Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Alan trouten is another Stuart mccolm.

You're clearly at the wind up here! Trouten scored 12 goals in league 1, was in the team of the season an nominated for player of the year. He is clearly a big improvement on Mccolm.

I would be very surprised if he signs for us unless we are offering him silly money.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just clarify this for me as I'm struggling to understand your logic; you wouldn't add a midfielder who scored 14 goals from open play last season, in a higher division, to a team whose entire midfield netted a total of 12 goals from open play?

A player who has scored 50 goals from midfield in 3 seasons to a team that has only scored 149 goals in the same time period? He has 50 goals in 95 games; a ridiculous record for a striker at any level of the game.

You wouldn't add this player to a team that had play-off form for half a season and with the addition of two goalscorers would statistically stand-out as title contenders? Adding Trouten and keeping him fit would all but guarantee a comfortable top 4 finish.

Those are clear statistics. There's no record of his number of assists but I'd imagine that will be high (though it's always hard to compare across clubs/roles in any case). I've not even mentioned the less quantifiable impact that adding a ball carrier would make, particularly to our home form where we struggled against deep defensive blocks (lack of penetration). In terms of the principles of play (and penetration in particular), I would suggest if played centrally he immediately introduces four of those to our performances (depth, mobility, improvisation, surprise), which only really Scott Ferguson threatens to bring. Teams will naturally defend tighter to combat this, creating space for the fifth principle (width). If one attacking player takes one defensive player out of the game by going past him, your chances of scoring increase greatly. Again, for a Clyde fan this should be obvious (going from MacDonald, McColm, MCCluskey, Ferguson one season to just Ferguson the next).

And seemingly your reasoning is because he had poor performances under John Brown, as a player adapting to full-time football, 7 years ago? A season where he showed good form in an attacking midfield role (particularly in ripping Dunfermline apart in the 4-4 draw) but ended up playing much of the campaign as a wing-back which was never his position. Or alternatively, your reasoning is because he pulls out of tackles; can you name me a single attacking player who is in any team to "win tackles"? His role in our team would be controlled pressing and he's intelligent enough to follow that.

Seems absolutely crazy to me.

Incidentally, I'd be astonished if he dropped down to League 2 when he could get a game anywhere in the division above. And the team list thread in the League 1 forum suggests Steven Noble is staying at Peterhead?

didn't realise you watch Brechin City regularly ????

you want statistic's in the three years after leaving us he scored 8 goals

ps anybody who doesnt agree with you seems crazy

didn't realise you watch Brechin City regularly ????

you want statistic's in the three years after leaving us he scored 8 goals

ps anybody who doesnt agree with you seems crazy

In the Championship. In poor teams.

I'd suggest the last three years was a better indicator of what player he is now.

Perhaps you could suggest other hard tackling targets who can fill the goals deficit we have?

In the Championship. In poor teams.

I'd suggest the last three years was a better indicator of what player he is now.

Perhaps you could suggest other hard tackling targets who can fill the goals deficit we have?

well if he is as good as you say he will have teams in div 1 battering his door down for his signature so it's a mute point

In regards to trouten, pretty sure he's brechins penalty taker which is why he has that many goals for them.

I seem to remember him hiding on the wing a lot, similar to mccolm which is why I made the comparison.

In regards to trouten, pretty sure he's brechins penalty taker which is why he has that many goals for them.

I seem to remember him hiding on the wing a lot, similar to mccolm which is why I made the comparison.

18 goals last season, 4 of which were penalties.

New signing announced tonight. My guess is Higgins.

Good guess!

Quite a smart player, not a great goalscoring record but that might change at this level.

Archived