Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£23 million of cuts by SNP administration in Dundee - what do Labour do? Propose writing a letter then abstain.

Jesus fucking wept.

As you are well aware the SNP have a council majority in dundee so labours vote would have been a token gesture.

The SNP say that they want to listen to the people,well in this case they have refused to do that,party before the people.

As you are well aware the SNP have a council majority in dundee so labours vote would have been a token gesture.

The SNP say that they want to listen to the people,well in this case they have refused to do that,party before the people.

Living with tory austerity is what you wanted,because scots cant be trusted to run our own affairs

Is it?Then if people think so then they have the chance to say so in may

Nah their a bit too in awe of the mighty SNP fighting austerity by refusing to raise revenues and getting people made redundant as a result.If only there was some powers they could use to alleviate that.......

Nah their a bit too in awe of the mighty SNP fighting austerity by refusing to raise revenues and getting people made redundant as a result.If only there was some powers they could use to alleviate that.......

Yip raise taxes to hurt the poorest in society when another party mentioned this a few years the red version of the tories laughed it off but now seemingly north british labour have it all figured out

Yip raise taxes to hurt the poorest in society when another party mentioned this a few years the red version of the tories laughed it off but now seemingly north british labour have it all figured out

And when councils swing the axe it will of course be the "poor" at the bottom that will suffer because the SNP can't find the time to work out how to get middle income and above types to cough up a wee bit more in council tax.The sad thing is most SNP voters i know realise this is crap about helping "the poor" but seem to find it hard to admit to themselves.The freeze has been great for me but i really could pay more to maintain services but apparently that's not necessary or appropriate? ?

You're right - it's obviously the people that are stupid. Be sure to keep telling them.

And when councils swing the axe it will of course be the "poor" at the bottom that will suffer because the SNP can't find the time to work out how to get middle income and above types to cough up a wee bit more in council tax.The sad thing is most SNP voters i know realise this is crap about helping "the poor" but seem to find it hard to admit to themselves.The freeze has been great for me but i really could pay more to maintain services but apparently that's not necessary or appropriate? ?

Dont have the power to only raise taxes for those that can afford it but you just keep that lip trembling

"I could pay more tax" does not equate with "I'd happily pay more tax". Here in Fife Jim Leishman trousers about an extra 20 grand a year for wearing a shiny chain (as provost) which involves him turning up to things occasionally. I'd rather have another binman for that cash tbh.

If certain local authorities were given carte-blanche to set the council tax as they saw fit, they would take the absolute piss. Just like before.

"I could pay more tax" does not equate with "I'd happily pay more tax". Here in Fife Jim Leishman trousers about an extra 20 grand a year for wearing a shiny chain (as provost) which involves him turning up to things occasionally. I'd rather have another binman for that cash tbh.

If certain local authorities were given carte-blanche to set the council tax as they saw fit, they would take the absolute piss. Just like before.

Aye fine lets leave it as it is then but nae greetin about Westminster bad men being responsible for job losses.

I am perfectly aware seeing I live in Dundee - it's just gutless abstaining - as for not proposing an alternative budget - that is ridiculous.

If you think that is acting like a proper opposition then clearly you are even more deluded than I thought you were.

Archived