Stirling Albion Close Season Thread

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Time will tell, one result against Hearts 2nd X1 in the 2nd half will be a bit different to when the real stuff starts in August.

I'm joking around, but with the squad we have and the performance tonight don't see why we shouldn't be up there

I'm joking around, but with the squad we have and the performance tonight don't see why we shouldn't be up there

If we can get off to a good start in our 1st game of the season against the favourites Clyde then I would hope to be their or their abouts come May.

Playoffs imo would be the minimum we should expect, whether we go up or not depends on a number of factors such as our defence keeping clean sheets and how Doris performs this season providing of course he manages to stay clear of injuries but on the 2nd half performance last night we showed promise but it's a long way to go before the fat lady sings !

Similarly, I'm at the Peak every Tuesday evening, and there's always some SAFC players dotting around.

This Tuesday there was a club official talking to an English guy about club stuff, and separately, a guy who looked like a player deep in conversation with someone, who looked like an agent.

I really enjoyed the game tonight (OK I was rooting for the Latics), great entertainment off the park as well from the Oldham supporters.

They joined in with the mini games at half time and were kind spirited, despite the nonsense from the stewards (I know they were only following orders).

My only disappointment was the half time draw being rigged to prevent me winning, but hey ho.

Cheers for a good night.

Archived