Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry bout that Eddie.

Wasn't having a go. Just seemed reasonable to tell the fans on here exactly what we were told for transparency. Still seems like it could be a goer so fingers crossed we get some concrete good news on the relocation to go with these positive new signings.

Wasn't having a go. Just seemed reasonable to tell the fans on here exactly what we were told for transparency. Still seems like it could be a goer so fingers crossed we get some concrete good news on the relocation to go with these positive new signings.

It does hopefully seem like it's going to be positive news on the Shettleston move which I'm very happy about it I have to say.

Posted this in the squad list thread but will get more views here. Team so far unless I've missed anyone:

GK:

John Gibson

Mark McMillan (?)

DEF:

Michael Bolochoweckyj

Scott Durie

Scott Linton

David Marsh

Mark McLaughlin

Chris Smith

Chris Mitchell

Billy Robb

MID:

Steven Brisbane

Scott Ferguson

Scott McLaughlin

Hugh Murray

ATTK:

Archie Campbell

Sean Higgins

Conor Lynass

Brian McQueen

Mark Roberts

Apparently we are going to play 352 next season so a quick stab at a team would be something like;

Gibson

Bolo McLaughlin Marsh

Mitchell------------------------Linton

Ferguson Murray Brisbane

Campbell Higgins

Centre of midfield a bit of a concern there but hopefully Fergie gets a couple of players in, Scott Ferguson likely won't be enough to play centrally and I hear Brisbane is more of a winger.

A Championship Manager 03/04 legend back in the day, but Cowdenbeath fans certainly weren't eulogising about him on the day of their relegation:

Booted the ball out of play, stuck the finger up to the Cowden fans then applauded the Alloa fans when he was subbed.
I was right next to him when it happened. The ball got shifted wide to him and he slammed it out the stadium and said 'f**k yous'. Our gutless manager didn't even immediately remove him from the field of play.
Colin Marshall. What a cretin. Hope someone ends him and he never plays football again. I just want to smash his face in. Two boys at end were gonna have a wee word with him.
Colin Marshall showed no fight. He was drifting through the game and he chucked it. I hope he never plays football again.
I hope Marshall never ever gets a Club after that. The most unprofessional thing I have ever seen in all my years watching football.

A Championship Manager 03/04 legend back in the day, but Cowdenbeath fans certainly weren't eulogising about him on the day of their relegation:

I remember Cowdenbeath fans turning their noses up when they signed oor Patrick. Good on Marshall I say.

He's the best striker in the juniors. The suggestion that we shouldn't sign another striker is absolutely laughable.

Gormley already signed apparently as I mentioned above.

My point was that Barrowman wouldn't needed once Gormley is confirmed.

Although maybe this is aimed elsewhere.

I remember Cowdenbeath fans turning their noses up when they signed oor Patrick. Good on Marshall I say.

That's a fair point, actually. There must be something in the water through there which impairs their judgement/gives them a superiority complex. I have complete faith that in Marshall, Barry has signed us a hard-working and level-headed team player :wub:

Gormley was wasted going back to the juniors IMO, probably not good enough for what we needed after getting promoted but far too good for juniors.

would be 6 ex Ayr players in that team now :lol:

Archived