Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's been kept under wraps and will come out in the AP tonight.

I've always wondered if there is some sort of gentlemans agreement between the club and the AP or if it's just a case of a weekly newspaper being quicker to publish news than whoever updates the website and social media.

This, would like him to sign as he is a good player but not exactly a disaster if he doesn't imo

Also rumour on BBC that Alan Martin will sign for Hamilton Accies

I agree. Depends on McCalls system also as Devlin was great going forward but dodgy defending sometimes.

Whoa whoa!!! The season has only just finished. Up & down the country all clubs are doing precisely what McCall has done this week. Players being freed or offered new terms.

Once the dust has settled, then and only then can McCall target new signings. The English Premier League this ain't. Clubs like Ayr will be reliant on picking up good pros who'd hoped for a better gig elsewhere but close to the start of the season realise nothing's coming their way. This combined with McCall's little black book of telephone numbers will hopefully see a decent side on the park.

In McCall we trust.

The problem with McCalls little black book is that it may well be out of date, I don't think he'll either be willing or able to sign many of his former players and clubs traditionally don't send players out on loan until they have settled their own squad.

Hopefully he'll have been able to watch a few players with a view signing them since he has taken over at the club. Daziel had good scouting and was offered all sorts of players, Reid was the same. Roberts relied on Scott McLaughlins mates.

Last season was our worst in 40 years, even more awful than 95/96. Re-signing the dross from this season, playing them in different positions and hoping for success seems like stretching credibility a bit. In any case, Gilmour was played in more advanced positions last season and was every bit as ineffective as he was everywhere else in the midfield.

To be honest, I think we've over hyped him a lot. I'd like him to stay, but it's becoming apparent he probably won't. Don't get me wrong, he was our best player last year, but that's not really saying much.

We'll see soon enough, i wouldn't lose sleep if he leave.

This, would like him to sign as he is a good player but not exactly a disaster if he doesn't imo

Also rumour on BBC that Alan Martin will sign for Hamilton Accies

Standard, the moment a player leaves his ability automatically halves.

Devlin had a very good season and in an ideal world he would stay but I am of the opinion that full back (especially a right back) is one of the easiest positions to replace at this level. Disappointing if he leaves, as looks likely, but it wont make or break our season.

As for signing Neill to play in midfield? :huh:

It's on the Stirling forum, no idea if the source is credible though. He mentioned McGovern along with another player that I know we are signing which adds some credibility I guess.

Does he still have something to offer at league two level?

Yes, absolutely. Would completely stroll league 2 imo. I was wanting to keep him for next season but deadlines for players to agree contracts is Friday so looking quite unlikely

Clyde FC @ClydeFC · 4m 4 minutes ago
It's been announced that goalkeeper Alan Martin is leaving Clyde and he goes with everyone's best wishes for the future.

Archived