Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Aggro simmer down mate little bit of banter and your in bumholes again my preference would be back in rutherglen like most. But till we can find the resources for that we will be mentioned in every park that is built from here to john O grouts better to laugh it off than bit every time so head out bumholes and laugh at them mateCheers

Och keep your basque on. Why's your input 'banter' yet mine starts people crying??? It'd be different if it wasn't true....

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry's view on Clyde website. Discuss?

Agree we're in a better position this season than we were last. Certainly in the mix but need to start taking a few more chances. Defensively we seem to be pretty solid, if anyone puts a decent run together they'll pull away from the pack by the looks of it.

Is it the fact that the club is in 6th place in the table that is causing people to panic at this stage? The fact that we are only 3 pts off the top is more important. As previous posters have said defensively the team is fairly solid. It is up front where the problem is and a lot of it is confidence and goals breed confidence. Stirling Albion game will be very important and 3 pts are really a must in this. Big Marvin is a big bonus in each box as well if he retains his place that is.

Just a quick post regarding the U20 team at Clyde. I watch the team quite a lot and noticed that they were now wearing the "infamous" pink strip as their official kit.

I was then told that Barry Ferguson personally took the strips from Lee Sharp and Pat Keogh and donated them to his former boys club Mill Utd.

I honestly didn't believe it at first but I looked on the Mill Utd amateurs twitter and they have posted about the donation from BF. People may say I am stirring things by posting this but why in the hell are strips being take off our U20 team and given to some amateur team. It is an absolute disgrace if you ask me and a total lack of respect to the U20 players and coaching staff.

Is it the fact that the club is in 6th place in the table that is causing people to panic at this stage? The fact that we are only 3 pts off the top is more important. As previous posters have said defensively the team is fairly solid. It is up front where the problem is and a lot of it is confidence and goals breed confidence. Stirling Albion game will be very important and 3 pts are really a must in this. Big Marvin is a big bonus in each box as well if he retains his place that is.

Who's panicking?? Other than a two-month run of scraping wins two years ago, this is the most solid and dependable Clyde side since avoiding the drop in 2008. We signed nine players in the summer and a further two recently, with those changes keeping touch with the top is priority at this stage. We'd all have loved to have had the early results of 1998 under Maitland or 2004 under Reid or even 1986 at FirHell when with the same volume of turnover we came flying out the traps, but then again there's a reason we can pick three examples from a lifetime of supporting the club!!!

Just a quick post regarding the U20 team at Clyde. I watch the team quite a lot and noticed that they were now wearing the "infamous" pink strip as their official kit.

I was then told that Barry Ferguson personally took the strips from Lee Sharp and Pat Keogh and donated them to his former boys club Mill Utd.

I honestly didn't believe it at first but I looked on the Mill Utd amateurs twitter and they have posted about the donation from BF. People may say I am stirring things by posting this but why in the hell are strips being take off our U20 team and given to some amateur team. It is an absolute disgrace if you ask me and a total lack of respect to the U20 players and coaching staff.

Is it, aye!!! Jesus Christ at the Cameron House.

If one more person in work. Ma local or where ever tells me "Youve got a lovely stadium" re broadwood. Im gona SCREAM...!!!..

Nothing lovely about a ground in middle o nowwhere, Nearest station half hour walk one way (Thats in a nice day) & No Cafes or Decent pub to go for a drink before and after game to met friends or go with

Bit harsh, there is no doubt that Clyde as an away day isn't the best and I totally get where you're coming from with regards to it's location, it's pretty honking, like most out-of-town stadiums, however Broadwood is a nice stadium, of that there is no doubt.

Granted, it could be doing with a wee tidy up, but nothing that a pressure washer and some soapy bubbles couldn't solve.

It's the kind of place that lower league/lowland league players should want to play in.

Rangers 8-1 Clyde

Spartans 2-0 Clyde

Arbroath 4-0 Clyde

That was our record in the pink tops I believe.

thats the pink tops sorted

anybody got an idea how the problems with the cold pies ,floodlighting ,broken seats , and toilet facilities are progressing

thats the pink tops sorted

anybody got an idea how the problems with the cold pies ,floodlighting ,broken seats , and toilet facilities are progressing

Lol all in hand i'm sure. It's definitely dragging on far too much. At what point do answers become necessary??? A functioning, succesful team isn't really conjusive to demanding answers or taking anyone to task (from a lot of supporters viewpoint, at least....) contrary to many stupid beliefs on here (from the silent majority on matchdays) the whole CiC, membership and relocation debacle were always discussed at length even when Duffy's Diddies turned into Galacticos for that wonderful two-month spell two years ago. And evrn more so when they crawled over the line. Time to step up the need for answers about this....imagine the embarrasment of actually winning promotion, without a long-term strategy in place?? What a let down that would be. Not just for us mugs....why should players and management bother their arse trying to restore the team if the fucking great albatross round our neck is still there FIVE years after threatening to finally get rid of it???

aggro spot on

looks like the board have safely retired into the Broadwood bunker or they are holding their meetings in tora bora

think we need to find out what their long time plans for the future of the club where will we be playing next season ? if rumours are true and the rugby chaps are taking over deadwood then we're will we go Never been a fan of the CIC and haven't joined this year as I refuse to prop up the present chairman's regime have to say I really doubt they have the ability to come up.with any sort of plan for the future

Archived