Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The talk of Anthony Hopkins being too old to be in this forever got me thinking. Maybe he does 2 seasons tops with one of the sentient hosts killing him off.

Think the show could change dramatically next year as they really need to leave the park for this to have legs.

I think that is where it's headed along the lines of super artificial intelligence taking over not just the park but the world..

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 13:04, 11thHour said:

I've a feeling Bernard might be a robot and something to do with Arnold. Either his personality or some other traits.

The voice in Dolores' head may be Arnold and the scenes with Bernard are actually memories of her conversations with Arnold/Bernard, hence why she's dressed and not in her night gown when he talks to her.

Mind is mush with this program, in a good way :lol:

Told ye

:) 

Gem episode this week, gem.

So who else is in that photo, seeing as we're looking at it through Bernard's eyes? 

I'm assuming you're all going at this from the perspective that Bernard can only see what he's been programmed to see, as per the door in the house in last night's episode.

Edited by Boghead ranter

So who else is in that photo, seeing as we're looking at it through Bernard's eyes? 

I'm assuming your all going at this from the perspective that Bernard can only see what he's been programmed to see, as per the door in the house in last night's episode.

Aye.

It could be bernard himself if he is actually modelled on arnold.

Or it could be somebody else that bernard and we would recognise.

32 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I actually shouted "oh f**k!" when Bernard said "it doesn't look like anything to me".

That's how long it took me to click what was going on...

I've been listening to some podcasts that have planted the seed of it for me, but I didn't really believe it until he said he couldn't see the door. Then my missus piped up with, "Well, maybe he really couldn't see it. It's dark after all." She twigged at the same point you did.

All of which reminded me of watching The Sixth Sense with my old mum. I'd already seen it, she hadn't. And so she sat through it all and didn't react at all at the end and then announced, "What, were we supposed to not know Bruce Willis was dead?"

Edited by MSU

Just watched that episode on catch up. Absolute scenes there. I twigged the Bernard thing when he couldn't see a totally fucking obvious door. However board bitch's reaction when it dawned on her what was happening was fantastic television, and Hopkins' transformation from slightly eccentric "creator" was chilling. 

Fucking brilliant. 

Some thoughts

The old hosts were different, skeletal and metallic. New hosts seem to have flesh and blood. Now that we know Ford is a murderous psycho you wonder where the flesh is coming from. We have no idea what the outside world is like or what he date is.

Ford is playing god or there's a bigger agenda or twist?

Dolores definitely is a pivotal character. She's been there since that start probably. Ford knows her outside of the park. I think Will is Ed Harris and something happens that makes him come back trying to get his old relationship back but she's been wiped or reset somehow. Now Harris/MIB guy is going apeshit trying to f**k up the park or find the meaning behind it. Ford is playing along like it's a challenge to him.

I can't see Hopkins being there for more than two series TBH. Hope I'm wrong though as he's fantastic in it.