Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Mason Robertson would be a tremendous signing for any team in League 1 so for Peterhead to have agreed terms for him is a phenomenal piece of business. It's disappointing to see him playing at a level well below his capabilities but, and I'm sure it's been mentioned before, he apparently lives in Aberdeen so joining a club closer to home for, presumably, a good wage makes some sense, I suppose.

He can play at centre-back or as a striker but he's far better in defence - his performances at the back over the final couple of games of last season played a big part in keeping Stenhousemuir competitive until the end. Robertson was fantastic in the side's 1-0 win against Peterhead and kept Rory McAllister in his back pocket for the whole game. Best of luck to him.

Still can't believe Jim McInally's being kept on for another season, that just doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Even I would be embarrassed to be playing for Clyde just now and I've never played 11 a side football for about 15 years.
Regarding Summers and Stirling we would certainly be stronger with them I like both guys and they have a lot to offer especially in this tin pot league.

Reading this billy big baws chat from fans of a village team who have achieved nothing of note in their history is hilarious. You are right at home in this 'tin pot league' and l look forward to the mighty Clyde (and others) handing you a few pumpings next season [emoji6]

On 02/06/2017 at 19:29, beaver1 said:

That's longworth confirmed. Good news

Could be good news,but on evidence last season from what I saw may well have lost the edge.His best years were defo at Queens pk and first 2 years at Stair pk,couldn't get into Brian Reid's team and there wasn't too much shouting about that decision.I know he didn't get much game time with Alloa last season and hopefully he will prove me wrong,I noticed FF wanted to maybe pair him up with Colin Mac,that would be slower than a call centre in Asia.:o

I see Summers, Crawford and Thomas Grant are on the squad page of the website along with the already known signed players staying on for next year and young jobbers.

Edited by Neilly

I see Summers, Crawford and Thomas Grant are on the squad page of the website along with the already known signed players staying on for next year and young jobbers.

Thomas Grant is on the player availability website, along with liam Mcroary, Jack Smith and Jamie Mcormack

It could just be an oversight while they are in the process of updating all the new players. I would be surprised if Grant was kept on he showed absolutely nothing to suggest he is going to be a competent footballer at senior level. Bad injuries have obviously destroyed him in his defence.

Crawford as well I would take as back up but no more than that.

You've secured a glamour home friendly with The Famous on July 1st. As Ochilview is always a decent place to visit and the close season can't end soon enough I'm looking forward to it.