The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Big Carlin's that poor a keeper he kept us in the game lol 😂😂😂😂.

Cracking big keeper. Easily one of the better keepers about in the West at the moment. Certainly right up there in terms of our league!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see in the 'highlights' video the ball kicks higher off the surface, that's what beats Andy. Selective video highlights right enough....so why don't you show Burbridge's 'fall' for the foul? I'm sure if you ask him Bill he'll tell you he conned the ref by diving!! Won't be the first nor the last player to do that. That's what's so disappointing about the late equaliser...Clydebank had done very good clear cut chances, no issues with that, but at least have a bit of humility and admit it was not a foul in the first place!

Justed watched the highlights, assault?? Get a grip, you had an opposing player sent off on Monday against you for hee haw, do u just want to play against ten men all the time, see players get sent off for challenges that warrant at the most a yellow if anything. Where was the free kick leading up to the equaliser, heard it was dodgy?

Not sure you bothered to read all the comments on this page where every Clydebank fan said it was never a red on Monday night?

Missed last nights game but looks like a dominant performance from us but lacking quality in finishing again.

And looking at the challenge on Shelvey - I think that's a red. His boot first makes contact high on Jordan's chest and he is standing tall. Fully committed yes. Won the ball yes. But very dangerous and aggressive.

I think you'll find his foot makes contact with the BALL first..I have seen some strange decisions from refs this season on similar challenges but if you agree Duffy's challenge was not a red card, then you have to agree that wasn't a red card last night.

Winning the ball first is irrelevant if the tackle is dangerous. I don't think the two compare at all. Very different challenges. I think it's a red, I don't think Duffys is. Matter of opinion.

Lot of poor comments on here. Better sticking to the fitba on both sides, going to be an exciting end to the season. Hopefully with the Bankies (and our 17s) winning a few trophies 😛

The updated maximum points totals :-

60 - Cumnock Juniors

Kilwinning Rangers

56 - Clydebank

Largs Thistle

51 - Blantyre Victoria

48 - Kilsyth Rangers

43 - Cumbernauld United

42 - Greenock Juniors

Rutherglen Glencairn

40 - Ardrossan Winton Rovers

38 - Shotts Bon Accord

37 - Yoker Athletic

30 - Bellshill Athletic

26 - Maybole Juniors (relegated)

So the safety mark drops to 39 points tonight (and falling).

It is virtually impossible for a team to be relegated on 39 points.

Think about it; there are 182 games played in this league, so 546 points up for grabs at the start.

On average over several seasons 40 are drawn, so only 506 are awarded (1 point lost for each draw)

If 11th placed club has 39 points then the ten above them have at least 40 each and those in the highest positions will have on average another 5 this only leaves about 17 points for the bottom three. Since they will have played each other twice then that is 18 points available (forgeting drawn games). It is inconceivable that these three clubs would not have taken some point from the top eleven.

There is one possible scenario though where a club with 39 points could finish bottom (or top) of the league.

Every club wins all of their home games by a one goaL margin, they all have thirteen wins and 39 points.

Every club has a zero goal difference, how do you determine who are champions and who gets relegated?

Couldn't happen? What odds would the bookies put on such a scenario? 5000 to 1?

That would mean playing the league every year from before the pyramids were built till the present day.

It is just about as unlikely as an obscure West midlands club who have never won the English league winning the Premiership in front of all the big money clubs.

Where can I get this bet on?

We need 6 points during the week to put the pressure on Kilwinning when we play them next saturday.

Largs looking like champions, but everyone is dropping points.

Kilsyth still in with an outside chance of a play off spot.

Largs have recovered well in recent weeks after a dodgy spell about a month ago, and they have points on the board which is always better than games in hand.

Bellshill Athletic are now officially relegated along with Maybole, two more dreaded drop places still to be avoided though, and several candidates still involved, including my team.

The West Region website initially had Yoker v Maybole down as a fixture for today, does anybody know why that match wasn't played ?

Largs have recovered well in recent weeks after a dodgy spell about a month ago, and they have points on the board which is always better than games in hand.

Bellshill Athletic are now officially relegated along with Maybole, two more dreaded drop places still to be avoided though, and several candidates still involved, including my team.

The West Region website initially had Yoker v Maybole down as a fixture for today, does anybody know why that match wasn't played ?

Maybole had asked for a free week it was rumoured. Yoker have 5 games left and no league games this week and Cumbernauld have 5 games also and only playing 1 league game his week.

Maybole have 4 games left and 2 of them against yoker and Glencairn have 4 left also and 2 of them are against Kilwinning thats 1 reason why we should have a fixture list .It would help avoid this type of thing happening.

Teams can just decide when they want to play then?

We only have 5 games left and are playing 3 times this week.

The usual end of the season shambles.

No need for it either as the season can finish in june.

We haven't even been scheduled to play Kilwinning at any point this season, no postponed games or cancelled for cup replays or anything like that. We just haven't been asked to play them yet.

Our next match is at home to Ardrossan on Wednesday, so our two games v Kilwinning will be in our final three games of the season, possibly our last two. I'm hoping that we have done enough to stay up before then.

Archived