Season Highs and Lows

Season Highs

Opening day of the season, 3 wins over the Dees, League cup semi win, win against Celtic and the heroic performance with 9 men(against 10) in the Scottish cup, signing Ryan McGowan, Coote making his debut, Josh Meeking's hand ball, Celtic's letter.

Season Lows

The inevitable departures of Gauld, Robertson and Armstrong and everything post Jan 31st :thumbsdown

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highs:

Difficult to pick individual highs because this season's success has been more about efficient consistency. If I had to pick one I'd probably say the utter bedlam that followed us taking the lead against Real Sociedad would be hard to beat.

It seems odd to say this, but I think because the title-race ended up petering out after the defeat at Celtic and the two draws that followed, I don't think it's been fully appreciated just how well we've done this season. Between 17th October and 2nd May our league record was : P24 W18 D4 L2. That's pretty astonishing form.

Lows:

The 4-0 at Parkhead in general, and Jonny Hayes going off injured in particular. He had the Celtic defence on toast until he went off, and we were never quite the same threat afterwards. Absolutely sickening to dominate the first half as we did and end up getting thrashed like that.

High - The 3-2 home win against Motherwell on February 14th. I think we had won twice all season before that game and looked certain to finish bottom. We then went unbeaten for more than 2 months to complete the great escape.

Low - The 1-2 home loss to 10 man St Mirren on January 17th. Despite the best efforts of agent Arquin, we still managed to f**k things up spectacularly. The 1-2 home defeat to St Mirren last Saturday was also a bit of a minter.

Got to agree with this. Though for alternatives, I'd say the High was yesterday, finally having confirmation that we were safe, coming from behind to win as well. Low I'd say the 4-0 pumping at the hands of Aberdeen the week before the Motherwell win that Sherrif John mention was a real low point, I was one more loss away from calling for McIntyre to get sacked. Fortunately it didn't come to that but after that defeat I just couldn't see how we could possibly recover the gap between us & St Mirren & Motherwell.

Season High:

The 4-1 win yesterday but putting that other mob in their place again in the League Cup was pleasing.

Season Low:

Losing 3-0 to Rangers in the Scottish Cup. Massive, massive bottle job.

High - Our good run of form starting with the 2-0 win at Dundee United.

Low - The shambles that was the 3-1 loss to County. I was fucking livid after that.

My High is a very easy choice - the only game I got to all season, the Valentine's Day 3-2 win over Motherwell.

Living oversees and not sitting through any other matches, I feel I've been spared a great many horrendous lows! Having said (and despite) that, perhaps My Low would be the very fact of not having been able to attend more matches. I do love going to the football, through thick and thin, rain or shine :(

The League title goes without saying.

Highs:

Our football since about December. Best we've played in recent years.

League Cup. Diddy cup and all that but nice to see us breaking the habit and actually winning a domestic cup.

Craig Gordon. :wub:

Overturning a 4-1 first leg defeat, to win 3-0 at Murrayfield against Legia Warsaw.......

Lows:

Our Champions League "campaign".

Scottish Cup semi final. Shocking refereeing decision aside, we were fairly average on the day.

Highs - not being involved in a relegation dogfight, 1st proper season back.

Clarksons late winner against Aberdeen, in the SC.

Beating the DABs 3-1.

Lows - the teams showing, or rather not showing up, in the first 2 league derbies.

The slump, end of 2014 beginning 15. Especially the home showings against county and the Maureen's.

Section of the South stand being closed off. c***s!!!!

Now is a good a time as ever I suppose seeing as Stagsby has it as his avatar. Those County players getting a big 'safety selfie' is a fucking minter.

I know. Isn't modern life dreadful? They should have hired a professional photographer to do it on film that he has to develop in a dark room imo

High - as mentioned before probably saturday, big noisy away support and scoring 4 goals to keep us away from danger. Another high is the performances of Mark Connolly, absolute integral part of the team. Eremenko freekick vs hamilton in last minute was no bad

Low- Getting humped 3-0 at ibrox ( team never looked like doing anything) 4-1 St mirren, thought we were doomed after that one.

Probably the last time we will see eremenko in the blue and white stripes, he is an absolute magician and a manager who cannot build a team around him/ play to his strengths is not good enough imo.

Highs:

2-0 v Motherwell. The game I really believed that we were definitely safe and absolute scenes at both goals.

2-2 v Dundee United. Probably my favourite game this season actually, seeing us battle with such a depleted team and the youngsters put in such a good performance was great.

Lyle Taylor returning. Gave myself and a lot of other fans a real lift to see him back at the club and a renewed enthusiasm for the season.

Lows:

0-1 v St Mirren. Absolutely livid after this game. Probably the angriest I've ever been after a game of football I wasn't playing in. Usually when we lose I'm just disappointed but genuinely made me seethe watching us unable to break down a defence that (if I remember correctly) hadn't kept a clean sheet at all that season? Sickening. I'm not sure I'm completely over it tbh.

1-2 v Inverness in the Scottish Cup. One of the worst games of the season. Had their number in the league, full of optimism and we put in that performance and crash out. Wish them all he best in the final but still tinged with some regret of what could have been if we'd played like a real team that day.

1-3 v County. Been mentioned before, needs no explanation from me. Marcus Fraser's goal FFS.

High

Although I wasn't there, Groningen away was great. My local paid to get premier sports and we were absolutely rammed. Not a patch on being there I suspect but best bounce I've ever had watching a game on TV.

Low

Either the LC semi or 1-2 at Pittodrie v Celtic. Two games we should definitely have won and didn't. Some questionable officiating in both of those as well never helps.

High: Briefly thinking we could just about start another great escape after beating Dundee 3-1. And THAT Mallan goal. Well, better make that those mallan goals now.

Low: Everything else. Particularly the capitulation to Motherwell to all but confirm our relegation. Special mention to our most recent defeat away in Perth, there was something particularly depressing in the manner of it. The board doing the exact opposite to what needed to be done all fukcing season. The fact that my high point of the season is beating Dundee away. No disrespect to Dundee fans but it shows how much we have regressed as a club this season.

Another low point which is almost mildly funny, is that most fans' low points involves a defeat to St. Mirren.

Archived