously unstable it somewhat and then in the middle of the night the entire thing fell into the shower leaving a smudge of green shower gel, blue shampoo and white conditioner and the plastic cases were broken all over the place. It made me lose at very least 20 minutes of sleep as well as being a waste of money and materials. The weekend is pretty much ruined already.

Do you live in a sports centre or hotel? I never thought folk had those things at home?!