The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Got to be the poorest Winton rovers side av saw in a long while, we were very comfortable today and won quite easily Imo,they were a poor shadow of the side that beat us at duncansfield, shame really because theve a great set up down there and hardworking committee men/women an made us really welcome today, we've came into a bit of form lately, just to late methinks unfortunately.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to be the poorest Winton rovers side av saw in a long while, we were very comfortable today and won quite easily Imo,they were a poor shadow of the side that beat us at duncansfield, shame really because theve a great set up down there and hardworking committee men/women an made us really welcome today, we've came into a bit of form lately, just to late methinks unfortunately.

I've watched with interest the up-turn in results that Kilsyth have had since we won at Duncansfield a couple of weeks ago.

I remember thinking that Kilsyth looked a dispirited team that day, but perhaps we just played better than I realised.

Kilsyth started the season on fire and are finishing well too, pity about the dip in the middle or you'd be serious promotion contenders.

We won our first 5 league games and a cup game on the spin,including good wins away at Cumnock and Kilwinning, got beat from camelon in the Scottish and the wheels came off for a spell,without naming names we got let down by certain players, a forward we got from arthurlie decided he didn't want to stay an fight for a starting place,a guy we got from rossvale who was a good midfielder decided he'd go back there and play with his pal's again, no ambition, a rascal wee got from Pollok who was a bad apple and another couple of setbacks which put us on our heels for a good while,but after a while we've steadied the ship again.

The updated maximum points totals after today's matches :-

60 - Cumnock Juniors

58 - Kilwinning Rangers

56 - Largs Thistle

54 - Clydebank

49 - Blantyre Victoria

48 - Kilsyth Rangers

43 - Cumbernauld United

42 - Rutherglen Glencairn

40 - Greenock Juniors

38 - Shotts Bon Accord

37 - Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Yoker Athletic

27 - Bellshill Athletic

26 - Maybole Juniors

My thoughts are that we've played Sat, Mon, Weds Sat with no days off for last 3 weeks. There may be others but I think we're the only team in Super 1st to have this schedule. Really tough on a small squad and I think our lads have done well to put a wee almost unbeaten run together ... losing 1 out of 8. Difficult to see us finishing in top 3 now but after last season we've steadied the ship and gotten a pretty good squad together to have another tilt next season.

My thoughts are that we've played Sat, Mon, Weds Sat with no days off for last 3 weeks. There may be others but I think we're the only team in Super 1st to have this schedule. Really tough on a small squad and I think our lads have done well to put a wee almost unbeaten run together ... losing 1 out of 8. Difficult to see us finishing in top 3 now but after last season we've steadied the ship and gotten a pretty good squad together to have another tilt next season.

Reverse psychology. ;-)

The updated maximum points totals after today's matches :-

60 - Cumnock Juniors

58 - Kilwinning Rangers

56 - Largs Thistle

54 - Clydebank

49 - Blantyre Victoria

48 - Kilsyth Rangers

43 - Cumbernauld United

40 - Greenock Juniors

38 - Shotts Bon Accord

Yoker Athletic

27 - Bellshill Athletic

26 - Maybole Juniors

This is why I put up my own version of a league table, not probable perhaps, but possible. This one isn't.

This is why I put up my own version of a league table, not probable perhaps, but possible. This one isn't.

It isn't a prediction, it's merely what it says it is, ie a list of possible maximum points.

End of the day it's only a bit of fun really, no one can predict truly how things will work out? Especially in this crazy league!!! ðŸ˜

Exactly, which is shown by two of Maybole's only four wins coming against Largs and Kilwinning, and Glencairn thumping five past Cumnock, their only defeat in 20+ games.

Cumnock have had a similar fixture backlog and still have 8 league games and the Ayrshire cup to go.

Aye it's similar although you don't have a game tomorrow.

We had a game against Kirky on 20/4 and by 14/5 we'll have played 11 games in 24 days. We'll have 2 league games left by that point ... It's a feature of this time of year and almost everyone will have to go through something similar .. It's an unnecessary way to run a semi-pro league though. Guess we've been through all of the arguments before.

3 league games left, cumbernauld away and Cumnock and Largs at home and no game on Saturday? Running out of Saturday's u'd like to think they wouldn't send Cumnock or Largs to Kilsyth midweek? But we're running out of time?

Still in league cup, home to Cambuslang tonight as well.

A big result for Ardrossan tonight, which sucks Greenock right back into the mix. Greenock have only two games left, away to Largs and Cumnock. Cumbernauld also have a far from easy run-in, and Glencairn have it tough as well. All still to play for.

The updated maximum points totals after tonight's matches :-

60 - Cumnock Juniors

58 - Kilwinning Rangers

56 - Largs Thistle

54 - Clydebank

49 - Blantyre Victoria

48 - Kilsyth Rangers

40 - Cumbernauld United

38 - Shotts Bon Accord

Greenock Juniors

Yoker Athletic

27 - Bellshill Athletic

26 - Maybole Juniors

Wednesday night's fixtures :-

Clydebank (2nd) v Blantyre Victoria (6th)

Kilwinning Rangers (3rd) v Cumnock Juniors (5th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (8th) v Ardrossan Winton Rovers (12th)

Shotts Bon Accord (9th) v Bellshill Athletic (13th)

No doubts about the game of the night.

Your thoughts ?

Archived