Johnnies v Terrors - Sat 9 May 2015

Getting told off for shouting at the football is a personal low point now. Apparently im not allowed to shout near peoples children but the childrens parents are. Grand.

You are a bit of a heads gone seething mess tbf.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are a bit of a heads gone seething mess tbf.

I was today, for some reason. Linesman smirking and shaking his head after flagging offside against a ten yard onside Tam Scobbie boiled the old kettle though

That offside was preposterous. Ten yards on is generous in the extreme, possibly nearer 20 given he was only just beyond the last defender when he received the ball, and it had traveled the full width of the pitch for him to run on to.

Think we are playing away ok but the last few games it's like we are playing with ten men as MacLean is just no where near at a level where he should be on the pitch. He is being carried by team mates . Sad to say but from my perspective it's like the latest injury has been one to many and he is on the decline. Kane in 5 mins made two great runs and involved in a lot more. Time has come to drop macca for Kane.

That offside was preposterous. Ten yards on is generous in the extreme, possibly nearer 20 given he was only just beyond the last defender when he received the ball, and it had traveled the full width of the pitch for him to run on to.

This was the one which he failed to control and fell over allowing the ball to run harmlessly out of play for a goal kick? Not crucial imo.

At one point we broke up the park quickly and the ball was rolled back to where you'd expect your right back to be stepping on to it to cross for your centre forward to attack. A blue shirt did indeed arrive to play the cross. But instead of Mackay swinging it in for Maclean to attack, it was Maclean crossing to no-one. I have absolutely no idea why the hell he was back there with virtually the whole midfield ahead of him when I'm not sure he was involved earlier in the move. It's a regular occurrence as well.

I'm all for his general link up play but when it results in us having no attacking threat like that then it becomes less useful.

This was the one which he failed to control and fell over allowing the ball to run harmlessly out of play for a goal kick? Not crucial imo.

Cant remember what happened after as i spent the preceeding minutes spewing forth rage, but it was a cross field ball from our right to left, that Scobbie ran onto and chested down (then probably fucked up as you said, it was Scobbie). It wasnt crucial and even if we'd created something we'd have missed it anyway, its just incredible the linesman genuinely saw it as offside.

Getting told off for shouting at the football is a personal low point now. Apparently im not allowed to shout near peoples children but the childrens parents are. Grand.

At risk of appearing a stalker Random but do you sit in the very front row at half way line section of the East Stand?

Thought United were very poor yesterday. The defenders they have aren't bad players but as a unit, they just didn't look right, highlighted by the number of times Saints got in behind. There was one occasion early on where Mackay only had to play the simplest of passes to set O'Halloran in on goal, unfortunately his ball across was put miles off target by Wotherspoon, I don't rate Butcher at all and thought Souttar was very quiet whilst Erskine was dreadful, although a pitch like ours is never going to suit a player like him. He was caught in possession and robbed numerous times though. Despite a good header for the goal, Muirhead was otherwise bullied throughout and didn't think he worked particularly hard, which is the least you expect from a young player coming into the side.

The positive was obviously Ciftci. One of those players you'd love to have in your own side. Previously United have had a few of those but he's really the only one left.

The football we've played since the split has been much better and probably should have yielded more than 5 points but if we can maintain that level of performance against Celtic and Aberden and it's only good enough for fifth, then so be it.

Have to agree with every word there Radford. Just before United's goal I said to the guy next to me that is seen them serve up some shite against us recently but that this was as bad as they had been. We just didn't capitalise though and it summed up our season really.

When I saw the line ups yesterday I was quietly confident given the utter lack of creativity in that United team, Ciftci excepted. Rarely has O'Halloran has such an easy time getting behind a defence.

However, firepower failed us, yet again.

We've played well against Celtic every time this season. There's a lot lot of soon and gloom merchants going around but it's hardly like United have two easy games to finish off, especially given their current form.

Does anyone have any idea what formation Dundee United actually used? It just seemed to be 4 defenders, 4, midfielders and 2 forwards thrown on the pitch and told to play. Their left side was absolutely gagging to be exploited.

It's awful, that formation. Genuinely don't understand why he dropped everyone from our very good performance against Aberdeen last week. Three centre mids and then Erskine failing to stay on the wing meant there was absolutely no room at all for Souttar to do anything.

I know they lost to Inverness on Tuesday, but they conditions were terrible (for both teams). He should be sticking with a team for a few games.

Don't get me started with his substitutions. Bringing on Scott Smith after he played 90 minutes on Thursday was a particular highlight.

Scott Smith was brought on and appeared to play wide left which was totally bizarre considering we had both Connolly and Spittal on the bench. I mentioned this after the game yesterday but it does feel as though we don't actually have a game plan. Countless games this season it has felt like we just throw together a team and send them out there to just try and play football but with no direction or structure, no inventiveness at set-pieces (our throw ins do my fucking head in and no real communication between the coaches and the players. The defence is playing well below their capabilities and the midfield has no shape.

The St Johnstone fans appear to becoming increasingly angry at their predicament. Third rate strikers deciding that Ross County are a bigger team and by all accounts that Turkish team have already forgotten who they are.

Archived