Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gracey divides opinion on personality, largely because he's the first club official since Davie McKinnon to have one, but contribution and ability to open doors for the club wise, the club has lost more from this than him. Its not a new thing.....anyone who shows the slightest flair for communications or taking charge of situations has,always caused problems for thr rest on the board. The ongoing fiasco with NLL is an absolute victory for the suits....much easier to blame an invisible enemy than action change. I await the on-site tribute with popcorn and Opal fruits.

Gracey divides opinion on personality, largely because he's the first club official since Davie McKinnon to have one, but contribution and ability to open doors for the club wise, the club has lost more from this than him. Its not a new thing.....anyone who shows the slightest flair for communications or taking charge of situations has,always caused problems for thr rest on the board. The ongoing fiasco with NLL is an absolute victory for the suits....much easier to blame an invisible enemy than action change. I await the on-site tribute with popcorn and Opal fruits.

doubt you will get any thank you form the present board

couple of years ago there was plenty interaction on social media with the board now nothing you here nothing from the chairman

I think your post hits the nail right on the head any flair for raising finance communicating with fans etc just shows the rest of them up

lets see how they get on raising the next strip sponsor etc.

three months since the AGM and not a word about shettleston or any other ground

suppose you as fans you get the board you deserve

as a fan most important thing is seeing my team win on a Saturday but we really should look to see what's under the bonnet too many times we have been running along nicely only to find we have run out of petrol or the engine needs a service and we have no money to pay for one .its now up to the board to produce in terms of finance and the new ground fingers crossed

as a fan most important thing is seeing my team win on a Saturday but we really should look to see what's under the bonnet too many times we have been running along nicely only to find we have run out of petrol or the engine needs a service and we have no money to pay for one .its now up to the board to produce in terms of finance and the new ground fingers crossed

Spot on

too many times we have been running along nicely

Pause, really, when?

A chairman cost us Shawfield by trying to pull a fast one that helped us short term but left a devastating long term future

You're meant to learn from history

I agree with what's behind your general post, but let me understand this right

A statement was put out a couple of weeks ago about fans' language at away games, to the point a letter was sent to all other clubs in the league, so a moral standpoint taken...by people negotiating with money launderers?

Perhaps "His Majesty" could explain why Clyde were offered a return home - the primary obligation of any Clyde board where feasible - by the people who can make it happen (and still can) & who have weekly meetings with among others one of the Club's main sponsors - set up by recently departed director - & this hasn't been pursued in favour of options which, if we're lucky, might see us rise to the dizzy levels of Alloa?

You're out your league JA & your card's marked

spot on the bigger picture is who brings the finances in as the other members of the brother hood cant

This is an answer on the Q&A section of the Clyde website to a question asking for an update on the proposed Shettleston move:

The two clubs have been in regular contact and a number of meetings and exchanges of correspondence have been part of the normal commercial negotiation process which has not found complete agreement. The shape of the transaction and the detail has not always been easy to agree but there remains positive intent and mutual goodwill. A recent proposed meeting to bring the parties lawyers together to take the latest version of the terms forward was cancelled due to other priorities. The meeting has not yet been re-scheduled. It is not appropriate at this time to go into greater detail about the negotiations.

The one thing that has been clear about the relocation process is that timing remains completely unpredictable and consistently runs behind even pessimistic estimates, as such no indication of timing of any announcement can be given.

During the last few months two additional locations have been proposed to the club, none of them are sites we have previously had as a base and nobody has met any party to discuss any of those sites. One of them has been in the frame for consideration in the past but was rejected because it was a long term project, but because of our own delays it could return as a possibility. The other one has gone no further than being advised of the possibility. None of these are likely to be progressed when we are potentially close to a permanent solution for the club

If we are at Broadwood next season then I would be disappointed but I would rather that we don't rush this move and make sure we are getting as good a deal as we can and everything is done correctly instead of just being desperate and rushing into the deal too quickly.

Longer the Shetto thing drags on more it might not happen from past experiance...

HK i believe has been told we would a fair coin or two in his social till not to forget things like player o year nights,Cup games and crowds,Potentially league1 bigger away supports and he might even get some clyde support to shetto home games when were playin away from home ...

Broadwood or Similiar stadia in middle of nowwhere no thanks, We need a ground if not shetto like it in the middle of a community, Cafes,Pubs and local train station for last minute walk up option and to get old faces back to games on regular basis.

Archived