Pre-Season Friendlies Fixtures/Results/Everything Else In-Between

Other than a good 15 minute spell during which Blackpool scored, thought it was a fairly controlled performance from Saints generally and decent run ahead of next week. Positive that a couple of the injured players were able to feature as it eases concerns slightly ahead of the Hearts game. Main concern would be how Sutton is going to do as he hasn't looked a fit at all so far. I remain to be convinced that it will work out for him at Saints.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was disappointed in Sutton, although we didn't really play to his strengths,apart from a couple of early crosses first half that he didn't attack, all the youngsters added more urgency, Broony pressed and passed well, Thompson was really lively, getting to the line and crosses in, and Kane's movement was better than the other strikers too.

Kane must be giving the manager food for thought. Four goals in pre-season and he's getting other chances too. I know Sutton has grabbed a couple but he's not looked much of a threat at all in the games I've seen. Think we all know that Sutton will start next week though. Just have to hope Kane gets his chance early into the season if the others aren't delivering.

Sutton is a very limited footballer but he's magic in the box and doesn't miss many sitters.

His hold up play isn't great, he's slow, he can't play upfront on his own and spends a lot of the game on his arse. My mates and I used to bet how long before his shirt was dirty it rarely was after 5 minutes.

If you don't use him properly then you'll find him very frustrating. Still he's handsome as f**k

Lukaku scored a hatrick against hearts today, we have him on tuesday. f**k.

Two were penalties, though. He was actually quite wasteful. :lol:

I was surprised they had a full team out. Like when we played Spurs, the gap in both quality and physicality was massive. We gave quite a few young players game time though so they'll certainly know what's required if they ever want to play in the EPL.

I was surprised they had a full team out. Like when we played Spurs, the gap in both quality and physicality was massive. We gave quite a few young players game time though so they'll certainly know what's required if they ever want to play in the EPL.

Lukaka is an absolute beast of a man aswell. The thought of him running at gary Irvine is scaring the shite out of me never mind how gary feels! The quality on the ball and in possession will be night and day.

What was the score?

No messing from Everton today - a full strength team and no subs for the first hour. Very classy and physical outfit. In contrast Hearts are still messing about with experimental formations and playing teenagers. I know we had players like Pallardo, Buaben, Augustyn and Juanma injured so perhaps we had little option. We really need the new Nigerian left- back to sign-up this week as McHattie was the source of virtually all Everton's threats - they tore him to pieces. The plus points were good performances by McGhee, Paterson, Rossi and Alexander. Billy King and Jamie Walker did some good work as well. Good header by Paterson for our goal but Everton bossed it and should have won by more than 3-1. Willie Collum is simply a shocking referee although he's not the reason we lost.

Everton should've had 3/4 more goals tbh, lukaku is huge! Hes great with the ball at his feet and mirrales took the piss all game. That said Hearts weren't at full strength but we were pretty shit, Everton had a full team out pretty much, so not a kick in the arse off 100 million worth of talent.

Archived