Brechin v Alloa

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing am volunteering for 6 hrs and you !!!!

6 hours?!?! Surely sorting out the playlist doesn't take that long?

That doesn't make it right !!! To publicly announce this scam before any money is handed over will surely put a lot of people off.

The paying public have rights.

You'd be paying the same anyway. It's not like they'd drop the price by £2 - £16 is the normal admission.

Who's going to be put off going to a football match because the club are donating to a food bank out of their own profits? You'd need to be a seriously heidbanging right-winger to be pissed about that :lol:

And your rights are that you can not go, so don't. But have a word with yourself if your problem is the charity angle as opposed to the steep price. Might want to hope you don't turn us over today too, as our prices are cheap for the Championship.

You'd be paying the same anyway. It's not like they'd drop the price by £2 - £16 is the normal admission.

Who's going to be put off going to a football match because the club are donating to a food bank out of their own profits? You'd need to be a seriously heidbanging right-winger to be pissed about that :lol:

And your rights are that you can not go, so don't. But have a word with yourself if your problem is the charity angle as opposed to the steep price. Might want to hope you don't turn us over today too, as our prices are cheap for the Championship.

My first statement kind of sums up my feelings. Brechin dropped their prices on Wednesday as a wee thank you to the fans. They are also subsidising travel for supporters travelling today.

As far as I can see there is a bit of grumbling among your own support that Alloa are charging full price. Especially when you see clubs like Hibs only charging £15 for their play off .

The point I was trying to make is that it looks like Alloa have charged full price and possibly had a wee guilt trip and announced the charity statement to try and save face.

I will be going nonetheless despite my protestations. It will be interesting to see how many home fans don't though !

I object to donating to any charity without my consent. Therefore I shall offer £14 at the gate .

This my main gripe and the cynical way it has been announced. I'd rather the club had just said it's £16, our standard price. If they want to donate to a local charity, fine, that's up to them. I think they've scored an own goal here.

Nice game today. Very even in the first half, and both teams played well. We made the mystifying decision to sit on our lead at half time, bringing on Holmes at the expense of Chopra, and it didn't go too well. Brechin knocked on the door for quite a while, and were a bit unfortunate that it took them so long to finally score. Several Brechin players showed a lot of dribbling and close-control ability. Ref seemed to do just fine, except possibly for his decision to book Big Ben for allowing the ball to pass him, of all things. Bene took a card too for lip, which I don't think is the first time since joining us. Don't know what the laddie said, but it must've been really loud and really offensive, as the ref had to run over from a good ten yards away. I like to think he's been possessed by Pazuzu at these times, as you can understand the referee filling his slacks at having "your mother sucks cocks in hell" growled at him by a demon. Need to try the pea soup next time for added emphasis.

Christ, where was I? Poor tactical choice IMO, but we're through to the big bunnet showdown. Hard lines for Brechin; you look like you've got a very decent team there, and hopefully you can get going earlier next season and have a real shot at the title. We'll do our best to make sure that you have the opportunity to do so at the expense of Forfar ;)

Missed Doyle's early injury, but he looked like he was in a lot of pain as they stretchered him off. Wanted to hold his hand and tell him he'd be OK, but then I am a big girl, after all :P

Not a great game today. Glad to eek our way over the finish line but if we play like that against Forfar then it'll probably be League 1 for us next season.

Had Chopra converted one of his chances in the first half then we'd probably have had an easy afternoon but that just isn't the Alloa way. A very nervy last 10-15 minutes thanks to the goal, which came after one of our few forays into the Brechin half during the second half. I think had the scoreline coming into this game been a little tighter we would have seen another more high-intensity home performance we've come to expect under Lennon so far but the players seemed a little less marauding today and a bit more tentative. Understandable perhaps.

The referee (Crawford Allan) was poor today and didn't help matters by allowing two-handed shoves regularly go and ignoring handballs, laughing at the protests from players, management and fans as he did so. Reminded me of Colin Hardie and Andrew Dallas, referees headline grabbers who think they're there to be the centre of attention as opposed to the actual footballing side of things. As what seems to happen in most games these days, bookable challenges (both teams) went unpunished early doors and the cards only came out near the end. There were a few challenges in the game (again, both teams) where standing players were out-jumped by the players running in to the challenge and there were quite a few awkward landings as a result. More often than not, no free-kick was awarded and play was allowed to run on until he eventually decided to halt proceedings to allow the physios on. Two or three times today we kicked the ball back to the Brechin goalkeeper from a drop ball due to this.

The worst decision had to be Ben Gordon's yellow card at the end though. A Brechin player ran (or challenged) for the ball but couldn't keep it in play near the halfway line (dugout area) so he just kept running, picked the ball up, then threw it down the park. There were two Alloa players in the vicinity of where the ball went out of play so if he was really wanting to get on with play quickly then the option was there for him, think he was just frustrated instead and knew the game was getting away from them. As such HE should've been the one booked for time-wasting but because Ben let the ball roll past him, Allan booked him instead. At full-time, about two minutes later, the referee went over to Ben to shake his hand and was met by two outstretched arms instead with Ben querying why he'd just been carded. I don't know what was said but the referee reached for his card again. Mark Docherty had seen what was happening and managed to get in the way and offer his hand for Allan to shake. Allan shook Sparky's hand, Gordon sneaked off, Allan put his card away and I'm really hoping that's how things ended as he'd be an absolutely massive loss for the final, especially with Doyle out too.

On the subject of Doyle being missing, I know we have Ferguson who seems to be a solid enough defender but he doesn't have the attacking side to his game yet that Doyle does. Was Tiffoney there today? He has both aspects to his game and knows our system and players better. Just a query, would still be happy enough if Ferguson gets the nod.

A good noisy support from Brechin today, before and after their goal. Applauded and chanted their team off at the end after a fairly successful league season...not forgetting they had a good win today either!

Anyway, on to Station Park (my favourite away ground). Not too bothered if we don't win, would just be happy enough if we're still in the tie come Sunday and hopefully we'll turn in a good performance at home to keep us in the Championship.

Archived