Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of interest, are people here of the view that it is never ever, ever under any circumstances OK to discriminate on grounds of gender or sexuality?

I think for example that women should by and large be allowed to join golf clubs. However, the stuff about Muirfield, Troon etc is something I find just a little fit hypocritical on the part of women.

Can I join my local Curves gym? Can I join Women For Independence? I saw Nicola Sturgeon this week addressing a Women in Business group or something. How come that's ok?

And how come women aren't having a high profile campaign to be admitted to the masons?

Just out of interest, are people here of the view that it is never ever, ever under any circumstances OK to discriminate on grounds of gender or sexuality?

I think for example that women should by and large be allowed to join golf clubs. However, the stuff about Muirfield, Troon etc is something I find just a little fit hypocritical on the part of women.

Can I join my local Curves gym? Can I join Women For Independence? I saw Nicola Sturgeon this week addressing a Women in Business group or something. How come that's ok?

And how come women aren't having a high profile campaign to be admitted to the masons?

Because white Christian heterosexual men are the lowest of the low in western society.... you can say what you want about them and it gets a giggle!

NB I'm a white Christian heterosexual man living in western society.

It really is shite ***sigh****

Because white Christian heterosexual men are the lowest of the low in western society.... you can say what you want about them and it gets a giggle!

NB I'm a white Christian heterosexual man living in western society.

It really is shite ***sigh****

I think that's taking it to extremes and a bit MOPEy but another thing i've noticed is that female violence is often portrayed in stuff like soap, drama and comedy as legitimate or even hilarious, particularly if the person on the receiving end is a male.

Difference being that the examples you gave are literally about women, a golf club isn't about men.

Nicola Sturgeon wouldn't be allowed to join a gentleman's club or the boy scouts

I think that's taking it to extremes and a bit MOPEy but another thing i've noticed is that female violence is often portrayed in stuff like soap, drama and comedy as legitimate or even hilarious, particularly if the person on the receiving end is a male.

I was being sarcastic but I get your drift

Failed to find the clip, but in Crimes of Passion, a film by Ken Russell, Kathleen Turner buggered a cop with his own truncheon. Have to agree it was very funny.

Difference being that the examples you gave are literally about women, a golf club isn't about men.

Nicola Sturgeon wouldn't be allowed to join a gentleman's club or the boy scouts

Well, she's a little old for the scouts. But if she was a 14 year old girl, she would indeed be allowed to join. Scouts are unisex now.

Archived