Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can people please stop mocking the United fans? I am concerned that constant mockery will result in a mass exodus of dabs from this forum before their relegation is confirmed and I won't get to put the boot in. thank you.

Can people please stop mocking the United fans? I am concerned that constant mockery will result in a mass exodus of dabs from this forum before their relegation is confirmed and I won't get to put the boot in. thank you.

They'll still be here watching, silently lurking in the shadows, scared to show their faces lest they be victimised by the mocking hordes.

Can't help but wonder what calibre of player we'll be able to sign in this transfer window. We're obviously going down, no other Premiership standard player is going to sign, Championship standard players can hardly get us out of the hole we're in, players from other leagues will surely only sign on the understanding that they will be playing in the Championship next season.

If we don't sign anyone else and just accept our fate then Thompson will come under huge pressure but it may be the only logical thing to do to minimise the financial impact on the club and to maximise the funds available for next season.

Can't help but wonder what calibre of player we'll be able to sign in this transfer window. We're obviously going down, no other Premiership standard player is going to sign, Championship standard players can hardly get us out of the hole we're in, players from other leagues will surely only sign on the understanding that they will be playing in the Championship next season.

If we don't sign anyone else and just accept our fate then Thompson will come under huge pressure but it may be the only logical thing to do to minimise the financial impact on the club and to maximise the funds available for next season.

Agree GD, I don't in any way feel sorry for ST as he's in a very privileged position and he's made some big mistakes, however I don't envy him just now either for the point you make above.

He has to be thinking one thing privately and saying something else publicly so how does he play that out in open?

I think the only way we can play both hands is to sign experienced players who aren't wanted at their parent club (which doesn't necessarily make them bad players) on short term or loan deals in the hope we can win our next few games.

If as expected we still go down at least he can say he backed his manger and doesn't have the extra overheads of long term contracts.

Will that wash? Probably only if we by some miracle stay up, and even then I think a lot of fans are past the point of no return with him.

The only players which you can realistically attract might be those who could come in on loan until the end of the season or those willing to sign a short term contract in the view of putting themselves in the shop window at the of the season.

Either way it takes time to gel and a decent manager to organise them. Tough ask!

I wish it was Hamilton in United's place, odious little club, whereas four trips to Dundee is more than decent, good pubs, decent banter, good beer, no grief, oh did i mention , good pubs.

Obviously I hope for Killie to pull away from the precipice as we always do, but I do hope our Arab friends somehow get to the play-offs and beat T.R. , creating a 16 team SPL.

The only players which you can realistically attract might be those who could come in on loan until the end of the season or those willing to sign a short term contract in the view of putting themselves in the shop window at the of the season.

Either way it takes time to gel and a decent manager to organise them. Tough ask!

Loan signings and short term contracts are our only option but the quality available will undoubtedly be pretty poor. Also Mixu was right when talked about Stokes the other day, we need players who actually want to be involved in this kind of fight, but who in their right mind wants that? I would think that we might only see one more signing at most before the window shuts (and if we lose next Saturday I would think that figure might be zero).

I'm starting to get the feeling fans of other clubs want us to go down...

Those getting most animated about United's demise are not Arabs. Our sanguine and philosophical acceptance of our fate must be frustrating for some.

I'm starting to get the feeling fans of other clubs want us to go down...

To be honest the only fans that I would ever get wound up by or at least take their criticism is Dundee fans. To a lesser extent maybe Aberdeen fans (although they have been quite quiet) and then to a much lesser extent St.Johnstone fans (although they are way off in the distance). Fans of other teams I really couldn't care less about in terms of trying to wind us up or comment on our demise.

The exact sort you've been getting.

Overpaid journeyman looking for a big 6 month pay packet.

You just have to hope some of them come with the right attitude/fitness levels tbh - you've not got any of them so far.

To be honest the only fans that I would ever get wound up by or at least take their criticism is Dundee fans. To a lesser extent maybe Aberdeen fans (although they have been quite quiet) and then to a much lesser extent St.Johnstone fans (although they are way off in the distance). Fans of other teams I really couldn't care less about in terms of trying to wind us up or comment on our demise.

I'm not particularly bothered, just something I have noticed.

As Granny says, they seem to be more interested in it than we are.

Those getting most animated about United's demise are not Arabs. Our sanguine and philosophical acceptance of our fate must be frustrating for some.

This. To be honest as long as I have a club to support I'm not really that bothered what league we play in.

What's frustrated me most this season is the lack of application and ability of most of the players along with our desire to completely sabotage ourselves at almost every opportunity (see demel, gunning, souttar etc etc)

Once most of these charlatans are gone we can rebuild, which we will.

Even if things do go wrong financially I'm confident we can get back to where we need to be (see hearts, sevco and Dundee (twice))

These things come and go in cycles for most clubs; we were shite, then good, now shite again, we will be back.

Our collapse he been nothing short of spectacular, which fans of other clubs are entitled to point out and gloat over.

Just be aware we won't be worse than you forever.

Archived