Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trouten that would be one part of the dream team with Kettlewell that got us relegated

waste of space wouldn't have him within 100 miles of the club

He has been one of brechins best players over the last few years. A regular scorer and assist maker from midfield, playing at the business end of the league above.

Some waste of space!

Even more so then that he comes back and is shit. However....it's not me signing him. Maybe he's changed and deserves a big club like us now. Didn't like him at all last time, firstly for being a Thistle fan, and secondly for a distasteful lack of effort.

lack of effort and regularly pulled out of tackles exactly the type of player we need????

doubt he would last one training session with BF

absolute waste of a wage (a good one) last time around

lack of effort and regularly pulled out of tackles exactly the type of player we need

doubt he would last one training session with BF

absolute waste of a wage (a good one) last time around

Did you consider it is possible he may have matured/improved as an overall player and performer since he was last with us. I doubt he would be in the running for player of the year in the division above us otherwise.

Doubt he will come to us anyway but amazing that being linked to some of the better players in the league above and people still not happy. We could be linked with messi and someone would be on here moaning about it. . .

trouten that would be one part of the dream team with Kettlewell that got us relegated

waste of space wouldn't have him within 100 miles of the club

Just clarify this for me as I'm struggling to understand your logic; you wouldn't add a midfielder who scored 14 goals from open play last season, in a higher division, to a team whose entire midfield netted a total of 12 goals from open play?

A player who has scored 50 goals from midfield in 3 seasons to a team that has only scored 149 goals in the same time period? He has 50 goals in 95 games; a ridiculous record for a striker at any level of the game.

You wouldn't add this player to a team that had play-off form for half a season and with the addition of two goalscorers would statistically stand-out as title contenders? Adding Trouten and keeping him fit would all but guarantee a comfortable top 4 finish.

Those are clear statistics. There's no record of his number of assists but I'd imagine that will be high (though it's always hard to compare across clubs/roles in any case). I've not even mentioned the less quantifiable impact that adding a ball carrier would make, particularly to our home form where we struggled against deep defensive blocks (lack of penetration). In terms of the principles of play (and penetration in particular), I would suggest if played centrally he immediately introduces four of those to our performances (depth, mobility, improvisation, surprise), which only really Scott Ferguson threatens to bring. Teams will naturally defend tighter to combat this, creating space for the fifth principle (width). If one attacking player takes one defensive player out of the game by going past him, your chances of scoring increase greatly. Again, for a Clyde fan this should be obvious (going from MacDonald, McColm, MCCluskey, Ferguson one season to just Ferguson the next).

And seemingly your reasoning is because he had poor performances under John Brown, as a player adapting to full-time football, 7 years ago? A season where he showed good form in an attacking midfield role (particularly in ripping Dunfermline apart in the 4-4 draw) but ended up playing much of the campaign as a wing-back which was never his position. Or alternatively, your reasoning is because he pulls out of tackles; can you name me a single attacking player who is in any team to "win tackles"? His role in our team would be controlled pressing and he's intelligent enough to follow that.

Seems absolutely crazy to me.

Incidentally, I'd be astonished if he dropped down to League 2 when he could get a game anywhere in the division above. And the team list thread in the League 1 forum suggests Steven Noble is staying at Peterhead?

Just clarify this for me as I'm struggling to understand your logic; you wouldn't add a midfielder who scored 14 goals from open play last season, in a higher division, to a team whose entire midfield netted a total of 12 goals from open play?

A player who has scored 50 goals from midfield in 3 seasons to a team that has only scored 149 goals in the same time period? He has 50 goals in 95 games; a ridiculous record for a striker at any level of the game.

You wouldn't add this player to a team that had play-off form for half a season and with the addition of two goalscorers would statistically stand-out as title contenders? Adding Trouten and keeping him fit would all but guarantee a comfortable top 4 finish.

Those are clear statistics. There's no record of his number of assists but I'd imagine that will be high (though it's always hard to compare across clubs/roles in any case). I've not even mentioned the less quantifiable impact that adding a ball carrier would make, particularly to our home form where we struggled against deep defensive blocks (lack of penetration). In terms of the principles of play (and penetration in particular), I would suggest if played centrally he immediately introduces four of those to our performances (depth, mobility, improvisation, surprise), which only really Scott Ferguson threatens to bring. Teams will naturally defend tighter to combat this, creating space for the fifth principle (width). If one attacking player takes one defensive player out of the game by going past him, your chances of scoring increase greatly. Again, for a Clyde fan this should be obvious (going from MacDonald, McColm, MCCluskey, Ferguson one season to just Ferguson the next).

And seemingly your reasoning is because he had poor performances under John Brown, as a player adapting to full-time football, 7 years ago? A season where he showed good form in an attacking midfield role (particularly in ripping Dunfermline apart in the 4-4 draw) but ended up playing much of the campaign as a wing-back which was never his position. Or alternatively, your reasoning is because he pulls out of tackles; can you name me a single attacking player who is in any team to "win tackles"? His role in our team would be controlled pressing and he's intelligent enough to follow that.

Seems absolutely crazy to me.

Incidentally, I'd be astonished if he dropped down to League 2 when he could get a game anywhere in the division above. And the team list thread in the League 1 forum suggests Steven Noble is staying at Peterhead?

^^ this!

Glad someone else can see sense. Its blindingly obvious he is the type of player we need to link midfield and attack and provide a goal threat from midfield.

Would be very surprised if we get him but cannot understand the negativity!

Archived