Family Shame

FuzzyAffro

Folk that pretend they voted yes are the worst. I work with a couple, one late 50's, baby boomer, decent house paid off etc. Just an I'm alright jack ignorant knobend. Likes to join in with the chat and pretend he's one of the good guys but he's as staunch a no as you could find.

Alright jack sums up about half of the no vote at least. Scum.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright jack sums up about half of the no vote at least. Scum.

Totally, there was no threat to those types either their lives would have been exactly the same. But they are that grippit and self-interested the merest of suggestion 30 pence might have been knocked off their house price or any tax might have risen at all ever and they threw their whole country under the bus.

Utter c***s.

Myself & My Mum are solid SNP/Yes Voters.

Sister (first eligible election) is torn between SNP & Green. Won't complain.

My Dad on the other hand. Guy doesn't say a bad word about Thatcher or Cameron, voted No in September is switching to Labour after voting Tory for 30 years.

Mostly positive.

Most of my close family have voted Labour / Lib Dem in the past, but became Yes supporters relatively late on in the referendum campaign and are now certain SNP voters. My uncle has been a big SNP activist for years but he and his family are in Dumfriesshire unfortunately.

My gran has been a huge independence supporter since before I was born so I don't need to worry about convincing elderly relatives like many people.

2hp7u35.jpg

My Mum has said twice 'that UKIP guy talks a lot of sense'

My Dad is a quiet RedRob

One sister will almost certainly vote Tory as she's pig-headed and rich

Your Dad sounds like a good lad, he's no need to be quiet about it though!! :)

You would get on but he's not as 'staunch' its just ingrained beliefs from growing up a working class Protestant in the west of Scotland a few decades ago. There's a lot of people out there like that.

I'm not really that familiar with the west coast but would hope people growing up there now are a lot less attached to those beliefs, surely the numbers are coming down. I would hope so anyway.

You would get on but he's not as 'staunch' its just ingrained beliefs from growing up a working class Protestant in the west of Scotland a few decades ago. There's a lot of people out there like that.

I'm not really that familiar with the west coast but would hope people growing up there now are a lot less attached to those beliefs, surely the numbers are coming down. I would hope so anyway.

Nothing wrong with being in tune with your roots at all, but younger folk where I live, just want a chance that gives them a stable job and a home. I haven't tried to ingrain any 'beliefs' on my Children, they will all find their own way!

We are an SNP household by vote likes, not card carrying members.

My shame is mty cousin across the border. On Facebook all the c**t does is post ukip links & daily mail stories.

I keep reminding him of where he comes from & that it was only 3 generations ago our family were the immigrants he so readily despises now.

I don't know whether to delete him off fb or bombard the c**t with candy crush game requests?

Grimbo

The girlfriend is a no voter but will be voting SNP. Although she says she would vote Green if she could.

Her family is all over the shop though. Mum & Dad: Labour, Mum's BF: UKIP, Sister: Green, Nana: Tory. An absolute clusterfuck. Her sister and nana were no voters as well, the other 3 are English and were all living down south at the time (although her dad has moved back up), so didn't get a vote last year obviously.

My family are all SNP though; Mum, Sister, Brother, Sister-in-law all voting SNP. No idea about my Dad though, hoping he votes for the good guys though. My mum is pretty superb, she's 65 this year and was turning up at Yes rallies last year and is all about the SNP and independence. She's that passionate that it took me about 3 months to tell her my missus had voted no. :lol:

I don't think I have any immediate or otherwise family shame. I have one rangers supporting set of cousins but I don't even know if they voted no, I suspect they were split. I know for a fact they're not voting labour though as they can't stand the local candidate so in a 2 horse race, even not voting is good for us. I also have a no voting cousin/aunt but they're from bearsden so I was kinda expecting it.

You would get on but he's not as 'staunch' its just ingrained beliefs from growing up a working class Protestant in the west of Scotland a few decades ago.

Thankfully that will start to die out I reckon

Archived