Forfar vs Alloa

Guest bernardblack

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the best to the Loons over the 2 legs, been a couple of times to station park over the years always had good crack with the fans before during and after the game, just out of curiosity how much does each team get for the game being screened on alba?

Can we play fast Eddie?

I remember a few years back David Gormley returned to Alloa at the end of a loan spell at Elgin and there was speculation he would be in our squad for the play-offs but the rules prohibited it. I don't think we're short of options up front anyway to justify Eddie coming back in even if he was available. That said, I think he got an assist with a free kick on the winning goal at our last game at Forfar :)

The loss of Doyle to injury is a big blow here, he has been like his old self in recent weeks and whilst we have options to cover his defensive duties I don't think there is a like for like change in terms of his bombing runs down the flank. That could badly affect our ability to stretch Forfar, something we would be looking to do against such an old defence. A few calls for the manager in how he deals with this and other gaps caused by injuries.

It will be a tough game and whilst we are capable of the win, it would certainly be a decent result to go back to Alloa level.

I said a couple of weeks back that if we couldn't beat Cowden we'd deserve to go down. The same applied to facing Brechin over 2 games and now Forfar. It will be a real battle but it's also entirely in our hands. We have seen some epic Alloa performances this season, two more please boys ;)

Guest bernardblack

What? Are you really that stupid?

I did use the term miracle.

It would be miraculous to find a stream.

Guest bernardblack

Don't you get alba on sky?

Just down for a few days with work.

I'm willing to find a bar and pay the barman handsomely to show that instead off the champs league.

Would be happy to travel with the tie still level but if we can produce the kind of blitz we gave Stranraer last week who knows?

Have always fancied that the team that finished 9th in the Championship would win the play-offs, particularly after Cowdenbeath beat us at home in the cup, now we're here though no reason we can't progress with two good performances.

I remember a few years back David Gormley returned to Alloa at the end of a loan spell at Elgin and there was speculation he would be in our squad for the play-offs but the rules prohibited it. I don't think we're short of options up front anyway to justify Eddie coming back in even if he was available. That said, I think he got an assist with a free kick on the winning goal at our last game at Forfar :)

The loss of Doyle to injury is a big blow here, he has been like his old self in recent weeks and whilst we have options to cover his defensive duties I don't think there is a like for like change in terms of his bombing runs down the flank. That could badly affect our ability to stretch Forfar, something we would be looking to do against such an old defence. A few calls for the manager in how he deals with this and other gaps caused by injuries.

It will be a tough game and whilst we are capable of the win, it would certainly be a decent result to go back to Alloa level.

I said a couple of weeks back that if we couldn't beat Cowden we'd deserve to go down. The same applied to facing Brechin over 2 games and now Forfar. It will be a real battle but it's also entirely in our hands. We have seen some epic Alloa performances this season, two more please boys ;)

Michael Travis 22

Michael Dunop 22

Darren Dods 39

Michael Kennedy 19

Such an old defence

According to the SPFL Website: http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/referees-for-forthcoming-games-30/

The second leg of this game takes place at 7:45 on Sunday evening. Is this accurate? I'd have been tempted to do a playoff double header if it was, but I don't see any way back from Alloa on the train after the game.

Don't let facts disrupt the trotting out of the "Forfar's squad is full of old folk" patter.

Much ado about nothing really. and not sure why this is in quotes as it clearly wasn't what was said. Perhaps you're going on what's been said by others in the past.

Malcolm (35) and Dods (39) were Forfar's centre half pairing for the first leg versus Stranraer and Malcolm sat out the second leg due to suspension. I'd imagine this is what Waspie was referring to. If you were to include Rab Douglas to those two then the centre of the Forfar defence has nearly 120 years between them. Whether Malcolm plays or not, the ages of your defenders and goalkeeper don't matter too much as they've obviously served you well to get your team into this current situation.

Don't let facts disrupt the trotting out of the "Forfar's squad is full of old folk" patter.

Forfar do have the highest average age of any squad playing in the SPFL, 28.8 years with the next closest being St Johnstone on 28.5. The closest in League One is Peterhead whose average is 28.0.

The patter therefore may be used legitimately.

You'd never know I'm on study leave, would you :lol:

According to the SPFL Website: http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/referees-for-forthcoming-games-30/

The second leg of this game takes place at 7:45 on Sunday evening. Is this accurate? I'd have been tempted to do a playoff double header if it was, but I don't see any way back from Alloa on the train after the game.

Nah it's 5.30 kick off!

Archived