Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many games has big marvin featured in this season?

Started twice as far as I remember. Once up at Elgin where he scored and the other at home to Stirling where he was hooked at half-time. Seems a good guy to have in the dressing room and is on amateur terms so no wages

The Bully_Wee. Shettleston were do we start. Not for me total downgrade of the club. Forget all shit compare broadwood to Shettleston. I know Broadwood has been a disaster and this board and and many before have been the cause of this. You ask me what I would do. The one and only thing that would pull more crowds in and unite the whole club would have been to go back the area of our roots. All focus should be on this. I'm not saying share with another junior club as I think that's a disaster no matter what club it is.

The Bully_Wee. Shettleston were do we start. Not for me total downgrade of the club. Forget all shit compare broadwood to Shettleston. I know Broadwood has been a disaster and this board and and many before have been the cause of this. You ask me what I would do. The one and only thing that would pull more crowds in and unite the whole club would have been to go back the area of our roots. All focus should be on this. I'm not saying share with another junior club as I think that's a disaster no matter what club it is.

Okay, that's your opinion and that's fair enough and based in emotion and I respect that.

But do you realise how big a project that is? Identifying sites, surveys, valuations, litigation, council permission. Get all that and then you're starting procurement, you need to employ well qualified, expensive professionals in many fields to progress the project, contractors, unforeseen expenses. Meanwhile you need to find a temporary ground to play at while your ground is being built.

These are so many big challenges to overcome, haven't you noticed that there have been very few new grounds built in Scotland in the last few years? Never mind for a club such as ours which has little to no capital and actually has debts outstanding.

Therefore you need to consider alternative solutions, and one of those might be groundsharing.

So you would move us back to our roots?

That's all great from an emotional viewpoint but we ain't played in that area for almost 30 years and around the team we were leaving back in the 80's our crowds weren't very good and I'm sure with the large changes in housing in those areas there isn't very many Clyde supporters left.

At this time the move to Shettleston gives us this best chance to get us back into a position that allows us to make some money out of a ground and not only be allowed to use it for 3 hours on a match day and be stuck somewhere that costs us an almost six figure sum before a ball is kicked like we are at Broadwood.

The thing at the end of the day we are a club that has no assets or anything financial to offer and this Shettleston deal represents our best chance at having some sort of future.

So you would move us back to our roots?

That's all great from an emotional viewpoint but we ain't played in that area for almost 30 years and around the team we were leaving back in the 80's our crowds weren't very good and I'm sure with the large changes in housing in those areas there isn't very many Clyde supporters left.

At this time the move to Shettleston gives us this best chance to get us back into a position that allows us to make some money out of a ground and not only be allowed to use it for 3 hours on a match day and be stuck somewhere that costs us an almost six figure sum before a ball is kicked like we are at Broadwood.

The thing at the end of the day we are a club that has no assets or anything financial to offer and this Shettleston deal represents our best chance at having some sort of future.

^^ This...

Never in life will everyone be happy with anything...

Im confident Shettleston will be a success and hopefully the only few supporters who are not convinced yet will in time

SSB is there any timescale attached to these negotiations? I,like you,am optimistic if this comes to pass that it is the our last chance to finally put our house in order and look forward to a brighter future. I am concerned that things seem to be moving slowly-desperate for some good news I suppose.

SSB is there any timescale attached to these negotiations? I,like you,am optimistic if this comes to pass that it is the our last chance to finally put our house in order and look forward to a brighter future. I am concerned that things seem to be moving slowly-desperate for some good news I suppose.

On what ive heard we.ll maybe hear something before or on end o month,That was info given cpl weeks ago and suppose could have changed by now , Fingers crossed but i genuine think both clubs want it and will benefit from each other

On what ive heard we.ll maybe hear something before or on end o month,That was info given cpl weeks ago and suppose could have changed by now , Fingers crossed but i genuine think both clubs want it and will benefit from each other

think the problem is there has been so many false dawns :(

just hope we get it all sorted out asap

^^ This...

Never in life will everyone be happy with anything...

Im confident Shettleston will be a success and hopefully the only few supporters who are not convinced yet will in time

I hope we can all come together, but I'm another not convinced by Shettleston.

I also don't think it is just "a few". If it was, the easiest thing for the Board to do would be to have a vote, and get a clear mandate. The fact they are trying to do anything but have a vote suggests to me that they wouldn't be confident in winning one.

I admit I'm not au fait with business law, but I wonder if such a move is allowable for a CIC.

I hope so as I think it's the right move, but if the registered intent of the organisation is the benefit of the community in Cumbernauld, a move would seem to go against that.

That begs some questions on whether that's legal, if they'd have to amend the CIC terms to benefit Shettleston, if there'd need to be a new CIC founded?

As I say, I know little to nothing about business law so apologies if these are silly questions but they come to mind.

Good delivery from a dead ball and good at crossing from deep.

Won't take on a man and won't hit the byline so he isn't that type of full back. Positioning is usually alright. Seems like a good guy aswell, didn't hide and had massive balls to take some important penalties

Sounds quite similar to Mitchell, really.

Archived