Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britain's two biggest unions, Unite and Unison, now back Corbyn:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33707321

Jeremy Corbyn backed by Unison and Unite for Labour leader
_84562948_028311057-1.jpg

Left wing MP Jeremy Corbyn has the backing of the UK's two largest trade unions after Unison followed Unite in endorsing him to be Labour's next leader.

The public services union said Yvette Cooper was its second choice.

Initially seen as an outsider in the contest, some bookmakers now make Mr Corbyn the favourite to replace Ed Miliband.

The BBC's Norman Smith said: "The Corbyn bandwagon rolls on."

He added: "What people thought was impossible, couldn't happen, wouldn't happen, may well happen."

'Message resonated'

Unison's endorsement does not mean its members who have chosen to be affiliated to Labour will necessarily vote for the Islington North MP, as they are free to cast their votes as they choose.

But it is seen as a blow to Andy Burnham, who had hoped for union backing for his campaign.

Sources in his campaign sought to present the decision as a setback for Mrs Cooper, who they said was confident of winning Unison's backing.

Liz Kendall is the other candidate in the contest.

See what happens when a serious candidate is put up by the left wing of the party? ie Not loony bin escapee Diane Abbot

Pleasantly surprised with how this contest is going. I could see me voting Labour if Corbyn was the leader tbh.

See what happens when a serious candidate is put up by the left wing of the party? ie Not loony bin escapee Diane Abbot

Pleasantly surprised with how this contest is going. I could see me voting Labour if Corbyn was the leader tbh.

It would take an entire clearout of Scottish Labour before I would even consider changing my vote again, but Corbyn is certainly a step in the right direction.

It would take an entire clearout of Scottish Labour before I would even consider changing my vote again, but Corbyn is certainly a step in the right direction.

Yeah fair point that. Labour are still a shambles up here, although I was talking about in the context of a UK GE and there's a decent chance I might be living elsewhere come 2020.

I know the Blairite argument is that Corbyn is unelectable. After all, the last five elections have all been won by candidates closer to the centre than their party. Blair was from he right of Labour and Cameron is from the left of the Tories. You can make that six if John Major - who I know nothing about - was also a moderate.

Having said that, remember the Tories will have a new leader as well and if that's Theresa May or George Osbourne I can see them putting off a lot of the soft Tories that Cameron has been able to win round. On the other hand if it's Boris Johnson I could see him doing very well

My aunt - a lady of a certain generation - thinks Andy Burnham looks like Bobby Darin. I think he looks like he's ready for the panto season.

My aunt - a lady of a certain generation - thinks Andy Burnham looks like Bobby Darin. I think he looks like he's ready for the panto season.

He's more like Scott Tracy from Thunderbirds..

tve14689-2-343.jpg

I don't know why Labour haven't long since got hold of McTernan. Not only is he awful at his job, he's a touch outspoken in his right wing views. He has, over the past few days, urged Labour to ignore it's grassrots, and suggested that we don't need as many firefighters/ fire stations because "you don't get fires any more".

A fucking fruit loop.

In addition to Unite and Unison backing Corbyn, the CWU have now thrown their weight behind him as well. They haven't missed and hit the wall in some of their comments...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33722135

The Communication Workers Union has backed left-wing MP Jeremy Corbyn in Labour's leadership contest, saying the "grip of the Blairites" on the party must be "loosened once and for all".

The union's general secretary Dave Ward said Mr Corbyn was the "antidote" to the "virus within the Labour Party".

#telt

As far as I can gather, they did get rid of him! James Francis Murphy brought him back as part of his "we're getting the band back together" recruitment when he got elected leader. Him, McTernan, and McDougall. A band so powerful, they could turn gasoline into goat piss.

After James Francis stepped down, I gather McTernan clung on. Waiting for a pay off I imagine. Murphy's legacy and gift to SLAB. :lol:

As far as I can gather, they did get rid of him! James Francis Murphy brought him back as part of his "we're getting the band back together" recruitment when he got elected leader. Him, McTernan, and McDougall. A band so powerful, they could turn gasoline into goat piss.

After James Francis stepped down, I gather McTernan clung on. Waiting for a pay off I imagine. Murphy's legacy and gift to SLAB. :lol:

Yeah I seem to remember talk of a pay off. For what though? Literally everything McTernan touches turns to shite. He has an AWFUL track record, and he's clearly a contemptible c**t to boot.

If any of us performed in our jobs the way he has, we'd either be out the door or on one of those special "plans".

:lol:

Archived