The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read something along those lines on Facebook. Seems very strange with a few games remaining that Greenock to give their management team the bullet.

Is it a sacking, or have they perhaps walked ?

Sacked down to the way they spoke to the players. John McMaster in temporary charge.

Perhaps that explains why they have only taken 1 point out of 12 from four home games since thumping us a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps this will give their dressing room a lift ahead of two important games to finish their league season, away to Largs on Saturday and away to Cumnock on Monday. They may need to get something out of one of those games to secure safety.

Saturday's fixtures :-

Bellshill Athletic (13th) v Cumnock Juniors (5th)

Ardrossan Winton Rovers (11th) v Blantyre Victoria (6th)

Kilwinning Rangers (3rd) v Clydebank (2nd)

Largs Thistle (1st) v Greenock Juniors (7th)

Maybole Juniors (14th) v Shotts Bon Accord (9th)

Your thoughts ?

Your thoughts ?

Kilsyth and Cumbernauld both have a free Saturday and have still to play each other, so fixtures man schedules it for a Monday night... Absolute disgrace!

Kilsyth and Cumbernauld both have a free Saturday and have still to play each other, so fixtures man schedules it for a Monday night... Absolute disgrace!

Thats cos Rob Roy also play at Guys Meadow and have a game there on Saturday.

Bellshill Athletic (13th) v Cumnock Juniors Draw

Ardrossan Winton Rovers (11th) v Blantyre Victoria Home

Kilwinning Rangers (3rd) v Clydebank (2nd). Home

Largs Thistle (1st) v Greenock Juniors (7th). Home

Maybole Juniors (14th) v Shotts Bon Accord (9th). Draw

Your thoughts ?

Cumnock won't get it easy at Bellshill, nobody is beating Bellshill by a heavy margin and Largs scraped a win there just last week, so it'll be a test for the visitors on a tight and bumpy surface. They'll need to roll up their sleeves to get three points.

Ardrossan have the bit between their teeth at the moment, two huge away wins for them this midweek have given them great hopes of survival, and it's their last home match of the season so they'll want to take full advantage against a Blantyre side who are pretty much out of the promotion and relegation equation now.

Kilwinning and Clydebank both scored five goals on Wednesday night, and the visitors probably need to win if they are hoping to get one of the automatic promotion places. This could be a high scoring affair, and undoubtedly the game of the day in this league.

A month or two ago I thought Largs were going to fall away and not get promoted, but they've proved me wrong and have gone on a good run of results recently. Another home win would take them a big step towards automatic promotion, but they will face a Greenock side who are very unpredictable, and are capable of an upset on their day. Greenock still aren't officially safe, and have two very difficult away matches to play, but I wouldn't rule out them taking something from this game and opening the door to the likes of Clydebank and Cumnock for automatic promotion.

Maybole's fate has been decided for a few weeks now, but they will have a big say in who goes down with them, as they not only play Shotts tomorrow but also their final two matches are both against Yoker. Shotts make the long trip down the A77 and really need to win, with their final match at home to Cumnock.

From a relegation perspective :-

A very important win for Shotts today, lifting them up to 32 points which might just be enough for them to survive, with their last match against Cumnock.

Ardrossan have three away matches to finish the season, starting on Monday night at Largs, and they probably need to win two of them. But given their away results last midweek it could work in their favour that they are on their travels, time will tell.

Greenock losing to Largs means that they may need to take something from their last game on Monday night away to Cumnock.

From my own team's angle, without a game today, it's been a mixed afternoon. Ardrossan losing to Blantyre was helpful for us, and Greenock losing at Largs keeps them within reach for us as well, but Shotts winning at Maybole wasn't the result we were looking for.

From a promotion perspective :-

It really couldn't be tighter. Kilwinning and Clydebank drawing was probably just the result that Cumnock and Largs were praying for. Cumnock v Clydebank next Saturday is a very big match now, while my team will be hoping to do them both a favour as we travel to Kilwinning still needing points for ourselves.

The maximum points totals after today's games :-

57 - Cumnock Juniors

56 - Kilwinning Rangers

Largs Thistle

52 - Clydebank

48 - Kilsyth Rangers

46 - Blantyre Victoria

40 - Cumbernauld United

39 - Rutherglen Glencairn

37 - Yoker Athletic

35 - Shotts Bon Accord

34 - Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Greenock Juniors

24 - Bellshill Athletic

23 - Maybole Junniors

So the safety mark this evening sits at 35 points, and 53 points would guarantee a place in the top three.

From a relegation perspective :-

A very important win for Shotts today, lifting them up to 32 points which might just be enough for them to survive, with their last match against Cumnock.

Ardrossan have three away matches to finish the season, starting on Monday night at Largs, and they probably need to win two of them. But given their away results last midweek it could work in their favour that they are on their travels, time will tell.

Greenock losing to Largs means that they may need to take something from their last game on Monday night away to Cumnock.

From my own team's angle, without a game today, it's been a mixed afternoon. Ardrossan losing to Blantyre was helpful for us, and Greenock losing at Largs keeps them within reach for us as well, but Shotts winning at Maybole wasn't the result we were looking for.

From a promotion perspective :-

It really couldn't be tighter. Kilwinning and Clydebank drawing was probably just the result that Cumnock and Largs were praying for. Cumnock v Clydebank next Saturday is a very big match now, while my team will be hoping to do them both a favour as we travel to Kilwinning still needing points for ourselves.

The maximum points totals after today's games :-

57 - Cumnock Juniors

56 - Kilwinning Rangers

Largs Thistle

52 - Clydebank

48 - Kilsyth Rangers

46 - Blantyre Victoria

40 - Cumbernauld United

39 - Rutherglen Glencairn

37 - Yoker Athletic

35 - Shotts Bon Accord

34 - Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Greenock Juniors

24 - Bellshill Athletic

23 - Maybole Junniors

So the safety mark this evening sits at 35 points, and 53 points would guarantee a place in the top three.

Very tight at the top looking at the table I would not rule Kilsyth out just yet. They have done well to get themselves back into it. I am sure there will be a few more twist and turns in it.

Very tight at the top looking at the table I would not rule Kilsyth out just yet. They have done well to get themselves back into it. I am sure there will be a few more twist and turns in it.

It's highly unlikely Kilsyth can get in the top 3, but I hope you are right. It would mean that Glencairn had taken something off of either Kilwinning or Clydebank.

Wouldn't rule us out either you never know but a big ask for Kilsyth now, unfortunate we had a bit of a spell in the middle of the season where our form was poor after a great start to the season, and now a good finish to it, if it wasn't for the dip in form in the middle I am sure we would have been challenging right at the top, Cumbernauld away on Monday then Largs and Cumnock to come to duncansfield, 3 very difficult games but the form we are in at the moment 3 very winnable games aswell

I wouldn't rule them out entirely. Largs and Cumnock have still to go to Kilsyth.

Totally irrelevant. Kilsyth must win their 3 games, They can't catch Largs anyway, and I would be astonished if they managed to stay ahead of Cumnock even if they beat them. They are dependent on other teams beating Kilwinning and Clydebank.

Archived