Family Shame

FuzzyAffro

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least you've been able to convert her, mine are out of reach except my Mum who won't vote anyway.

It was the constant insults towards Scotland from the unionist parties and press, and the blatant media bias against the SNP, that converted her in the end. I only gave minor nudges.

Don't know how she couldn't see those things in 2010 though. One of my aunties voted for Cameron too, and will likely go full UKIP this time.

My parents are both voting SNP, my mum's side of the family are all voting SNP, my old gran will probably vote Labour because she's an absolute dinosaur

My sister (too young to vote) is an #SNPOut type and tried to convince me to vote for the Tories, my best friends are both voting Tory (Although one of them voted Yes and convinced me that Scotland's independence is inevitable)

Quite surprised by the number of young people voting Tory. On my facebook feed it's all Green/Labour with bits of the SNP mixed in but when I asked some mates when we studied together over the last few days a lot of them are voting Tory. Mind you I'm at Edinburgh uni and a load of my mates were private schooled so maybe it's not all that surprising.

My cousin would happily vote BNP if they were standing and I believe has done in European elections. My cousin doesn't like immigrants. Or people who were born here if they're not white. Or protestant. Or straight. Or a Rangers fan. Or has read books.

My cousin's a c**t.

My cousin would happily vote BNP if they were standing and I believe has done in European elections. My cousin doesn't like immigrants. Or people who were born here if they're not white. Or protestant. Or straight. Or a Rangers fan. Or has read books.

My cousin's a c**t.

Book reading b*****ds. You're only book reading b*****ds.

My mum, pre-referendum, was saying that if it was a Yes, "them Cafflick's" will finally get what they've wanted for so long, the break up of the union.

They live in Helensburgh, so I dread to think what she makes of Brendan O'Hara's imminent win in Argyll and Bute, given his comments regarding Celtic signing Scott Brown to get it up the H Words That Shall Not Be Named... edit: and his surname. O'Hara, by Christ!!!1

My family are all a bunch of raging Britnats. My dads side is solid Tory (my gran won't vote labour after Russell Brown turned down her planning permission 20 odd years ago.) Grandparents on my mums side is Lib Dem (Scottish Borders) but they are basically Tory in everything but voting: anti immigration and anti Scottish Parliament let alone independence. My sister is a Labour voter and my mum is the closest to voting SNP but she'll shite it and vote Labour.

My family are all a bunch of raging Britnats. My dads side is solid Tory (my gran won't vote labour after Russell Brown turned down her planning permission 20 odd years ago.) Grandparents on my mums side is Lib Dem (Scottish Borders) but they are basically Tory in everything but voting: anti immigration and anti Scottish Parliament let alone independence. My sister is a Labour voter and my mum is the closest to voting SNP but she'll shite it and vote Labour.

Which just goes to show, there is always one good guy in every family :)

My mum usually votes for Lib Dems but voted Yes and has switched to SNP.

My dad has voted for a host of parties before (including SNP) and voted Labour last time out. He really doesn't like the SNP now and voted no. He's voting Lib Dems because he always votes and is intentionally voting for them because they can't win, so he won't feel guilty about his vote helping an SNP /Labour win, both of who he dislikes.

I imagine my uncle will vote Labour because he's old and stupid

All my close family know the score, have some extended family who are undoubtedly Tories though. Grandparents will be Labour or anyone who isn't SNP. No Ukippers thankfully, at least that I know of.

I know this was a big issue during the referendum, but I can only assume that in 20 years or so the death toll in Scotland will have taken a larger chunk of Labour and Tory than any other group proportionately.

Archived