Accies vs St Mirren

Young Lewis Morgan making his first start for us.

Credit to all the Saints fans that are paying 22 quid to watch a friendly. Not for me though, grass needs done.

Docherty and Lucas were both excellent, in my opinion. Hope Docherty nails down his place next season so we can see the back of MacKinnon. The back 4 were rarely tested but I thought MacDonald showed some flashes of good play but it's been odd seeing him and Lyon as regulars at the moment considering I don't think either of them had started before February. St Mirren were expectedly poor in a boring game but we played some good stuff at times. Brophy didn't really get any service and that was Imrie's poorest game in a while. Nice to end the season with a win, though.

Well deserved win in a pretty flat match.

Great finish by Crawford. He's really developed this season.

Best for us were Docherty, who was outstanding in the first half in particular, and Lucas. The guy is a man mountain and absolutely rock solid. Really hope he gets a new contract.

'One Gary Teale' :lol:

I assume (and for their mental health, hope) the folk singing that were doing so for his involvement as a player. When his time at St Mirren is remembered it will not be for his spell as manager or even a goal. It will be this assist: https://youtu.be/TdaqKx74Tco?t=3m41s

Everyone briefly singing along to this in County Square when Teale was holding aloft the League Cup later that night will live with me forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbhtVGskmzM

Aye he is a cup winning legend. Thought he blew the chance in the final, didn't even notice Isma till GT cut the ball back :D.

Tried his best, fell short. Would be nice if Murray kept him on in some sort of capacity. Can't see him playing again .

Same here. I think quite a few folk were thinking "what was that ya stupid cu--- YASSSSSSSSSSS"

:thumsup2 Same. It's in-built Saints' paranoia from years of seeing chances go begging or decisions go against us. My mind has been conditioned to find tiny ways to torture me even when things are going well. :rolleyes:

In that split second, once I'd realised Isma was standing there, I was then convinced he was going to sclaff it, and then when it hit the back of the net I was sure there'd be an offside flag, even though I was in the worst position in the ground to judge the offside line.

:thumsup2 Same. It's in-built Saints' paranoia from years of seeing chances go begging or decisions go against us. My mind has been conditioned to find tiny ways to torture me even when things are going well. :rolleyes:

In that split second, once I'd realised Isma was standing there, I was then convinced he was going to sclaff it, and then when it hit the back of the net I was sure there'd be an offside flag, even though I was in the worst position in the ground to judge the offside line.

Almost identical thought process to myself! Teale must be offside - oh, he's not. WTF sort of shot is that? Oh, it's a pass - ach Isma must be offside. He's not, but he'll blooter this over... SCENES!

Archived