First World Problems

I’m a big fan of vehicular start-stop technology (where the engine cuts out at traffic lights etc). However, the ferocity of the heat in my heated steering wheel dips noticeably when the engine is shut off.  The lord giveth with one hand and taketh with the other.

I’m a big fan of vehicular start-stop technology (where the engine cuts out at traffic lights etc). However, the ferocity of the heat in my heated steering wheel dips noticeably when the engine is shut off.  The lord giveth with one hand and taketh with the other.

First complaint of the new motor?

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Switch it off and buy gloves,

You strike me as the type to wear driving gloves.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I think I shall maintain a small fire in the cupboard under the sink during winter months from now on. Seems more sensible than anyone elses suggestions.

Sounds like you've got sensitive teeth, I love it when the water gets cold. Tell them to stop being such wimps and pull their socks up.

Sounds like you've got sensitive teeth, I love it when the water gets cold. Tell them to stop being such wimps and pull their socks up.

You’ve cracked it, Welshy! Wee socks for your teeth! Ice cream too cold? Pop the wee socks on and eat away. Genius!

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

People who drink tap water really shouldn’t be posting in this thread.

People who buy bottled water in Scotland instead of drinking tap water are like people who buy Nurofen instead of Ibuprofen. They're too thick to ever call themselves first world.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

People who buy bottled water in Scotland instead of drinking tap water are like people who buy Nurofen instead of Ibuprofen. They're too thick to ever call themselves first world.

Wrong.  

As usual.

I wash my generic supermarket tablets down with bottled sparkling water.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Wrong.  

As usual.

I wash my generic supermarket tablets down with bottled sparkling water.

That's just lemonade without the lemon. Usually from the tap in a Coca Cola factory.

Sparkling water? Doesn't surprise me. 

Sparkling water is vile.

I remember one night I had taken too many pills in a very very hot nightclub and I suddenly felt very dehydrated and on the verge of a coma. I had to push my way to the bar for water and the barman, who I think knew I was in a bad way, ignored a couple of people to come to me first.

“A bottle of water” I cried out.

When said bottle had been handed over I took a big massive drink of it and, mid-gulp, discovered it was sparkling water and promptly was sick all over the floor. Ended up getting chucked out.

What is sparkling water anyway? Is it just lemonade without the lemons? How do they make it?

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Sparkling water is vile.

I remember one night I had taken too many pills in a very very hot nightclub and I suddenly felt very dehydrated and on the verge of a coma. I had to push my way to the bar for water and the barman, who I think knew I was in a bad way, ignored a couple of people to come to me first.

“A bottle of water” I cried out.

When said bottle had been handed over I took a big massive drink of it and, mid-gulp, discovered it was sparkling water and promptly was sick all over the floor. Ended up getting chucked out.

What is sparkling water anyway? Is it just lemonade without the lemons? How do they make it?

Indeed. I believe it was Saville's favourite tipple.