Family Shame

FuzzyAffro

My parents have refused to tell me who they vote for but I am sure they are tories based on previous comments, they did vote Yes at least :-)

My in-laws, well they live in England and therefore can't vote for the SNP but to be honest they are pretty much tories as well.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four quotes from various workmates in the last half hour

"What's that party with the 'k' in it?"

"I think UKIP will win 65-70 seats."

"Why can't SNP win more than 59 seats?"

"I think a lot of people will be voting against SNP after all the violence in Glasgow"

We overestimate the electorate.

Dad's voting Robert Smith on a personal vote despite voting Yes. :(

Even though I'm voting Eck a wee bit jealous of my relatives in Paisley who get to give Wee Dougie a kicking.

Ooft.. where to start.

Good guys first;

Mum, step dad and my sister and her husband are all yes voters and pro-SNP.

Grandparents voted no but will be voting SNP as they've done for years apparently!

Dad. Probably wont vote. If he does, it'll be SNP. Same with my step mum.

Brother... he voted SNP last time but has been linking some very right wing shite (Britain first and all the related guff) on his facebook for months. I fear he may go UKIP, although wouldn't be overly surprised if he voted SNP.

I have loads of uncles and cousins. I suspect most of them voted no, but will end up voting SNP to keep out the Tories. They're not very switched on politically. Some of them are very well off, so wouldn't be too surprised if they voted for the Tories. The common theme seems to be that they all don't like labour.

All my immediate family voted yes and are voting SNP.

I've got number of relatives down south, all Labour voters and despise us voting SNP. They are certainly on the 'right' side of Labour.

Are you sure? The Labour "left", especially in the unions, are even more anti-SNP than the Labour "right". The unions, especially Unite, see Miliband as "their man" and are desperate for total power.

Dad's voting Robert Smith on a personal vote despite voting Yes. :(

Even though I'm voting Eck a wee bit jealous of my relatives in Paisley who get to give Wee Dougie a kicking.

Not a huge SNP fan but voting them and kicking that smug git out of a job is going to be....pleasing.

Are you sure? The Labour "left", especially in the unions, are even more anti-SNP than the Labour "right". The unions, especially Unite, see Miliband as "their man" and are desperate for total power.

They were certainly supporters of David over Ed but then again so were many in the Labour Party.

There's a real lack of understanding about the SNP from many living in rUK and it's something I feel you just can't get unless you live up here. Perhaps it's similar to many here (myself included) who don't see the appeal of UKIP down south...although I'd hate for that to look like a comparison of SNP-UKIP.

Four quotes from various workmates in the last half hour

"What's that party with the 'k' in it?"

"I think UKIP will win 65-70 seats."

"Why can't SNP win more than 59 seats?"

"I think a lot of people will be voting against SNP after all the violence in Glasgow"

We overestimate the electorate.

A colleague at work who's normally quite intelligent has bet me the SNP won't get more than twenty seats. Stake - one Mars bar. I offered to up the stakes to, well basically my house and children, but he's bottled it. So, not that daft then.

A colleague at work who's normally quite intelligent has bet me the SNP won't get more than twenty seats. Stake - one Mars bar. I offered to up the stakes to, well basically my house and children, but he's bottled it. So, not that daft then.

It will depend on how many seats they can fiddle.

My dad has a fairly bigoted view point. Didn't vote labour due to Rupublicans and Catholics. He's now convinced himself that they have now all moved to the SNP and will happily vote Labour.

My sister and her family are shameful. She, her man and her sons have all voted for The Nats.

My auld dear donned hat and coat, refused my offer of a taxi and cast her vote for the Tory candidate as she has done for decades. Good girl.

My girlfriend told me she would vote Conservative.

To be fair, she did grow up in a Communist country in the last 10 years of Communism.

But she's one of these foreign types who can't vote anyway, so nae joy to her.

My sister is voting Labour, she seems to be very anti Scottish in most ways. Bit strange. My dad was a Tory member so he'll probably stick with them, my mums also a hardcore labour voter.

I was the only Yes voter in my entire family, including uncles and aunts etc. I'm the last of my current family tree so I better have some decent children in the future.

Archived