The 56 in Westminster!

If David Cameron had said behave yourself jock, wos would have posted about it for months

Probably but they're not equivalent so your point is pretty stupid.

If he'd said 'behave yourself man' to a man, this wouldn't be a story or an issue. What he said wasn't sexist but he obviously did give opponents an easy kick at him so he probably shouldn't have said it.

What Cameron said was arguably more patronising but i don't think it was particularly sexist either and I doubt many of the people defending Salmond were attacking Cameron at the time.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably but they're not equivalent so your point is pretty stupid.

If he'd said 'behave yourself man' to a man, this wouldn't be a story or an issue. What he said wasn't sexist but he obviously did give opponents an easy kick at him so he probably shouldn't have said it.

What Cameron said was arguably more patronising but i don't think it was particularly sexist either and I doubt many of the people defending Salmond were attacking Cameron at the time.

Exactly this. I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with any of their statements, but it was obvious that some people would kick up a fuss about it and try to make it into a bigger deal than it was, so better to have said nothing.

He said "Behave woman". Cameron in the past had said "calm down dear". Both slightly sexist and patronising to women. Not the worst offence, but both rightly pulled up on it.

The term 'dear' was clearly more demeaning than 'woman'.

Has anyone explained how this is different from saying 'Calm down man'?

I would agree with the poster who said it's silly in the sense that he knows everyone is gunning for him so shouldn't be giving them an opportunity.

Daft of him to say it - but storm in a teacup.

Arguing semantics regarding what's worse. Really?

Seems to me that he doesn't think any of them are offensive unlike you and your desperate attempt to claim the moral high ground.

He said "Behave woman". Cameron in the past had said "calm down dear". Both slightly sexist and patronising to women. Not the worst offence, but both rightly pulled up on it.

There is nothing sexist in calling a woman a woman FFS.

And I can't be bothered with the 'be specific' nonsense. If you can't see it on your own I'm not wasting my time spelling it out. Sorry.

Yet another claim made by yourself that you fail to substantiate. See above. So you won't waste your time spelling out why you made a claim but will waste your time telling me that you won't waste your time. Right you are.

I'd say it's more sexist claiming that calling a woman a woman is sexist. Just saying.

Exactly, don't know what the daft bint's getting her knickers in a twist about. Probably got the painters in.

Seriously

Can't believe this to be honest

Unbelievable

Every single tiny thing that anybody associated with the SNP does becomes the main story every single day, mountains out of fucking molehills

f**k off

Seriously

Can't believe this to be honest

Unbelievable

Every single tiny thing that anybody associated with the SNP does becomes the main story every single day, mountains out of fucking molehills

f**k off

Dont worry about it,its all the poor wee lambs have got left to clutch onto

Dont worry about it,its all the poor wee lambs have got left to clutch onto

I don't think Salmond should've said it

But c'mon to f**k eh

It's all I see on my twitter, everyone's speaking about this instead of the other news that came out today

There is nothing sexist in calling a woman a woman FFS.

It depends on the context tbh. If I told someone to "behave woman" in a meeting at work id be pulled up on it. I would think most people would just accept he was a bit silly and move on.

It was a foolish comment to make. The connotations of it are 'old boys club' and putting this silly women back in her place.

He's using her gender to imply that she is inferior when there is absolutely no need to do so.

So is it sexist to call Bruce Jenner a man or a woman

No, that's just deliberately misgendering Caitlyn Jenner. I believe it would be classed as "transphobia" as opposed to "sexism".

Really?! This is news?! I'd have expected this to be a story if he was like, 'Get back in the fucking kitchen you shouldn't be allowed to vote never mind play politics'.

Just a dreadful point of attack really on a slow news day.

Ooft.

Amazing how the tribe closes ranks when it's one of theirs. I'm absolutely disgusted at a few posters in particular at their selective hand-wringing regarding sexism against women, unless of course this is them turning over a new leaf.

Archived