Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We desperately need to bring in a decent centre half and switch to a flat back 4 leaving Dillon on the bench and Gunning in the bookies, fucking rotten.

I take it Gunning is the big guy who managed to fall over despite only jogging gently back for the first goal?

So quite a job on to rebuild. Planning for that needs to start now surely? All these short term signings are not the answer to that. Will leave to big a job to do over summer. And who will do it?

One of my biggest concerns, and I have mentioned this before is that despite Thompson and McNamara talking about vision and planning for the last couple of years, the reality is the behind-the-scenes structure has been on the decline (and slowly dismantled) since Levein left. I'm not sure there is anyone at the club with the foresight and planning to restructure our squad, finances and youth setup in time for the Championship next year. We will be in a very, very precarious position come the start of next season if we go down.

There's not a single senior player I'd be looking to keep hold of come the end of season and I certainly wouldn't be keeping the manager. We are sensationally bad at the moment and Mixu is playing a major role in that. Five at the back is a disaster, Gunning and Dillon are a disaster, there is a growing list of Mixu f**k ups and poor decisions, the topper probably being his persistence with Szromnik and his attempts to get him playing it out from the back which cost us so many problems and points. After a small improvement in performances without getting any results we are now one of the most shambolic professional outfits I have ever seen.

Where do we then get the money to rebuild our squad? Our budgets will be so dramatically cut next season that we can't afford to cancel the contracts of, as you put it, the entire senior squad and then rebuild. It just won't happen.

Good luck to him.

Aside from the odd game it's just not worked out for him here. Seems a different player wearing Partick's colours.

Mmmm did they not say on the TV last night that he had won some United POTY award for 14/15?

Sky sports this morning saying it was Celtic who lit off the flare/smoke bomb. Clueless c***s.

Probably just a slip of the tongue, everyone is that used to celtic doing it.

Where do we then get the money to rebuild our squad? Our budgets will be so dramatically cut next season that we can't afford to cancel the contracts of, as you put it, the entire senior squad and then rebuild. It just won't happen.

From a budgetary point of view there's two separate issues.

I think we will need a short-term injection of cash to help rebuild the squad and, if thought prudent, to help buy out the contracts of some of the dead wood. The clubs debt position has been greatly reduced in the last two seasons, if we need to reverse that and increase the debt then it's something that will need to be done.

I'm not suggesting that we spend vast amounts. Many Premiership clubs and, I'd imagine more so, Championship clubs have built decent squads without spending large sums of money.

With regard to the running costs we've already taken steps to streamline the squad and that will continue. We will not be able to have the size of squad we've had recently and frankly I see no need for it anyway.

However tight our budgets will be they will be greater than our Championship rivals - assuming Hibs and Sevco. We should still have more to pay on wages than Falkirk, Raith, QotS, Morton and whoever comes down with us.

That's not to say I don't share your concern and your earlier post rightly implies that we don't have decent structures in place and no apparent vision for the club. Stephen Thompson must accept his responsibilities and make the necessary commitment to the club.

Really boils my pish the state of the team at the minute, I mean seriously how fucking hard is it to see what's wrong with the squad it's had the same problem since Wilkie retired. Get a decent cb. Mixu should be sacked for gross misconduct signing that fucking rocket Gunning.

One of my biggest concerns, and I have mentioned this before is that despite Thompson and McNamara talking about vision and planning for the last couple of years, the reality is the behind-the-scenes structure has been on the decline (and slowly dismantled) since Levein left. I'm not sure there is anyone at the club with the foresight and planning to restructure our squad, finances and youth setup in time for the Championship next year. We will be in a very, very precarious position come the start of next season if we go down.

A head of schedule in a five year plan though...

Wonder if there are relegation release clauses in many contracts amongst the first team?

At this rate your entire U-21'S will be in the first team next season

Archived