Stirling Albion Close Season Thread

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Phoenix

I really enjoyed the game tonight (OK I was rooting for the Latics), great entertainment off the park as well from the Oldham supporters.

They joined in with the mini games at half time and were kind spirited, despite the nonsense from the stewards (I know they were only following orders).

My only disappointment was the half time draw being rigged to prevent me winning, but hey ho.

Cheers for a good night.

Bit of a mix up with the half time draw.

The winning number was texted to the usual Tannoy Announcer who wasn't there!

Problem sorted shortly before full time.

Winning number 10328.

Glad you enjoyed the evening otherwise. :thumsup2

Bit of a mix up with the half time draw.

The winning number was texted to the usual Tannoy Announcer who wasn't there!

Problem sorted shortly before full time.

Winning number 10328.

Glad you enjoyed the evening otherwise. :thumsup2

We have a similar system at Starks Park, well when I say similar, it's really some daft bint waving her arms about semaphoring the information like Kate Bush in her video for Wuthering Heights.

Seriously though, a guy announces it over the PA.

Guest The Phoenix

We have a similar system at Starks Park, well when I say similar, it's really some daft bint waving her arms about semaphoring the information like Kate Bush in her video for Wuthering Heights.

Seriously though, a guy announces it over the PA.

So do we.

Our tannoy announcer, however, is situated in the Away Stand so "live" messages are texted to him to announce.

As stated, however, no one told the person who was texting the number that the usual tannoy announcer wasn't there.

So do we.

Our tannoy announcer, however, is situated in the Away Stand so "live" messages are texted to him to announce.

As stated, however, no one told the person who was texting the number that the usual tannoy announcer wasn't there.

You have a daft bint as well, who'd have thought?

Guest The Phoenix

You have a daft bint as well, who'd have thought?

That'll be Mrs Phoenix.

I'll pass on your regards. :ph34r:

Salim is awful.

Maybe the plastic pitch didn't suit him.

He was 17 when he was with Stenny, and did not appear in the first team. I don't know if played in your under 19s or under 17s , but how often did you see him in either?

Going by the Ayr fans view of him from Last season then this could be a stinker of a signing.

Surely we wouldn't have signed an overweight hasbeen? If he's fitter than he looked against Stirling last season then we shall see.

Maybe the plastic pitch didn't suit him.

He was 17 when he was with Stenny, and did not appear in the first team. I don't know if played in your under 19s or under 17s , but how often did you see him in either?

He was at Queen of the South last year, signed late Aug/early Sept and about 4 weeks later was loaned out to Shotts Bon Accord. They didn't want him back after December, he didn't get a game with the Queens first team and couldn't even get a start for the 20's in the last few months of the season. The games he did play for the 20's the general opinion of him was he was pretty poor, that said Stirling is a new challenge for him which hopefully he will take.

Going by the Ayr fans view of him from Last season then this could be a stinker of a signing.

Surely we wouldn't have signed an overweight hasbeen? If he's fitter than he looked against Stirling last season then we shall see.

Don't expect he will start much unless Doris gets injured again can only hope Skippy has made a good choice. Could maybe surprise us this season and prove a few people wrong here's hoping.

Both players are certainly in last chance saloon (although at opposite ends of their careers) going by various posts in here. Fingers crossed they seize the opportunity given to them and turn out to be 2 good signings.

Most signings at this level are a risk, Beattie looks to be in better shape (going by the Linfield photos) and I personally thought Salim looked comfortable against Hearts so 2 signings that have the potential to work out well. Certainly better than Gordon Smith/Lewis Coult and hopefully better than Chris Paton.

Archived