The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday night's fixtures :-

Clydebank (2nd) v Blantyre Victoria (6th)

Kilwinning Rangers (3rd) v Cumnock Juniors (5th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (8th) v Ardrossan Winton Rovers (12th)

Shotts Bon Accord (9th) v Bellshill Athletic (13th)

No doubts about the game of the night.

Your thoughts ?

Home win

Draw

Home win

Away win

Mon the papers

Just shows u about this league, after our win at a very poor Ardrossan a wouldn't have gave u any odds on them going to a stuffy hardworking Greenock an winning 4-0 I couldn't believe that score when I saw it, just shows nothing is a given in this crazy league, lol.

Just shows u about this league, after our win at a very poor Ardrossan a wouldn't have gave u any odds on them going to a stuffy hardworking Greenock an winning 4-0 I couldn't believe that score when I saw it, just shows nothing is a given in this crazy league, lol.

Ardrossan will undoubtedly be very tough opponents for us tomorrow night.

bill ,peter,they were garbage on Saturday against us,they looked like a team who'd given up the ghost,then they go an hump greenock 4-0 away,u couldnt make it up  :rolleyes:

IMO there will be more twists and turns over the next couple of weeks at the top and bottom! Not good for the old ticker!

Ardrossan are fighting for their lives, and doing a fine job about it too. They scored after 40 seconds tonight and then defended it strongly. We could have played till next Wednesday night and still not scored.

Shotts losing to Bellshill was a bonus for us and the other teams in the relegation mix.

Your prediction was correct lang,but I bet you never saw that score line coming! ;-)

Heard that Cumnock manager was on their bench and they were down a few. Big game on Saturday.if we ein then I fancy us for top 3 finish but if not then we need to win our last 2.

Winton still have a lot of work to do.

The maximum points totals after tonight's matches :-

58 - Kilwinning Rangers

57 - Cumnock Juniors

56 - Largs Thistle

54 - Clydebank

48 - Kilsyth Rangers

46 - Blantyre Victoria

40 - Cumbernauld United

39 - Rutherglen Glencairn

37 - Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Greenock Juniors

Yoker Athletic

35 - Shotts Bon Accord

27 - Bellshill Athletic

26 - Maybole Juniors

So the safety mark sits at 38 points tonight.

Not looking good for Glencairn

Three matches left. Yes, they are all against promotion contenders, but that's the same for Greenock who only have two games and both of them away from home.

Shotts also have only two games left, one of them v Cumnock. Cumbernauld also have to play Kilsyth, Kilwinning and Cumnock. Ardrossan and Yoker have to play each other, they can't both get three points from that.

So, yes, last night was a blow, but it's far from "not looking good", it's very much in our own hands. One win would be enough for us I reckon. Yes, Kilwinning put five past Cumnock last night, but so did we a few weeks ago.

Archived