The unseated Labour politicians

Driver eight

So you're saying there's never been any decent Labour politicians?

Yeah yeah, you were great.

No im not. John McAllion is one that springs to mind as an intelligent principled man. Or in UK Tony Benn.

However, let's not pretend there was ever a golden age where Labour stood for anything radical or societal change.

Maybe people in the grass roots did but the leadership and the PLP have always been one side of the establishment coin.

Yeah yeah, you were great.

No im not. John McAllion is one that springs to mind as an intelligent principled man. Or in UK Tony Benn.

However, let's not pretend there was ever a golden age where Labour stood for anything radical or societal change.

Maybe people in the grass roots did but the leadership and the PLP have always been one side of the establishment coin.

Yeah you're right. All the huge social reforms in the health service, housing, education, workers rights, health and safety, nationalisation of key industries all just happened magically.

Christ man you're havering shite.

I have it from two different accounts that Gemma Doyle has approached Polaroid and Babcock(faslane) asking about executive jobs after the election.

tbf I'm not sure she'll make much money selling polaroids of herself but you never know..

post-12982-0-46545400-1430348165.jpg

Dream scenario - SNP win another outright majority at HR in 2016 but form a coalition with the Greens anyway because Nicola and Patrick are the fuckin bosses. :wub:

I agree. But surely we can't expect these supine Slabbers to give up politics? Sarwar, Curran etc into Holyrood via the list looks a given.

I'll be most interested to see where my current Labour MP Michael McCann ends up if he does receive the kicking he so richly deserves next Thursday. Especially as he employs his wife as his secretary and pays her 35K.

He's just so thick that it's impossible to imagine him gaining any sort of meaningful employment.

I sincerely hope his days on the gravy train are about to end.

They don't dominate Scottish politics to the extent they used to at the local government level so the cushy jobs for the boys are not there to anything like the same extent now. Some of them will really struggle if as seems likely the polling numbers hold up.

The local council elections are going to be fantastic also, looking forward to seeing many Labour councillor booted out and hopefully no longer running Glasgow City Council

I'll be most interested to see where my current Labour MP Michael McCann ends up if he does receive the kicking he so richly deserves next Thursday. Especially as he employs his wife as his secretary and pays her 35K.

He's just so thick that it's impossible to imagine him gaining any sort of meaningful employment.

I sincerely hope his days on the gravy train are about to end.

Local government consultancy, sadly, until Labour is booted out there too.

Not Labour but I asked Charles Kennedy what he would do if unseated. I asked if he'd go to the House of Lords. Oh no he said, doesn't belive in all that nonsense and told me he'd turned down an offer of a knighthood last year...

Was he mildly intoxicated?

Not Labour but I asked Charles Kennedy what he would do if unseated. I asked if he'd go to the House of Lords. Oh no he said, doesn't belive in all that nonsense and told me he'd turned down an offer of a knighthood last year...

A Liberal Democrat claiming to have a core principle. Well.

Interesting that his answer wasn't, "Ah'm still gonnae be an MP next year, ya daftie!".

Archived