Forfar vs Alloa

Guest bernardblack

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Forfar deserved the win and with the 3rd goal could prove crucial in the 2ng leg.

The senior players came good, big rab with a couple of top saves along with Daren Dods who won everything to Templeman up top who deserved the MOM.

There's a good balance and mix at Forfar and all the best to them on Sunday

We will have to start 100mph on Sunday, club will have to do something with the pricing to get the fans out on Sunday afternoon

Yep, if they've got the cheek to charge £16 after that shambles tonight they can f**k right off.

Well done to Forfar. Showed us how to score goals.

Alloa keeper had a mare..... 1st choice or just a bad night @ office ??

He wasn't our first choice under Smith but since Danny came in he was his first choice and he's not really conceded goals but tonight he was terrible.

He looked a nervous wreck and his jumping up on the spot for 3rd goal was odd n obscure. Weve had our few share over the Years,Feel your pain...

Ps. Why was their a red.white n blue flag in a good looking forfar support...

Sebu was across from france

Ach well, good result for Stenny tonight. With any luck they stay up. Always like going through. And as mentioned earlier the return to Peterheid awaits.

Why was Meggatt on the bench? Injury related or dropped?

Must be injured. No way we would have played a makeshift defence if he'd been fit. Why he was even on the bench when injured is anyones guess.

Well, that was impressive, in some way. I guess. Felt like an entertaining game, at least. Well done to Forfar - looked as good as any of the part-time sides I've seen this season, and better than a few of the full-timers too.

There have been a few opposition fans during the season who've wondered why Gibson ended up as our second choice keeper - there's your answer. That's how he was in the first half-dozen games or so, and McDowell looked a solid shot-stopper by comparison. The shape of our defence was terrible in general tonight; all over the shop at times. Thought we looked OK apart from that, and I couldn't believe that we hadn't scored before Benny's header finally went in. Chopra's finishing is officially terrible now; his overall play makes him worth having, but he cannae score to save himself.

The ref was terrible for both sides; we just happened to get the worst of it. I think Liam did himself no favours at all with that silly (and obvious) wee dive early on; the ref gave us nothing after that

Jim Duffy is an utter roaster. McCord our MoM? His passing was terrible today, aside for the set-up to that honking Chopra miss. Hetherington was the real stand-out, although the way Benny kept himself going after that second goal is also worth a mention. Would've been easy for him to retreat into himself after being dominated in the air so easily, but he seemed more determined than ever afterwards. We'd have been much worse off without him today.

Losing 2-1 would've seemed fair to me, considering our mistakes, but that third goal really rankles. It came at the end of a long period we'd been on top of, and was as soft as you're likely to see. Frankly furious about it and, whether or not we go down, there'd better be a big improvement by Sunday or...I'll...do hee-haw about it and renew my book like nothing ever happened *sigh*

Archived