Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isn't a politics quick question thread so figured I woukd post in here.

I haven't kept up or looked at politics in the last month or so. Needed a break from it so have a few quick questions if someone can summarise?

1. Who is leading the race for uk leader? I'm seeing alot of press stuff for Corbyn, does he actually stand a chance?

2. As above for Scottish labour and Dugdale?

3. I saw some headline stuff about salmond and a second referendum, I'm assuming this is just paper talk and exaggeration and there is nothing soon?

4. Has snp hit the headlines for good or bad in the last month for anything major? I saw the foxhunting thing.

Cheers in advance

I haven't kept up or looked at politics in the last month or so. Needed a break from it so have a few quick questions if someone can summarise?

1. Who is leading the race for uk leader? I'm seeing alot of press stuff for Corbyn, does he actually stand a chance?

Apparently he's the front runner at the moment, according to all the limited polling, second preferences might still get him, if the other three unite behind an Anyone But Corbyn candidate.

No one is actually too sure, here. Dugdale is by far the media favourite and is monopolising the coverage, yet the one poll I can recall had nearly half of the eligible voters undecided, and amongst the rest ,McIntosh may have had a slight lead. Mind you, pretty sure it was the McIntosh camp that leaked it.

3. I saw some headline stuff about salmond and a second referendum, I'm assuming this is just paper talk and exaggeration and there is nothing soon?

Papertalk

4. Has snp hit the headlines for good or bad in the last month for anything major? I saw the foxhunting thing.

Mostly foxhunting at the minute, both parliaments in recess

Cheers in advance

Cheers in advance

1. It's tight at the bookies. Burnham around 6/4, Corbyn around 7/4 but Corbyn has the momentum.

2. Dugdale, laughably is a shoo in. Guaranteed to get it.

3. Paper talk. Usual shite.

4. Perm any number of SNPBAD things and the press and Slab will always find something bad to say about the SNP. None of it makes the blindedst bit of difference, happily. Sturgeon has been in China, Mhairi Black's speech has been seen by 10 million people online. That's about it I think.

1. Corbyn ahead in polls but Burnham still slight bookies favourite. Suppose the logic is that he has the most first preferences but is pretty Marmite within Labour and might fall at the next stage. It's pretty close though.

2. It's gathered so little attention, I'm not sure. Think I read somewhere that Kez was favourite but not 100%

3. Yep, hysterical paper talk. He said in a beeb interview that it was inevitable and was subsequently reported like it was just around the corner. The question is whether Sturgeon will include in manifesto for next year and nothing's confirmed. She's spoken about holding one in an England No / Scotland Yes EUref scenario (which a recent poll suggests is possible) but is otherwise keeping quiet.

4. Fox hunting thing got them a lot of praise and a lot of rage from Tories and SNPBAD types. They've profited from Labour's mess on the Welfare abstention: "the real opposition" etc. Probably the main criticism they've had has been about Police Scotland's performance - particularly following the M9 incident. Overall polls holding up at ridiculously high levels for 2016.

It's probably more to do with the fact that because he's older than 25 years of age you simply switch off along with most other kids.

That is an utterly pathetic response.
Grow up and try debating like an adult.

It's probably more to do with the fact that because he's older than 25 years of age you simply switch off along with most other kids.

Are you having a bit of a fun at your own expense here, or are you genuinely a complete weirdo with a strangely passionate dislike for young people?

Hell, even the Queen is lining up to shake their hands now.

Corbyn is a long standing Republican sympathiser and friend of SF, right back to the dark days of the 70's/80's, I would be amazed if the majority of ordinary Labour supporting punters wanted him to lead their party.

Corbyn is a long standing Republican sympathiser and friend of SF, right back to the dark days of the 70's/80's, I would be amazed if the majority of ordinary Labour supporting punters wanted him to lead their party.

He must be doing something right, the Unionists are getting desperate!

What is wrong in believing in a United Ireland?

It would be good for the rest of the UK, we would save a fortune for starters

He must be doing something right, the Unionists are getting desperate!

It matters little if he wins the race, if Labour were unelectable under Ed Milliband, then they've got absolutely no chance under Corbyn.

It matters little if he wins the race, if Labour were unelectable under Ed Milliband, then they've got absolutely no chance under Corbyn.

I really want to know this, what does "unelectable" actually mean in the context of Jeremy Corbyn?

All I can guess is that it's a word the media uses to convince the gullible to vote in the interest of their billionaire owners. If you can provide a detailed, soundbite-free explanation that isn't just a question with lots of exclamation marks at the end of it, I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

I really want to know this, what does "unelectable" actually mean in the context of Jeremy Corbyn?

All I can guess is that it's a word the media uses to convince the gullible to vote in the interest in the interest of their billionaire owners. If you can provide a detailed, soundbite-free explanation that isn't just a question with lots of exclamation marks at the end of it, I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

He supports a united oirland but and all that

Archived